First Grow- Have A Few Questions For Everyone :-) Thanks!

• Thread starter jerrygarcia9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jerrygarcia9

Hi. I have my first grow going right now and it was running well up until this week when my plants started to show some signs of deficiencies. I am not too sure what is going on so I thought I would come to the experts here and hopefully find out. Here is a short summary of the process and set up I am using:
Plants are currently 3 days into flower and were in veg for 5 weeks beforehand.

Strains: Skywalker OG (54 plants) and PieFace (18 plants)

Medium: Royal Gold Tupur (3 parts) and Sunshine Mix #4 (1 part) in 3 gallon pots

Nutrient Mix Used: Veg + Bloom RO Soft and Cal Mag (from Botanicare). During flower I will add Veg Bloom Shine to the mix as well.
During the middle/end of veg was feeding at around 680 ppm and 6.3 pH
I keep the mix in a 25 gallon barrel with a water chiller and an air stone aerator. I also have a shower head pvc attachment for the pump to keep the mix circulating.

Foliar Spray Used: Push Foliar Spray about every 3 or 4 days during Veg

Water Used: Reverse Osmosis Water

Water Temp: 68-70 on avg.

Avg. Temp : 76 F (flower) 78 F (Veg)

Avg. RH: 56 (flower) 63 (Veg)

Lighting: During Veg they were on two 4x8 trays that each had a 4ft 8 bulb T5 above it. 18 hr on and 6 hr off light schedule. During flower they are under 6
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks 2
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks 3
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks 2
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks 3
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks 4
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks 5
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks 6
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks 7
First grow  have a few questions for everyone   thanks 8
1000w DE Philps HPS lights currently set at 600w with a 12 hr on 12 hr off light schedule.

The plants were in smaller 5"x5" pots during the entire veg process and transplanted into 3 gallon pots the first day of flower. I watered with just RO water that was PH to 6.3. They were given 36 hours with no light and then started on 12 hr on 12 hr off light cycle.

On some of the skywalker plants I am seeing new growth that looks burnt and yellow. Some of the older leaves are yellowing a little on the middle parts of leaves. I have attached pics and labeled them.

On a lot of the pieface plants the new growth is also looking burnt and yellow. Some of the new leaves growing in are tiny and have small, rounded tips.

Any help would be appreciated guys/gals!! I definitely don't want to make any more mistakes and ruin my entire grow. Thanks for taking the time to read this!! Have a great evening :-)

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hi. I have my first grow going right now and it was running well up until this week when my plants started to show some signs of deficiencies. I am not too sure what is going on so I thought I would come to the experts here and hopefully find out. Here is a short summary of the process and set up I am using:
Plants are currently 3 days into flower and were in veg for 5 weeks beforehand.

Strains: Skywalker OG (54 plants) and PieFace (18 plants)

Medium: Royal Gold Tupur (3 parts) and Sunshine Mix #4 (1 part) in 3 gallon pots

Nutrient Mix Used: Veg + Bloom RO Soft and Cal Mag (from Botanicare). During flower I will add Veg Bloom Shine to the mix as well.
During the middle/end of veg was feeding at around 680 ppm and 6.3 pH
I keep the mix in a 25 gallon barrel with a water chiller and an air stone aerator. I also have a shower head pvc attachment for the pump to keep the mix circulating.

Foliar Spray Used: Push Foliar Spray about every 3 or 4 days during Veg

Water Used: Reverse Osmosis Water

Water Temp: 68-70 on avg.

Avg. Temp : 76 F (flower) 78 F (Veg)

Avg. RH: 56 (flower) 63 (Veg)

Lighting: During Veg they were on two 4x8 trays that each had a 4ft 8 bulb T5 above it. 18 hr on and 6 hr off light schedule. During flower they are under 6 View attachment 865460 View attachment 865461 View attachment 865462 View attachment 865460 View attachment 865461 View attachment 865462 View attachment 865463 View attachment 865464 View attachment 865465 View attachment 865466 View attachment 865467 1000w DE Philps HPS lights currently set at 600w with a 12 hr on 12 hr off light schedule.

The plants were in smaller 5"x5" pots during the entire veg process and transplanted into 3 gallon pots the first day of flower. I watered with just RO water that was PH to 6.3. They were given 36 hours with no light and then started on 12 hr on 12 hr off light cycle.

On some of the skywalker plants I am seeing new growth that looks burnt and yellow. Some of the older leaves are yellowing a little on the middle parts of leaves. I have attached pics and labeled them.

On a lot of the pieface plants the new growth is also looking burnt and yellow. Some of the new leaves growing in are tiny and have small, rounded tips.

Any help would be appreciated guys/gals!! I definitely don't want to make any more mistakes and ruin my entire grow. Thanks for taking the time to read this!! Have a great evening :)
when you flipped did you harden them off for the new light?did you change there feed schedule,transition to flower is tough on them if not introduced slowly,your feed should be more into the P andK now,with little N just saying,also the ppm has to be slowed for the transition,i other words,start them out just as veg,build up your ppm count slowly to you get the sweet spot,maybe this help

Enforcer

Enforcer

It kinda looks like light burn to me. How close is the light to the canopy?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The first thing that comes to mind when I see plants like that is too much of something, probably nutrients. I point out the folded leaves, but also the exaggerated leaf ridges...it's just a general overall appearance that things aren't going well. Many prepackaged soil mixes have a ton of nutrients in them already...when you start adding things and messing with the Ph, you can have a disaster in short order. Many of your leaves will probably discolor and possibly die, but I think things can be changed. I would flush them out a few times. It will take a few weeks to see any improvement, but by looking thru similar threads, you will see a lot of new growers that fail because of overfeeding and lack of patience. Plants don't need a ton of nutrients when they are first starting out, and it is easy to overfeed them.
The opinions are mine only. There are growers that could probably take one look and tell what the problem is...I based mine on appearance and description only. Sometimes less is better, although it's hard to get accustomed to thinking like that, especially when waiting for a slow plant to grow!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

What @Jimster said. I'd check the actual soil pH as well.

indicabush

indicabush

Tend to agree with @Jimster ....fert burn.....3 days in to flower....soup mixes will vex you! Flushing time....

Latest posts

Top Bottom