First grow harvested and I’m pretty disappointed with myself

• Thread starter Jkool92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jkool92

Jkool92

First two plants I’ve ever grown have finished flowering and I’ve cut em hung em to dry in a cool dark place til dry enough to trim and jar...I started in tents with led spectrum lights 600w each two of them....one plant was white widow crossed with northern lights hydro grow with two big ass air stones and the soil plant was Afghan kush in a five gallon bucket...after they outgrew their tents I moved them to the basement with a 1000w HPS light on a pulley system over them throughout flowering I used general hydroponics trio for feeding might’ve left the plants in the flower stage for too long but I can’t figure out why my nugs are hairy like and not dense at all my Afghan kush kola weighs 2.9gs what am I doing wronggg

4932F7DC CD47 4249 B604 6F3F4D6FADC4
337A4215 5F9B 4E75 BDDB 01C83B480B6D
E368C249 19E2 4DF0 9D05 5CAE63982D30
GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

Alot of times loose nugs can be heat or nute deficiency.
A few years ago I put too much glucose in my soil and larffed a whole plant.......

IMG 3431
Dr.B

Dr.B

I just had a summer hobby/mother plant do a similar thing. Better yield at around a QP but a lot of loose fluffy nugs. It just got too hot in the tent for a couple weeks in bloom.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Once you get the environment dialed in you’ll get better results. Take into account leaf temps, relative humidity, light intensity, air circulation & exchange. Once those are all dialed in you’ll find your harvests get better and your plants will seem happier.

The trick to growing is not forcing them to grow but rather giving them what they need to thrive.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have grown for years and found that adding some blue light during flowering sees to help keep buds tighter, although some are simply not genetically programmed for nuggets, lie most Sativa strains. I think you need more light during the vegging period, as a more robust plant grows more robust buds, in general. 1000w of HPS in a tent should be more than enough light for flowering, but I'm skeptical of the ratings of LED lights, since the rating is pretty much arbritary and not related to power consumption, unlike HPS and MH lights.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I have grown for years and found that adding some blue light during flowering sees to help keep buds tighter, although some are simply not genetically programmed for nuggets, lie most Sativa strains. I think you need more light during the vegging period, as a more robust plant grows more robust buds, in general. 1000w of HPS in a tent should be more than enough light for flowering, but I'm skeptical of the ratings of LED lights, since the rating is pretty much arbritary and not related to power consumption, unlike HPS and MH lights.

For sure. This is most common with cheap LEDs. Actually it’s common in consumer light bulbs as well. You’ll often see a 10w light marketed as 60w equivalent which is misleading at best.

I always use a kill-a-watt meter to display the true wattage the unit is pulling from the wall. It’s great for fine tuning lights for best efficiency also.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

How long did you veg them?

Usually, if you want bigger plants then veg them longer.

That said, when environmental conditions are dialed in, it's more about genetics at play.....i.e.... flowering from seed and still ended up with 6 foot plants.

Lights would be a good place to start....try to increase lighting intensity until you see shorter spaces between nodes in both veg and flowering stages.

Improve your environment and you will start to see dramatic changes in growth and production. You can then work on genetics that suits your environment. At that point you will find yourself on another level!!

Oh ya baby.....there are levels to this game..😉😉

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

It was my third grow that I got some tasty buds. Started to fade early and I went to walmart and grabbed some jobes organics rose food, and that pulled me through flower lol 😂

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

" but I'm skeptical of the ratings of LED lights, since the rating is pretty much arbritary and not related to power consumption, unlike HPS and MH lights."

It's not about power consumption, it's all about PAR........... 1 Gavita LED above this room.

Top Bottom