First Grow In 22 Years :)

• Thread starter Brewha77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brewha77

Brewha77

Hey everyone. I am new to the community but I've been prepping for this grow for a while. I have been sourcing genetics from all the right places and so I had the hard decision of deciding what to pop on my first run. I have over 100 strains in my collection so it wasn't an easy choice. I'm going with Jawa Pie from Oceangrownseeds, Hit Girl from Jinxproof Genetics, and Holy Roller by Archive Seed Bank. These are all regular seeds. I am germinating in glass jars, 6 beans of each strain per jar.

Hit Girl= Blood Wrek x9 Lb Hammer
Holy Roller= Big Sue Holy x Dosi Do
Jawa Pie= Key Lime Pie x Alien Rift

I'm super excited about these strains!

I'll be growing in a no till organic soil that I've ordered from Build a soil. I ordered 6 no till starter kits as well as some extra EWC so I know I have enough to keep me going until I can source my own base soil, and get my own worm casting set up. I'll be using the feeding system suggested by builasoil (compost teas, botanical teas, and just water) each kit comes with 15 gallon geo pot with handles 2 bags of living organic soil, 1 cf top dressing, barley straw, clover crop dressing, cytoplus, and a bag of modern microbes. If you want to know more about these ingredients check out buildasoil.com because if you ask me I'll have to look it up again. I am by no means and expert or even an experienced grower but I trust these guys after hearing them on Adam Dunn Show I had to check it out and they make it easy for a person like me trying to get the best out of my plants especially a novice grower.

The set up: I have 3 4x4 gorilla tents. The goal is for a perpetual grow system but we'll see how it goes. I'm expecting ups and downs as I know you have to go with the flow and every mistake is a learning experience. This will be fun regardless. Each tent is powered by a Sun System Diamond 630 LEC. This is two 315 lec/cmh Philip bulbs in one unit. I almost went with growers choice 630 DE but I like the spectrum and stats on the Philip's Bulbs, I'll be running 4100k in Veg and 3100 in flower. I've also got a 8x39 inch black opps filter for each tent (outside of tent) so I can run air passively from the controlled environment out side of the tents. The room is temperature and humidity controlled. I can adjust humidity in each tent layer when needed as well as temp. Also forgot to mention the 10" Gale force in line fan on adjustable switch up to 835 cfm pushing air out of the top of the tent thus pulling air passively in from the bottom of the tent. I don't need to supliment with co2 just yet but that's still up in the air right now. No pun intended ;)

Well there is my first post. Wish me luck, I have a lot more things I plan on developing down the road like a tissue culture vault :) composting and worms area, and pollen collection/breeding. But for now let's enjoy the ride.

I appreciate any advice and look forward to hearing from the community. Peace

Brewha77

Brewha77

30 hours later and I have 100% germination. I think I'll leave these in just a while longer while I prep the starter tray. I have a double t8 fluorescent light to get these babies started with. So far so good
IMG 2554

Brewha77

Brewha77

FYI,I store all my beans in tupperware in the original packaging in a refrigerator. I've heard they keep best that way. It's only been a few months in the fridge but I didn't expect 100% germ rate. I am expecting 50% male to female ratio. I won't have room for males at this time which is a shame because I hate tossing good genetics out, but I still have more of these strains in the vault. Can't wait to get started on the tissue culture kits so I never have to disregard a plant if I don't want to. Hate to get ahead of myself but at this point I can't help it. I will have to do 2 transplants this first go as I'm just getting started and I'm still awaiting my no till starter kit. I will be moving the starts to a one gallon then into the 15 gallon later. I realize this may cause some unnecessary stress but it is what it is.... until I'm totally set up.

Brewha77

Brewha77

So I've moved most of my starts into 3 gallon pots and set up tent #1. I'm running only one 315 side of my sun susyem 630 lec. So far everything is looking good. I made 24 cubic feet of no till living soil. I went with the Build A Soil recipe for the most part. Ive been super busy working to get things to this point but now I have time to finish my room up. Still have the compost kit to set up, and my 2 flower tents. I also got my tissue culture kit so that will be fun to get going. I've got a few more strains that are germinated and in starter plugs now, Foul Mouth, MTF (cherry pheno), and Hollywood pure kush x Uzbekistan. Good things are happening!

IMG 2572
Itsnotmine

Itsnotmine

Welcome to the farm sounds like you have some nice strains cant wait to see how they turn out. I would go for a little bigger tent if you want to run more then 4/6 plants but thats just me it looks like it could get a little crowed in your 4x4 lol but good luck on your grow.

