First grow in 6 years. Fluence Spydr2i in rockwool

• Thread starter hamburgermidnight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Nice room ! Looks like the 6 year break didn’t slow ya down any! Lol
How many plants you got under each light ? And ya start with seed or clone ? Just curious

hamburgermidnight

hamburgermidnight

Finally
Getting the Dosatron running, I’m using a dab pumps e.sybox mini after my RO tank and before the Dosatron. I’ve had to redo the plumbing as even this giant pump could not handle the number of plants divided into two zones. It’s been a pretty massive pain in the ass. Two ants burned on the lights. I’m gonna be putting stakes on all the ones that are close or touching and pulling them to the spaces between the light bars.
Anyway here’s a photo from the 28th night.

8EC24244 83E6 4C42 B13B D51A477382B4
hamburgermidnight

hamburgermidnight

I’ve noticed the tiny leaves on lower parts of the plant have got a little
Claw going on. I feel like they’re getting everything they need and I did a solid flush of week 3 useless formula last night to dial the Dosatron watering timings in so maybe that flushed some salt buildup and they will unclaw. Also I won’t be able to change the feeding strength for 10 days as I won’t be here and I don’t trust my Helper to adjust anything. I’m wondering if I should reduce the feed by 25 percent as I won’t have time to see if that flush made any changes with the claw .
The ph is staying very solid at 5.6 and the ppms at 1020 to 1030 @500 scale. I’m using GH 3 part plus pro-tekt silica at 1ml/gallon as ph up, and drip clean at 4ml per gallon.

E5899700 F00D 43C6 87F3 C748B9A8B0D0
3553B40F DF42 4391 80C2 609A9E60502E
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Fuckin amazing.

Any particular reason why you went with led over hid?

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

Finally
Getting the Dosatron running, I’m using a dab pumps e.sybox mini after my RO tank and before the Dosatron. I’ve had to redo the plumbing as even this giant pump could not handle the number of plants divided into two zones. It’s been a pretty massive pain in the ass. Two ants burned on the lights. I’m gonna be putting stakes on all the ones that are close or touching
and pulling them to the spaces between the light bars.
Anyway here’s a photo from the 28th night.

Are you running emitters or octobubblers with the floraflex caps? Your pump should have more than enough to water all your plants if you water 1 tray at a time or even 2 trays at a time. Install seperate solenoid valves for each tray. Each watering 5 min apart from one another.

hamburgermidnight

hamburgermidnight

Are you running emitters or octobubblers with the floraflex caps? Your pump should have more than enough to water all your plants if you water 1 tray at a time or even 2 trays at a time. Install seperate solenoid valves for each tray. Each watering 5 min apart from one another.

No emitters, Running 3/4” pvc between every other row (each line feeds two rows) with top hat grommets and 1/4”open lines
I split it between 4 solenoids and it’s more than enough now.

85AE8AD3 E3FA 46E3 83B8 F661AB07FAB1
hamburgermidnight

hamburgermidnight

No emitters, Running 3/4” pvc between every other row (each line feeds two rows) with top hat grommets and 1/4”open lines
I split it between 4 solenoids and it’s more than enough now.

I can’t stand that coiled poly pipe, it’s garbage. I may have a bit of ocd but I need all the plumbing and lines to be straight 🤣

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

I can’t stand that coiled poly pipe, it’s garbage. I may have a bit of ocd but I need all the plumbing and lines to be straight 🤣
[/QUOT

Idk to much work for me. I Love that polypipe thats all i use. Along with sum woodpeckers matched with 2.5 gph netafim emitter cnl. Shit i maybe use 25 gal a watering for 150 plants in 1 gallon pot. Watering 2 times a day.
Imo Run hgv nutrients you will be more than happy with a 2 part. With maybe a good budbooster. Ph will never rise.
9C755351 C430 4EF4 BE35 8B10C3C6BE8F

Ganggreen

Ganggreen

32 days !
Hello, for my experience. I cant run my fluence spyder so close to the plant no matter what power you set them. Closer than 50cm I cant figure out which power they like it. Really tricky. Also that about leds spectrum not being wide....I par messure mines. you can open them much more they said (I am a SOG). As I said just my experience. Is this working well for you? your set up is great, looks clean and well thinked. I thought something similar but my plants and fluence love each others just in the distance.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

A Oot temp at 84 degrees
Do you mean room temp?
Unless its genetic also lowering the temperatures will help
I run co2 too but only at 1200-1300...and prefer around 77° to avoid any hot spot .....during the summer when i run it at 85 sometimes i get few foxtail where there are some hotspot of air from the dehum....
I found that the majority of litterature about C02 doesent come from bud flower growers but by random experiments mainly on vegetative growth...
IME Some genetics just dont like the heat, no matter at what speed you wana set the methabolism...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man its probably gonna be foxtailed to some degree running that close to the lights, but they dont look too bad to me at all. Weight is going to be huge! Agree the running the room a bit cooler and a little reduced intensity from the lights should help.

Considering what it looked like a few weeks ago, this is awesome to see. I was honestly predicting them growing into the lights and beyond..

hamburgermidnight

hamburgermidnight

Some of them have grown into the lights, i also had a bit of nitrogen overload, apparent in some more than others, so I actually backed the grow out completely. I would say there’s about 20 or so plants that have grown past the lights. I’m hoping to hit 30-35 grams per plant on average which will be the best I’ve ever done, I think these lights are insane I’m starting new clones on Saturday and will chop in 12-13 days or so so I have my 6 inches of space between the lights which should bring canopy temps down quite a bit. I will veg 4 less days this time. I’m also switching to 4” blocks as these seem unnecessarily large for a veg of two weeks or less and had a lot of time spent with them far too saturated for the plants to truly be happy. I’m excited to keep dialing the room in. I’m running a 24k mr cool and the room temps sits at a nice 74 it’s just that an inch below the lights is so damn hot.

hamburgermidnight

hamburgermidnight

Well I hit about 2.2 lbs per light at the end. In the end I only had them up to 80 percent I would say the average over flower is about 70 percent. I’m very happy with the results. I have to say these lights are incredible. The trolmaster is kind of junky. When I have some more money I’m going to upgrade to growlink or similar. The trolmaster is so close to being a complete product. Now they have a water content sensor and a solenoid controller. Now with the trolmaster Aqua x you can’t set it to water on certain days or anything but water every day. The absolute cheapest garbage sprinkler timers At Home Depot let you set them to run the schedule on certain days. Now I’m no programmer but I’m sure it would not take more than a days work to add this very important feature. Not all plants need to be watered every day so there really is no freedom if you have young plants you must run them manually from your phone not set a schedule. It’s absurd. Now with the water content sensor why can the system be programmed to water when you media hits a certain percentage. Say your rockwool cubes need watering when the moisture content sensor reads 7 or 8 percent. How is there not a feature that you can set the zone of the controller to water at said percentage instead of needing to do it manually through the app. I think if features like that were incorporated I wouldn’t look to another company for automation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom