First grow-in veg.Tacoing & curling on top

• Thread starter Bjggrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bjggrow

Bjggrow

First time grower here with Northern lights. I nute burned when I transferred to fox farm and then healed all. All was great. Three days ago, I was about to switch to flowering and then they started tacoing. I love tacos but not this kind. I thought it was heat stress from maybe the light so we moved that up because it had been awhile. Used superthrive foliar spray for last few days. Watered with recharge. Put CO2 bag in there. Started running exhaust more often. Did mini flush with sledgehammer. It seems like more are damaged but not sure if they were already turning but also noticing the rest looks greener and healthier. The fan leaves seem to shrinking on some of them on top. I have also been increasing lights out hours each day. Throughout the last week. I originally did 24/7 until now. I have only fed them nutrients 3 times so I would be shocked if another nute burn. I have also been using cal mag when I use distilled and sometimes in the tap water. I have previously given microrizae. Not sure if I should prune again or wait to see if damage spreads more. Trying to heal quick and get flowering. They are big and I’m at week 6 of veg. Just looking for any advice to get them healed or if you might now what could be causing it. It seems so many things can be one thing or ten others.

First grow in vegtacoing  curling on top
First grow in vegtacoing  curling on top 2
First grow in vegtacoing  curling on top 3
First grow in vegtacoing  curling on top 4
First grow in vegtacoing  curling on top 5
First grow in vegtacoing  curling on top 6
First grow in vegtacoing  curling on top 7
First grow in vegtacoing  curling on top 8
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Heat stress up top, looks like a pH issue down lower.
Lower the lights by 10% and see what happens.
Don't wait for the damage to heal, it never does. Watch the new growth.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

What are you feeds? What kind of food and how often? PPM and PH? What kind of soils you in? How much water how often? What kinda temps you running?

Bjggrow

Bjggrow

I usually split 3 gallons of water between the 5. I am starting to give close to 4 gallons between them. I water ever 3 days. Temperature is usually around 70-75 and humidity has been 50-80 kind of all over the place. I am using General hydro bloom grow and micro. Their last feed was almost a week ago because they started getting sick and I’ve been trying to stop the sick from spreading more. After I burned the first time I didn’t give nutes for a couple weeks then I fed equal parts now with a third of the bottles recommendations. The last feed about a week ago I increased 321 NPK for aggressive veg stage. They are on day 53 since germinating so I know I need to get flowering. I just worry if they go into flowering sick they will die. Run off ppm has been around 300s. PH 6.2-6.6. The last feed PPM was 725-745 and ph of 6.2

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That looks like soil, I think your problem is how you water.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Bjggrow

Bjggrow

What are you feeds? What kind of food and how often? PPM and PH? What kind of soils you in? How much water how often? What kinda temps you running?
I usually split 3 gallons of water between the 5. I am starting to give close to 4 gallons between them. I water ever 3 days. Temperature is usually around 70-75 and humidity has been 50-80 kind of all over the place. I am using General hydro bloom grow and micro. Their last feed was almost a week ago because they started getting sick and I’ve been trying to stop the sick from spreading more. After I burned the first time I didn’t give nutes for a couple weeks then I fed equal parts now with a third of the bottles recommendations. The last feed about a week ago I increased 321 NPK for aggressive veg stage. They are on day 53 since germinating so I know I need to get flowering. I just worry if they go into flowering sick they will die. Run off ppm has been around 300s. PH 6.2-6.6. The last feed PPM was 725-745 and ph of 6.2

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I'm seeing phosphorus deficiency. As to why I don't know. Flushing and overfeeding? Questionable pH at the roots?

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Salt buildup is the problem in this thread. Grower used excessive amount of nutes and has not sufficiently flushed. Plants have been locked out for weeks.

What is needed is a good flush. Just ph'd water (at room temperature) and a LOT of it. 2 gallons thru each plant. Let that drain well.........empty drain trays (if in soil) every 30 min.......A real PITA but the plants depicted are salt bags.

Bjggrow

Bjggrow

Salt buildup is the problem in this thread. Grower used excessive amount of nutes and has not sufficiently flushed. Plants have been locked out for weeks.

What is needed is a good flush. Just ph'd water (at room temperature) and a LOT of it. 2 gallons thru each plant. Let that drain well.........empty drain trays (if in soil) every 30 min.......A real PITA but the plants depicted are salt bags.
Do you think it’s ok to do this flush even though I just did a mini flush a day ago? I have sledgehammer solution to use for this. Also when and how many ppm should I feed after this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom