First Grow ILGM and some words

• Thread starter BB22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Edinburg

Ilgm seeds are very expensive, I e mailed them and told them so, he wrote back they garante 100percent germanation, you can get 5+1 from Nirvana for $35 or from Crop King for $65 and if the won't pop he will send more, sounds like a scam.

D

Dr.Dave

Hi, welcome to the Farm. A couple of things I see that maybe you could consider for your next grow.
1 is use a smaller pot when starting in, its easier and better for their wet dry cycle and their watering needs, Transplant up as needed rather than starting in the finishing pot....

2 fill your pots up, Your girl is too low in the pot just leave maybe an inch from the lip for water, I fill mine right to the brim and as it settles I get that 1" I'm looking for.....

3 is temperature...You didn't say how warm it is might be small because of low temps?, try to get them upwards of 78f house temps aren't quite warm enough for good growth
Bb22: Cannabis tap roots do one thing first...they drill south as far as they can go. When they hit bottom they stop and begin rooting. IMO, you should start in the permanent pot as early as possible.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

because they branch off sideways as the tap goes down. similar to how the plant growa naturally above ground
its does this to anchor itself

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Bb22: Cannabis tap roots do one thing first...they drill south as far as they can go. When they hit bottom they stop and begin rooting. IMO, you should start in the permanent pot as early as possible.
Its better to water the whole pot and not just what you think you'll need. Keeping them in the right pot size makes watering simple, Flood, saturate let dry....Watering small plant in a 10 gallon pot that it can't support yet will not go well. Roots don't grow into dry soil and if you don't water the pot the roots won't search. I don't care if its an auto or photo I treat them the same. solo - 1 gal - 3 gal - 5 gal if I need a 5 gal...90% I keep in 3 gal....

BB22

BB22

Question about naturally occurring pollen in the outdoors. Where I live the pollen in the spring is insane. Like you need to scrape it off your windshield. Hay Fever is real thing here.

My question, is there a risk if I bring naturally occurring pollen from outside I just have it on my hands and then get in my tent? Like is that a thing I should be worried about? Thanks.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Question about naturally occurring pollen in the outdoors. Where I live the pollen in the spring is insane. Like you need to scrape it off your windshield. Hay Fever is real thing here.

My question, is there a risk if I bring naturally occurring pollen from outside I just have it on my hands and then get in my tent? Like is that a thing I should be worried about? Thanks.
wear different clothes in the grow room clothes and shoes that dont go outside if you are concerned

NotSure

NotSure

In fabric pots I don't get a main root protruding out of the bottom or root wrapping, in fact I don't see any roots when I de-bag them or transplant out of them.
I have used the plastic perforated air pots for 2 grows now. Like you, there is no distinct tap root. The roots are so fine and dense from top to bottom, side to side. To break them up for compost is like trying to rip apart a burlap sack with your bare hands.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

this isnt only fabric pots, rip them out the earth they also look like a ball rather than a clear main tap growing straight down

BB22

BB22

I flipped the Northern Lights photo on the 17 th of Feb.

I used something called California super soil. And way too much of it. I probably put like 2-1/2lbs of it in the bottom. I didn’t realize it at the time, (noob) it has all nutrients that you’re supposed to need.

I thought dirt was dirt. I’m an idiot. 🙈

92C85DA0 62BA 4DA3 AC31 D9D7BDA2A72C
Top Bottom