first grow in coco blend from "Dakine" need advice on nuits.

• Thread starter cannagirl777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cannagirl777

Hello everyone, this will be my 1st grow using a coco blend (from Dakine) so ,it's not plain coco coir it has all sorts of things in it, but I have been used to using "super soil" or "living soil" (from Coast of Maine ) and that had fertilizers already in it (lasts approx. 30 day's then u need to amend or top dress w/ added fertilizer / nuits etc.. .) so my question is what would my feeding schedule be like since the coco blend I'll be using doesn't have fertilizer in it like the super soil did? the coco blend's ingredients are, coco, peat moss, perlite, dairy manure fiber , Bat guano, fish bone meal, kelp meal, earthworm castings, dolomite, beneficial bacteria, & bio-Minerals,in other words, when would I start giving my seedlings nuits / fertilizer, I'm using Gaia Green 2-8-4 & 4-4-4 & glacier, rock dust. .The reason I'm changing to coco blend is cause of the gnats that seem to come in the soil, I'm growing autos & the gnats didn't seem to bother the roots but they were constantly flying around everywhere & I never saw larvae in the soil either, I thought maybe it was due to autos growing faster & that there just wasn't enough time for them to lay any larva, but none the less I still want to change medium's for growing .I'm not sure when & how much to start giving them Gaia Green ,I would LUV some advice thnx everyone !!

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Hello everyone, this will be my 1st grow using a coco blend (from Dakine) so ,it's not plain coco coir it has all sorts of things in it, but I have been used to using "super soil" or "living soil" (from Coast of Maine ) and that had fertilizers already in it (lasts approx. 30 day's then u need to amend or top dress w/ added fertilizer / nuits etc.. .) so my question is what would my feeding schedule be like since the coco blend I'll be using doesn't have fertilizer in it like the super soil did? the coco blend's ingredients are, coco, peat moss, perlite, dairy manure fiber , Bat guano, fish bone meal, kelp meal, earthworm castings, dolomite, beneficial bacteria, & bio-Minerals,in other words, when would I start giving my seedlings nuits / fertilizer, I'm using Gaia Green 2-8-4 & 4-4-4 & glacier, rock dust. .The reason I'm changing to coco blend is cause of the gnats that seem to come in the soil, I'm growing autos & the gnats didn't seem to bother the roots but they were constantly flying around everywhere & I never saw larvae in the soil either, I thought maybe it was due to autos growing faster & that there just wasn't enough time for them to lay any larva, but none the less I still want to change medium's for growing .I'm not sure when & how much to start giving them Gaia Green ,I would LUV some advice thnx everyone !!
I’m not a big fan of mixing organics and coco. I suspect you will be feeding/watering more often than your use to in super soil. Coco dose not hold onto nutrients like soil so I would just watch your plants and they will tell you when they are hungry.

C

cannagirl777

I’m not a big fan of mixing organics and coco. I suspect you will be feeding/watering more often than your use to in super soil. Coco dose not hold onto nutrients like soil so I would just watch your plants and they will tell you when they are hungry.
Thnx I'm so used to the living soil as far as watering & feeding because I didn't have to start feeding until 30 days later & I watered them w/ 8 cups each ( give or take a cup )every other day .so I was just wondering when I should start w/ a feeding schedule? When they are around a week old or should I wait for 2 weeks ? I don't know if you read What's in the coco blend I'm going to use, I listed the ingredient's in my prior post is that better than just plain coco ? I don't want to kill my girls B4 I even start , I'm a bit nervous I liked how the "super soil" didn't need me to feed till 30 days Later it's just the gnats that irked me 🤨 but I've already bought 3 - 1.5 cube ft bags of DAKINE organic coco blend & a starter pack of their nuts(powdered) so I'm going to use the organic Gaia green nuts on my 1st 5 plants in the one tent w/ a mars hydro TSW 2000 light setup & then I'll use the DAKINE nuts on my other 5 plants in n my other tent & I have a hps light set up in that one ( w/ both bulbs 1 while they grow n the other bulb for flowering .) So any advice is welcomed 😎👍

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Thnx I'm so used to the living soil as far as watering & feeding because I didn't have to start feeding until 30 days later & I watered them w/ 8 cups each ( give or take a cup )every other day .so I was just wondering when I should start w/ a feeding schedule? When they are around a week old or should I wait for 2 weeks ? I don't know if you read What's in the coco blend I'm going to use, I listed the ingredient's in my prior post is that better than just plain coco ? I don't want to kill my girls B4 I even start , I'm a bit nervous I liked how the "super soil" didn't need me to feed till 30 days Later it's just the gnats that irked me 🤨 but I've already bought 3 - 1.5 cube ft bags of DAKINE organic coco blend & a starter pack of their nuts(powdered) so I'm going to use the organic Gaia green nuts on my 1st 5 plants in the one tent w/ a mars hydro TSW 2000 light setup & then I'll use the DAKINE nuts on my other 5 plants in n my other tent & I have a hps light set up in that one ( w/ both bulbs 1 while they grow n the other bulb for flowering .) So any advice is welcomed 😎👍
I’m not sure exactly when you will need to start feeding. I start feeding immediately in a coco perlite mix. I water once every 2-3 days when they just pop and slowly work up to feeding once a day then twice a day. Then at the flip to flower or somewhere in there I go up to 3 feedings a day. Can depend on your pot size as well. When I hand fed I only went up to 3 times a day with good runoff even in 3 and 5 gallon pots. I did 10 gallons once but not worth it to me, I don’t veg super long cause I do scrog.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Sounds like a pretty hot mix to me. I would think you should be fine without feeding for at least 90 days. I'd also treat it exactly like soil, and not coco. All the organic additives in it, you'll want regular wet and dry cycles.
That's just imho, which is worthless in all 50 United States, all U.S. satellites, and most foreign potentates. May have some limited value in Gelderland, but only during jousting tournaments.

Top Bottom