First Grow - Indoor - LED - FFhF Soil

• Thread starter LostInTheTranslation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LostInTheTranslation

Glad to have found this website and network of very helpful growers. So many genuine folks helping people and sharing knowledge. Started my first grow back in late Nov21 and now I’m 3-4 weeks into flowering. Been a huge learning experience and have def had my struggles due to the learning curve. Anyways here is my setup:
-Sealed Room (5ft W x 6ft L x 8ft H)
-AC Infinity Cloudline 6inch w/digital controller
-Phat Filter 6” x 20”
-12” oscillating wall fan
- ViparSpectra xs1000 - lights were set to 20”-22” at veg, 16” during flower until recently I raised them to 20” due to some fan leaf discoloration and possible lockiur
- Fox Farm Happy Frog Soil
-EZ XL Co2 bag

Nutrients/Tools etc:
- Fish Shit been using every other watering since veg
-Fox Farm Grow Big (used this one time and never used it again)
-Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (used twice so far in flower and don’t like it due to the salts)
-Fox Farm Bembe - used this twice once in week one of flower and once in the 2nd week of flower
-Botanicaee Cal-Mag+ (Just used this after flushing in the 3rd week of flower)
-FloraKleen - Used to flush in the 3rd week after noticing salt build up and what appeared to be lockout)
-General Hydroponics Ph UP and Down
-Head Masta Flowering Booster - got this as a free sample and added a low dose after flushing in the 3rd week of flower
-Milwaukee CD600 TDC pen and Milwaukee PH51 pen
-Temp gun

Watering - Been using tap water as the local water is good and let it sit for minimum of 24 hrs before using for water

Room Temps/Humidity-76F-81F during lights on with 40% humidity since switching to flower and lights off 74F- 78F and 36%-40% humidity.

Been having issues lately since the 2nd week of flowering when I noticed some fan leaf discoloration, which led me to flush as I believe the FF nutes have caused salt buildup and locked out the plant. Following the flush (florakleen and 1gallon of distilled water) in the 3rd week I did a slurry resulted in a 5.5 PH. Following the flush I let the soil dry out and watered w/fish shit 3ml, botanicare Cal/Mag + 3ml, head masta 1ml, and made sure to get a good runoff as it appeared there is as some minor salt buildup still on the bottom of the pot. Yes, I never let my plant sit in runoff water or get water on the fan leafs etc and I always PH the water. I’ve gotten mixed info on PHing water with FFarm soil but figured it was best to PH. Let me know what y’all think and FYI this was bag seed as I figured there was no reason to buy seed on my first run until I figured out my environment and learned more. Hope I haven’t screwed this up and can get to harvest. Thanks for any advice and of course If I need to provide more information I will gladly do so.

First grow   indoor   led   ffhf soil
First grow   indoor   led   ffhf soil 2
First grow   indoor   led   ffhf soil 3
First grow   indoor   led   ffhf soil 4
First grow   indoor   led   ffhf soil 5
First grow   indoor   led   ffhf soil 6
First grow   indoor   led   ffhf soil 7
First grow   indoor   led   ffhf soil 8
First grow   indoor   led   ffhf soil 9
First grow   indoor   led   ffhf soil 10
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Glad to have found this website and network of very helpful growers. So many genuine folks helping people and sharing knowledge. Started my first grow back in late Nov21 and now I’m 3-4 weeks into flowering. Been a huge learning experience and have def had my struggles due to the learning curve. Anyways here is my setup:
-Phat Filter 6” x 20”
- ViparSpectra xs1000 - lights were set to 20”-22” at veg, 16” during flower until recently I raised them to 20” due to some fan leaf discoloration and possible lockiur
-EZ XL Co2 bag

Nutrients/Tools etc:
-Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (used twice so far in flower and don’t like it due to the salts)
-Fox Farm Bembe - used this twice once in week one of flower and once in the 2nd week of flower
-FloraKleen - Used to flush in the 3rd week after noticing salt build up and what appeared to be lockout)
-Head Masta Flowering Booster - got this as a free sample and added a low dose after flushing in the 3rd week of flower
-Temp gun

Watering - Been using tap water as the local water is good and let it sit for minimum of 24 hrs before using for water

Room Temps/Humidity-76F-81F during lights on with 40% humidity since switching to flower and lights off 74F- 78F and 36%-40% humidity.

Been having issues lately since the 2nd week of flowering when I noticed some fan leaf discoloration, which led me to flush as I believe the FF nutes have caused salt buildup and locked out the plant. Following the flush (florakleen and 1gallon of distilled water) in the 3rd week I did a slurry resulted in a 5.5 PH. Following the flush I let the soil dry out and watered w/fish shit 3ml, botanicare Cal/Mag + 3ml, head masta 1ml, and made sure to get a good runoff as it appeared there is as some minor salt buildup still on the bottom of the pot. Yes, I never let my plant sit in runoff water or get water on the fan leafs etc and I always PH the water. I’ve gotten mixed info on PHing water with FFarm soil but figured it was best to PH. Let me know what y’all think and FYI this was bag seed as I figured there was no reason to buy seed on my first run until I figured out my environment and learned more. Hope I haven’t screwed this up and can get to harvest. Thanks for any advice and of course If I need to provide more information I will gladly do so.
You may want to get a light meter or an app on your phone for ppfd reading that takes all the guess work out of how far away to keep lights. Nice looking grow man welcome to the farm

visajoe1

visajoe1

no need for distilled water or calmag in soil. that will only create issues for you, just use tap water.

i dont see much of an issue, so dont work hard to find one.

let the soil dry out and feed it 1.5ec of your bloom feed, with runoff. you're doin fine

H

hawkman

-Phat Filter 6” x 20”
-EZ XL Co2 bag

Nutrients/Tools etc:
-Temp gun

very helpful post !!!!

Top Bottom