First grow. I made it to day 17. Having some issues with a few of my plants. Can anyone help?

• Thread starter EbbnFlowr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stringbean

Every time I've run autos I do everything people tell you not to do the first thing I do is put them in Solo cups after I crack seeds I soak them in peroxide water for about 2 hours crack the skin put it right in the dirt then I upped it to my final pot about the approximately 3 weeks after the seeds crack then I might top them or I might just start tying them down but I never ever ever take too many leaves off because that is the heart of an Autoflower then things are like time bombs you don't know when they're going to go off into flower if you stress them too much you know for example repotting topping low stress training autoflowers do not like to be fucked with they're very finicky all I'm saying is you may have a real good experience with one plant and get killer buds twist that fucker up like a rope but then you'll get one where you barely touch it and breathe on it and it wants to die you know. Another thing when you tie Autos down tie them loosely or if you tie them tight to the branches and snug them against the stalks of the plant the plant will grow into those I've had that happen to me before fuck up my plants cuz I'm too lazy to take the ties off after I put them on you know that's why I use twine plastic and zip ties and 14/2 electrical wire I've seen guys use but if you leave them in there they will grow around them and then that will start your plant you can damn near look at Autoflower and stun it you don't know what it'll do and for as much as guys pay for seeds these days the yield isn't there they're very difficult to deal with I'm going back to photos bigger yields better buds more THC content. Just remember every time you torture an auto flower top it pull it twist it give it a few days to rest cuz I ran into the problem where I just keep going at them picking leaves tying them down and then they just stunt and instead of getting 4 oz per plant you end up with one and a half or two you definitely have the right lights you got good gear sky's the limit man as long as you got the knowledge you can grow anything it just keeps getting better and better in my opinion

MDK

MDK

I don’t trust the app. Used it as a ballpark guess. Then got the LUX meter. It’s consistent and easy to use with the cord on the sensor. Also locks reading. No glare on the screen so I can’t see the reading or buttons.
Yea what's the deal with lux meters I was hearing they are ok but not as good as a real par meter

I'm just using ppfd meter to get me close then using my own feel the rest of the way upping the light a little if I can and backing it off if I have to...should have clarified I'm not 100% counting on that app...just using it to get me close and it seemed to get me closer than photone

I almost feel like autos have a mind of their own personally. I just feel like you'll have some good ones and some junk runts...you can do everything the same and some just stunt out and others don't...when you mess with em, do it early...they can go into preflower by week 3 or 4 so have any high stress shit done before then...let em stretch and once the bud sites develop peel those fan leaves and sucker leaves leaving a few here and there and about top 4 big leaves on each cola bud....that's kinda my method

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
No doubt bro! This has turned into a job lol...but im having a blast not gonna lie! I can't wait to get to flower.

Light is dialed in as much as it can be with the photon app. At 28 DLI I don't think that's too crazy right? I turned the lights off on some of the pics next time I'll be a little more consistent haha! I think this strain just doesn't like too much water cuz the rest don't look like this. Gonna get a decent drt back and see what happens. No spots or burn I can tell...about to defoliate a little bit. Looking at YouTube videos now.

Thank you for the advice!

I use this as a rough guide looking for my other chart

1EE47635 58FC 4F80 A5B6 148DEF21C5DD
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Yea what's the deal with lux meters I was hearing they are ok but not as good as a real par meter

I'm just using ppfd meter to get me close then using my own feel the rest of the way upping the light a little if I can and backing it off if I have to...should have clarified I'm not 100% counting on that app...just using it to get me close and it seemed to get me closer than photone

I almost feel like autos have a mind of their own personally. I just feel like you'll have some good ones and some junk runts...you can do everything the same and some just stunt out and others don't...when you mess with em, do it early...they can go into preflower by week 3 or 4 so have any high stress shit done before then...let em stretch and once the bud sites develop peel those fan leaves and sucker leaves leaving a few here and there and about top 4 big leaves on each cola bud....that's kinda my method
Just a different but cheaper way to measure light. Not the best for plant light but not $200+ either. 🤷‍♂️

39475BDC 137E 4957 A635 32FEA36886AB

I have a better chart somewhere but for now this is in the average ballpark.

simonkay

simonkay

Thanks man! Yeah they are autos. Your saying If they were photos Id have monsters? I topped them a couple days ago and have been leaf tucking and manually kinda just spreading them out a couple times a day. I defoliated today also for the first time I think I cut a couple things I wasn't supposed to hopefully they will be ok!

Yeah I bought a bunch of auto seeds at the beginning and regretted it after doing more research. Def going to be running photos from here on out after this. Already have some fire seeds I can't wait....
Theres a guy i follow on Twitter who grows huge autos, he says he doesn't stress auto's as they don't have time to bounce back so not topping or too much lst FYI.

Top Bottom