First Grow ILGM and some words

• Thread starter BB22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BB22

BB22

Long time on again off again smoker. First time grower.
Northern Lights Photo
Blueberry Auto
FFOF
150 watt grow light from budgrower.
18/6 light schedule
2x2 tent
Charcoal Filter
Small fan
I’m at about four weeks in.
I’ve done a bunch of reading and have since learned that maybe a ILGM seeds were maybe not the best choice. It’s what I started with. It’s what I have. It’s what I’m going with.

Glad I found this site. Hoping to learn as much as I can.

Edited to add light schedule

First grow ilgm and some words
First grow ilgm and some words 2
sambapati

sambapati

Northern Lights Photo
Blueberry Auto
FFOF
18/6 light schedule
2x2 tent
Charcoal Filter
Small fans
I’ve done a bunch of reading and have since learned that maybe a ILGM seeds were maybe not the best choice. It’s what I started with. It’s what I have. It’s what I’m going with.

Those seeds are going to be fine for your first grow and congratulations on getting started. Welcome to the Farm and keep it keeping on. One of the neat things here is you can write all kinds of notes to yourself and put it in a grow diary and then a few grows from now -- all that noodling is still there. You will have a blast, just grow it baby

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Northern Lights Photo
Blueberry Auto
FFOF
18/6 light schedule
2x2 tent
Charcoal Filter
Small fan

Hi, welcome to the Farm. A couple of things I see that maybe you could consider for your next grow.
1 is use a smaller pot when starting in, its easier and better for their wet dry cycle and their watering needs, Transplant up as needed rather than starting in the finishing pot....

2 fill your pots up, Your girl is too low in the pot just leave maybe an inch from the lip for water, I fill mine right to the brim and as it settles I get that 1" I'm looking for.....

3 is temperature...You didn't say how warm it is might be small because of low temps?, try to get them upwards of 78f house temps aren't quite warm enough for good growth

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, welcome to the Farm. A couple of things I see that maybe you could consider for your next grow.
1 is use a smaller pot when starting in, its easier and better for their wet dry cycle and their watering needs, Transplant up as needed rather than starting in the finishing pot....

2 fill your pots up, Your girl is too low in the pot just leave maybe an inch from the lip for water, I fill mine right to the brim and as it settles I get that 1" I'm looking for.....

3 is temperature...You didn't say how warm it is might be small because of low temps?, try to get them upwards of 78f house temps aren't quite warm enough for good growth
oooops 82f....brain...eyes...hello......??? bad connection...

BB22

BB22

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere that autos are susceptible to shock if transplanted. That was the reason for the larger pot. “Start it in its forever home”.

Good call on the low dirt. I suppose I’ll just have to ride it out now.

My temps are at about 70’s F to about 85F

I think that they’re small because I had a fear of over watering and my have kept them way on the thirsty side of things.

I’m learning. Thanks again for any and all info. Will try not to make the same mistakes twice.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere that autos are susceptible to shock if transplanted. That was the reason for the larger pot. “Start it in its forever home”.

I think that they’re small because I had a fear of over watering and my have kept them way on the thirsty side of things.

I’m learning. Thanks again for any and all info. Will try not to make the same mistakes twice.
Over watering cannabis means watering too often. When you water, you want all soil to be wet when you're done. Then, don't water again until the soil is mostly dry -- the pot should be considerably lighter in weight.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Hey, Auto's don't have time to recuperate from shock, its not they don't like transplanting. If you do it gently and not rip the roots off or bang it around it won't get shocked but if you're inexperienced and clumsy with transplanting and you shock your plant then the time it takes to recover means lost grow time before it flips...so plants that can flip in 3-4 weeks don't have a week to recover without costing you big time on growth and yield.

Keep adding soil to the top as it grows so you only have the 1--- 1.5 inches at the top...don't let the leaves touch the soil when you're watering but you can always add more soil....to the bottom to build it up. As the soil settles after a few waterings I add more soil to fill it back up again to try and keep the soil level.

onTheGreenMountain

onTheGreenMountain

I've read mixed reviews on ILGM.

I bought a 5 pack of Sour Diesel Autos in 2021 and grew all 5. They all grew out to 5 nodes then flowered. 2 of them stayed short with thick buds. 3 of them stretched out with good buds but all 3 bigger ones nannered.. It was weird.. Like I got 2 seeds from batch X and 3 from batch Y and both batches weren't the best..

I was since told they don't have the best genetics on their autos. They were good prices and reliable shipping though, I'd like to use them again but now I'm skeptical..

GOOD LUCK! Those lst clips are amazing btw... I have a big pack of them and love them.

Last edited:
BB22

BB22

Hey, Auto's don't have time to recuperate from shock, its not they don't like transplanting. If you do it gently and not rip the roots off or bang it around it won't get shocked but if you're inexperienced and clumsy with transplanting and you shock your plant then the time

Keep adding soil to the top as it grows so you only have the 1--- 1.5 inches at the top...don't let the leaves touch the soil when you're watering but you can always add more soil....to the bottom to build it up. As the soil settles after a few waterings I add more soil to fill it back up again to try and keep the soil level.
Sounds like solid advice. I started adding some more soil. Thanks again.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I was trying to quote stonemason 7677. But I’m stoned and messed it up lol

I’ve never grown so much as a tomato before. If I harvest 1 OZ of decent bud I’ll be a happy camper.
Well she looks healthy, keep adding soil as she grows and let her do her thing. She'll start to fill in the pot over the next month. Being a photo you shouldn't be in too much of a hurry to flip her. Most of mine go at least 2 months before I turn them to 12/12

Top Bottom