First grow. I made it to day 17. Having some issues with a few of my plants. Can anyone help?

• Thread starter EbbnFlowr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EbbnFlowr

So here are some pictures of the forgotten strawberry I'm running from Mephisto that I'm not sure what's going on. They sprouted first along with the queens banner, trop Wiz and pinot noir which are all doing well in comparison, at least I think. These 2 have looked like this since they started growing true leaves almost.

Coco.
Watering 2 times a day.
1.9 ec
6.0 pH
85f/70rh
1400ppm CO2
DLI 28
Day 17
Run off ec and pH all in range.

They started at 20dli. Raised to 28 DLI after 10 days after I added CO2. Then raised to 35 DLI after a few days at 28, noticed some stress on a couple others, so lowered it back down to 28 yesterday.

Seems like a strong plant but there is obviously and issue and idk what else to do.

Topped 2 days ago but they looked like this way before that. Started in solos, transferred to 1 gallon after a week. Then to 5 gallon after another week and started them on the aircube system. Started CO2 day 10...1000ppm and have worked my way up to 1400. Day 17 or 18 today.

20230317_082922.jpg
20230317_082925.jpg
20230317_082806.jpg
20230317_082757.jpg
20230317_082739.jpg
20230317_082736.jpg
20230317_082751.jpg

Here are some pics of what I believe to be healthy ones that have received the same treatment and sprouted same day.

First grow i made it to day 17 having some issues with a few of my plants can anyone help 8
First grow i made it to day 17 having some issues with a few of my plants can anyone help 9

What do I do? Can I just power through it and see what happens? Gonna be hard to change too much up with this system. I guess I could take these out when I flood and hand water them until they are healthy..please help lol...

Heres a link to my grow diary I started this morning for more info.

First grow i made it to day 17 having some issues with a few of my plants can anyone help 10
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Your going to need a coco guy but it looks over watered to me. In the first couple pics that loaded.

Swollen leaves, raised between the vanes.

See if a coco member steps up.

E

EbbnFlowr

Your going to need a coco guy but it looks over watered to me. In the first couple pics that loaded.

Swollen leaves, raised between the vanes.

See if a coco member steps up.
Yeah I think so I guess I will pull these the next couple floods and get a decent dry back. That's what the guys at my hydroshop just told me to do at least and see what happens.

MDK

MDK

Try less water, then Try more or less light. If no burn or obvious spots or signs of chemical issue don't change them just keep on keeping on. Work your way up to those gosh damned bananas

In the picture that is backed off are the sick lookin ones in the back row where it looks a little darker? Not sure if too little light may be it, I had a plant look similar that just needed more light

I'll give you credit for balls if this is truly your first grow and you are doing all the stuff you are doing...you went in my guy!

E

EbbnFlowr

Try less water, then Try more or less light. If no burn or obvious spots or signs of chemical issue don't change them just keep on keeping on. Work your way up to those gosh damned bananas

In the picture that is backed off are the sick lookin ones in the back row where it looks a little darker? Not sure if too little light may be it, I had a plant look similar that just needed more light

I'll give you credit for balls if this is truly your first grow and you are doing all the stuff you are doing...you went in my guy!

No doubt bro! This has turned into a job lol...but im having a blast not gonna lie! I can't wait to get to flower.

Light is dialed in as much as it can be with the photon app. At 28 DLI I don't think that's too crazy right? I turned the lights off on some of the pics next time I'll be a little more consistent haha! I think this strain just doesn't like too much water cuz the rest don't look like this. Gonna get a decent drt back and see what happens. No spots or burn I can tell...about to defoliate a little bit. Looking at YouTube videos now.

Thank you for the advice!

MDK

MDK

I honestly have never really looked at DLi so you got me there...I always just use ppfd

I have photone app and I have ppfd meter app...I know photone on android is in beta...ppfd meter is touted as about 98% accuracy and it reads higher max ppfd on my phone than photone...

Maybe download it and compare...I wish I really had spare money for an apogee meter...I've considering doing some straight bullshit and ordering one on Amazon using it then returning it...but I didnt...if anyone else has the nerve or just has an apogee can we get a comparison between photone and ppfd meter apps please???

E

EbbnFlowr

I honestly have never really looked at DLi so you got me there...I always just use ppfd

I have photone app and I have ppfd meter app...I know photone on android is in beta...ppfd meter is touted as about 98% accuracy and it reads higher max ppfd on my phone than photone...

