First Grow - Indoor, organic, and progress

• Thread starter Teetering
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Teetering

Teetering

Hey farmers, I wanted to share some of my progress on my first grow, both hybrid strains. I have not fully engaged in the forums as I felt I have not had anything of interest to share. Now that I am nearing the end of my first grow, I wanted to provide some pictures of what it looked like for me, and some issues I had along the way. Week 6 of flowering has just begun as of this Friday, the 29th.

I have used a super soil style recipe that only needed water. The seedlings were started in coir, then transferred to FF happy frog mixed w/ compost, then finally transferred into the final pots they are in now, 5 gallon. The recipe used bone meal, humic acid, FF happy frog, worm castings, greensand, bone mineral, kelp meal, dolomite lime, gypsum, perlite, blood meal, and epsom salts.
I had run into some issues regarding fungus gnats, but these were promptly removed via the introduction of a treatment of nematodes.
Here are some pictures of the ladies during veg.

*The picture where they are the most developed is the day that they were switched to 12/12 lighting.

First grow   indoor organic and progress
First grow   indoor organic and progress 2
First grow   indoor organic and progress 3
Teetering

Teetering

The larger one on the right had experienced some severe overwatering at the beginning of its life cycle, but somehow managed to rebound after I let it dry out for about a week. Here are some pictures of them a few weeks after flowering, up until how they are today.

The strain that is on the right side of the tent has an 8 week flowering period, and it looks to be reaching maturity by the presence of a few amber trichomes.
One thing I have noticed is there has been a lot of leaves falling off of the left two plants, which is not accompanied by any other alarming symptoms. I am assuming it is due to senescence and late stage flowering, however I feel the amount is greater than I expected.
Aside from this, they have been in rather good shape and I have only needed to figure out proper watering habits to ensure they are healthy.

**The tent is 4x4. ~200 cfm fan is running constantly. Light is an HLG 260watt Rspec, at around 20 inches from the top of the canopy. I used a 26 watt LED bulb to start the seedlings, and switched over to the Rspec once they reached a decent size.

One thing I would like to work towards is creating a journal for growing in Coir. I am likely to invest in a drip irrigation system at some point, and would like to document the process along the way. Once I am able to automate watering, I think moving towards hydroponics is an appealing route to take.

79655082 ACB0 4D7C BB47 24552D44CFE2
747D8BA6 493D 4C14 9FEB CA4E705354E5
B99869F2 12FC 45E7 859C 96FAFCBBE4A1
0D1AD07C 3BAB 4E3F B4EB CB52A8F022E7
DE5249CD 4B99 455A 9986 2FE65CA0BE0B
2529C722 C141 4FC1 B235 C6EBF3E7F970
Last edited:
Top Bottom