Brewha77

Brewha77

Thanks for the reply! Yea this is just a starter tent right now. I plan on running 4 plants per tent. Because this is my first run I am assuming I will lose a couple plants and I will be giving away or tossing the makes because I don't have room to segregate just yet. I have a couple more 4x4 tent set ups but I haven't set them up just yet. I've been super busy. I will get one more put up tomorrow and do some organization :)

Itsnotmine

Itsnotmine

Ok sorry my bad lol. 4 sounds a good number plenty of romm to tend to your plants. I made the mistake of putting to many plants in on one of my first runs. My yeild was well down on what i was expecting on got a little mold aswell. Cant wait to see your jawa pie goes like but good luck again buddy happy farming.

Brewha77

Brewha77

Ok I got my other tent set up and re worked the exhaust system. Things aren't perfect but it will have to do. I mean my ducting has bends in it and isn't perfectly straight and I have some shelves to build and get better organized but I'm moving in the right direction I think anyways. I need to get the composter started and get some worms in there asap so I have time to make fresh castings for the transplant to flower. I just got my Radical Grow Bags in the mail so that is what I will be using whenI transplant and in the future hear on out. They are 25 gallon bags so I'm hoping to use 4 bags per tent. The one big mistake I made is when I built my room I always had my outside dimensions in my head thinking I could fit all three 4x4 tents in there when I was finished. Well what a bone head move that was. I lost a foot in wall thickness and I already had changed the room size from a 12 x12 to an 8x12 trying to keep my costs down. Well I'll have to figure it out because I want two flower areas and one veg. 4 plants per area for my perpetual grow system. Now I have an extra 4x4 tent as well as a 3x3 that might work but that's pushing it in my tight space as it is. I have some time to figure it out I guess. In the pictures you can see tent 1, tent 2, my space in between I'm using for storage for my gear and nutrients, you can see I have a 6 inch inline fan pulling from both tents. It's Pulling 412 cfm so by my calculations it's exchanging the total room volume and then some every minute. I haven't connected the 6x48 covert fans yet but I will eventually. I may have to add another one of my 6" inline fans in there to up the air movement and help cool things down. I have 4 4ft t8s x two for room lighting and you can see my starter area I'm using above the tents. It's hot and humid and the seedlings seem to love it up there. My temperature is around 79-823 degrees so it's on the hotter end but it doesn't feel hot to me in there, I need to get a temperature gun so I can check lead temperatures. Humidity is at 44% I'll have to make plans to cool it down with AC per tent as needed during flower cycles or toy with running hot and supliment Co2. I also had a bad bulb when I went to fire up my other light. I'm only running one side of the 630's. The bad bulb sucks and I reached out to the vendor I bought it from to see what's up. But it was the only other 4100 philips bulb I had so I'm using one of my 3100k in there instead. Ok there is the latest and greatest. Things are moving forward! Any advise and tips/tricks are welcome. Thanks everyone Btw 100% germinated nation on all the new sprouts! Super stoked about things to come. Peace ✌️

IMG 2594
IMG 2596
IMG 2597
IMG 2599
Brewha77

Brewha77

BTW does anyone use Joffy pots for seedlings? They are peat pots that you transplant directly into the soil. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Anyone have experience using these?

Itsnotmine

Itsnotmine

Yes i use them never had a problem with them i germ the seeds in water then in to jiffy pod things. Soon as the tap root pops out the bottom i stick it in a 1 gallon pot to veg.

Brewha77

Brewha77

Nice that is exactly how I did mine and so far I've had good luck. I wasn't sure how they work after they are transplanted tho. Thanks for the reply that makes me feel a lot better about using them!

Itsnotmine

Itsnotmine

The plant just breaks through the bottom or the pellet thing like i said iv never had any problems with them i bury mine about 2/3inch and the plants turn out fine iv started to use fabric pots and have seen a huge change i wish i started to use them earlyer

20170702 170147
Brewha77

Brewha77

I have mine in 3 gallon pots right now but I plan on using fabric pots on the next cycles. I have 7 gallon smart pots and the 25 gallon "Radical Grow Bags" . I've read that it's better to have bigger pots when using living soil to get the most out of the microbes in the soil or you have to use more compost teas and nutrients. I put some barley mulch in there today. I checked the runoff and got somewhere between 6.5 and 7 for ph. I wish I was in fabric right now but I don't want to transplant. Once I can thin out the makes and gain some room I will transplant into fabric pots. Do you think the 7 gallon pots or 25 gallon pots will be better to transplant into?

Itsnotmine

Itsnotmine

I use 5g pots just for the size of my tent but if you have the space go 4 7g pots iv seen people use 150g smart pots out doors tho lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom