First grow in warm arizona,Cooling options

• Thread starter VicMattice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VicMattice

VicMattice

Hi Everyone..
First grow in warm arizona weather
My set up is a 4x8x8 ,running 1 mars 600 and two 1500s,co2,some basic fans inside and one pulling out..
Tent is in my garage which is swamp cooled but still getting in the 90s in my tent already..would I be better off venting a swamp cooler into my tent or some sort of portable ac ,or a window unit vented cool air into tent with unit in the garage... Humidity isnt an issue as i do have a mister sprayer that keeps it good..They just started flowering so I want to adress this before i stunt thier growth..thank you all for reading..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I guess the best option would be to vent a/c into the tent. It might cause problems with low RH. Could you vent the cool air from the garage into the tent with a small intake fan?

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I'm in AZ and indoors I'm already barely keeping my 5x5 at 82 degrees with lights on. Going to chop in 4 weeks then take the summer off. I think direct venting some type of AC is your only option.

XxHammer

XxHammer

FinishedWithAC

I am also in Arizona. I had to just go ahead and get a Portable A/C. Saving me a lot of headache. Although I may have to put the unit INSIDE of my Tent just because of how Air Conditioners work. (Thermostat located inside the unit)

VicMattice

VicMattice

View attachment 1112739

I am also in Arizona. I had to just go ahead and get a Portable A/C. Saving me a lot of headache. Although I may have to put the unit INSIDE of my Tent just because of how Air Conditioners work. (Thermostat located inside the unit)
Nice. I actually went with a small window unit and did a step by step for anyone instrested on the beginners forum ..heres what i ended up with,so far two days of solid 76deg with 45%rh I was able to cool my tent down to 70 in the middle of the day in my garage...not that i wanted it that cold but I wanted to see boundries..

20210410 164813
XxHammer

XxHammer

That is fricking awesome!!! I want to do something with that Portable A/C now. I am pretty sure I could get it inside my Tent and still have room for 4 plants.....You have balls cutting your tent to fit around the A/C like that. I dont know that I have the balls to cut up my Tent like that.

I am lazy, can you link me to your Step-By-Step? I just want to see this. Sooo badass brother!

VicMattice

VicMattice

That is fricking awesome!!! I want to do something with that Portable A/C now. I am pretty sure I could get it inside my Tent and still have room for 4 plants.....You have balls cutting your tent to fit around the A/C like that. I dont know that I have the balls to cut up my Tent like that.

I am lazy, can you link me to your Step-By-Step? I just want to see this. Sooo badass brother!
Thanks man.. working out awesome.. heres exactly how i did it. Its easy with a window frame for the ac. Just tape it against tent and cut an x between opening, pull tent flaps inwards, tape or staple to window frame and it doubles as a seal.. its airtight..

20210410 150200
20210410 160441
20210410 160448
20210410 160514
20210410 160935
20210410 164755
20210411 004426
20210411 004414

Latest posts

Top Bottom