Maybe download it and compare...I wish I really had spare money for an apogee meter...I've considering doing some straight bullshit and ordering one on Amazon using it then returning it...but I didnt...if anyone else has the nerve or just has an apogee can we get a comparison between photone and ppfd meter apps please???
I was wondering about that! I have both apps and they read differently I wasn't sure which one was more accurate Ive been using photon...guess I'll switch it up. Thank you.

Edit: well shit I was frying my plants....

Last edited:
MDK

MDK

I was wondering about that! I have both apps and they read differently I wasn't sure which one was more accurate Ive been using photon...guess I'll switch it up. Thank you.

Could be I tell you my plants like ppfd meters 300 ppfd range more than photones

But I'm on my first run with this light and that app...just what I noticed

Keep a close eye and if it don't improve while using ppfd meter try going back to photone then like if you were doing better with photone...I'm still testing but I've pretty much moved away from photone...if my grow fails I may go back to it next grow but so far so good, only thing is my selfie side camera sucks so I can only measure about 900 ppfd with ppfd meter...photone stops at like 500...

Just imagine if 900 is accurate and capping on my phone and photone says 500range that's a huge inconsistency...especially if ppfd meter ends up being 98% accurate like they claim ...then everyone using photone is getting done

E

EbbnFlowr

Could be I tell you my plants like ppfd meters 300 ppfd range more than photones

Keep a close eye and if it don't improve while using ppfd meter try going back to photone then like if you were doing better with photone...I'm still testing but I've pretty much moved away from photone...if my grow fails I may go back to it next grow but so far so good, only thing is my selfie side camera sucks so I can only measure about 900 ppfd with ppfd meter...photone stops at like 500...

Just imagine if 900 is accurate and capping on my phone and photone says 500range that's a huge inconsistency...especially if ppfd meter ends up being 98% accurate like they claim ...then everyone using photone is getting done
Bro no doubt...I just checked photon says I was at 28dli ppfd meter said I was like 38 or 40 or something which is like 450 ppfd! I was frying my plants...surprisingly the 6 night owls were flourishing lol...

• Sad
Reactions: MDK
MDK

MDK

Bro no doubt...I just checked photon says I was at 28dli ppfd meter said I was like 38 or 40 or something which is like 450 ppfd! I was frying my plants...surprisingly the 6 night owls were flourishing lol...
You said you are using co2? See I'm not too familiar with ppfd range for co2 usage I know you need more ppfd to get the benefits of the co2

E

EbbnFlowr

You said you are using co2? See I'm not too familiar with ppfd range for co2 usage I know you need more ppfd to get the benefits of the co2

Yup higher temps higher light more food etc.... I'm aware I'm just not sure how fast I should go. I know eventually I want to get close to 60 DLI...but like I said im not sure how fast im supposed to get there...

S

Stringbean

Yeah they don't want much light right now but I have to admit you got some good looking luscious plants for just starting out they filled out nicely. I didn't pay no attention in the comments or the photo periods or are they autos? I'm curious because if there are those and you train them you're going to have some monsters good job man

E

EbbnFlowr

Yeah they don't want much light right now but I have to admit you got some good looking luscious plants for just starting out they filled out nicely. I didn't pay no attention in the comments or the photo periods or are they autos? I'm curious because if there are those and you train them you're going to have some monsters good job man
Thanks man! Yeah they are autos. Your saying If they were photos Id have monsters? I topped them a couple days ago and have been leaf tucking and manually kinda just spreading them out a couple times a day. I defoliated today also for the first time I think I cut a couple things I wasn't supposed to hopefully they will be ok!

Yeah I bought a bunch of auto seeds at the beginning and regretted it after doing more research. Def going to be running photos from here on out after this. Already have some fire seeds I can't wait....

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

These are reasonable and do the job. Got mine free because they ran out of hard cases and boxed mine. 👍

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I don’t trust the app. Used it as a ballpark guess. Then got the LUX meter. It’s consistent and easy to use with the cord on the sensor. Also locks reading. No glare on the screen so I can’t see the reading or buttons.

S

Stringbean

Yeah autoflowers can be really finicky LOL. I'm running Skittles Autos right now and Dosey Doe's. I've also grew White Widow autos and I have ran Skittles Autos a couple years ago also when I was just taking the learning curve into the auto Flower World so to speak. You really got yours from seed to where they're at now looking really good man it's hard to get them that bushy. So that tells me you're on top of your game with the light height cuz that's the problem I think I have with Autos is the lighting photos seem to be more forgiving on every aspect of growing them. What you need to do now is get some twine or go on Amazon and buy LST trainers which are plastic and you bend your branches with them but if I was you I would tie down all my branches and flower heads poke a hole in your fabric pot or whatever pot you got use some twine and tie them down like an old octopus and you'll see all your buds will start going straight up you'll have a good even canopy because if you don't time down and low stress train them they grow really tall thin with not much bud. I've been using dry amendments on this run I will be going back to Advanced Nutrients line and fox farm Strawberry Fields ocean forest and Happy Frog. I've just recently purchased photo. Green crack, LSD, and chemdog from ilgm. Photos are way more forgiving and you get twice maybe three times the yield from your crop hell you can grow five photo. Plants train them and get just as much product as you would doing 15 Auto flowers needless to say I'm over autoflowers they don't produce enough THC and if you pick on them and pull on them and cut leaves off of them everyday and play with them too much they will stunt and you will end up sitting here staring at them because they do not finish in 70 for 84 days more like 120 so might as well just grow photos in my opinion of the matter. I would like to ask you what kind of a light are you running? I'm running a next light Mega and a HPS 1000 watt but I see your plants are really filled out good compacted I like that you did a hell of a good job if you wouldn't mind telling me what kind of light you're using I'd really appreciate it buddy. Also , I don't know if you know this or not but you are getting ready to go through the Autoflower stretch phase of your girl I believe and it's a good time to get them trained because if you don't do it now if you try to train them when they get into flower you'll stunt them really bad. Just FYI I've been running autos for 2 years now and I would like to say that I'm not very impressed with the THC content or the bud development or maybe I'm just not that good at it but try try again right

E

EbbnFlowr

Yeah autoflowers can be really finicky LOL. I'm running Skittles Autos right now and Dosey Doe's. I've also grew White Widow autos and I have ran Skittles Autos a couple years ago also when I was just taking the learning curve into the auto Flower World so to speak. You really got yours from seed to where they're at now looking really good man it's hard to get them that bushy. So that tells me you're on top of your game with the light height cuz that's the problem I think I have with Autos is the lighting photos seem to be more forgiving on every aspect of growing them. What you need to do now is get some twine or go on Amazon and buy LST trainers which are plastic and you bend your branches with them but if I was you I would tie down all my branches and flower heads poke a hole in your fabric pot or whatever pot you got use some twine and tie them down like an old octopus and you'll see all your buds will start going straight up you'll have a good even canopy because if you don't time down and low stress train them they grow really tall thin with not much bud. I've been using dry amendments on this run I will be going back to Advanced Nutrients line and fox farm Strawberry Fields ocean forest and Happy Frog. I've just recently purchased photo. Green crack, LSD, and chemdog from ilgm. Photos are way more forgiving and you get twice maybe three times the yield from your crop hell you can grow five photo. Plants train them and get just as much product as you would doing 15 Auto flowers needless to say I'm over autoflowers they don't produce enough THC and if you pick on them and pull on them and cut leaves off of them everyday and play with them too much they will stunt and you will end up sitting here staring at them because they do not finish in 70 for 84 days more like 120 so might as well just grow photos in my opinion of the matter. I would like to ask you what kind of a light are you running? I'm running a next light Mega and a HPS 1000 watt but I see your plants are really filled out good compacted I like that you did a hell of a good job if you wouldn't mind telling me what kind of light you're using I'd really appreciate it buddy. Also , I don't know if you know this or not but you are getting ready to go through the Autoflower stretch phase of your girl I believe and it's a good time to get them trained because if you don't do it now if you try to train them when they get into flower you'll stunt them really bad. Just FYI I've been running autos for 2 years now and I would like to say that I'm not very impressed with the THC content or the bud development or maybe I'm just not that good at it but try try again right
Thanks for the reply man! Check out my diary it has my whole set up bro! I'm in an 8x8 so I have 4 lights. 3 vs4000 400w and 1 spider farmer se5000 480w. So I already topped them...I have tie downs but i wasn't sure if I should tie them down after I topped...should I? I defoliated earlier I'll post some pics. Hopefully I didn't fuck them up too bad. Lol. Have you ever bought really good auto genetics? But yeah this is the last time I run autos for sure. I have some beleaf compound and inhouse I'm gonna run when these are done.

E

EbbnFlowr

I don’t trust the app. Used it as a ballpark guess. Then got the LUX meter. It’s consistent and easy to use with the cord on the sensor. Also locks reading. No glare on the screen so I can’t see the reading or buttons.
Thanks man! Just ordered one I appreciate it! It was def the light it's already perking up after a few hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom