First grow issues?

• Thread starter boomgagem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
What’s up growers. Most of these girls progress is in another thread, but I wanted to start somewhat of a diary.

I flipped to 12/12 2 days ago. All 3 are super silver haze from crop king seeds. 70/30 coco/perlite feeding the GH flora series along with calmag plus and orca. Just recently started adding silica and humid acid.
The yellow tips concerned me, but they’re growing, and look decent to me. But I was wondering if there is anything that looks concerning?

First grow issues
First grow issues 2
First grow issues 3
First grow issues 4
First grow issues 5
First grow issues 6
First grow issues 7
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you adding silica,how much and are you adding it first
is orca a bacteria of some sort?
yes i see several issues ,twisting new growth ,inside pattern of yellowing and or fade on last pic
second to last pic look like mag issue
third to last slight nute burn/normal
first pic yellow fade starting
honestly several factors,and id almost bet money the culprit is the silica rocking your world,i dont even care for it at all and why ,you already using the net there is your strength

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
I’ll include the chart I’m going off. I’m giving half of those measurements.
Just started adding silica 4 days ago. I was watering and feeding every day. About 2 weeks ago I doubled the nutes to what that feed chart says to give, and I think that’s what caused the yellow tips, I’ve since went back to half strength.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Here’s the feed schedule I’m using, half strength.
Is there any adjustments I can make?

1DD1C7E6 045F 4AB9 A9F5 E3A0C9B76E86
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i wouldnt use that chart,also notice the base is darkened ,thats all you need the rest is junk to give you what you got,but good luck mate you should do well

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
i wouldnt use that chart,also notice the base is darkened ,thats all you need the rest is junk to give you what you got,but good luck mate you should do well
Thanks man, I can stop the other stuff. Is there a different ratio or chart you can advise?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i go by the hannah feed schedule,it doesnt break down difrent vareity of nutes it just has a ec or ppm value to use per stage of growth ,i posted it around here somewere today and folks disagree with the numbers.
ive used it many moons with great sucess ,but that just me,that chart is your nute line ,my thing is they sell nutes right,the darkened feeds are that way for reason,the rest is candy and if you dont know how or have never used it more time than not gonna jack your world,best to go by a base nute program and get some seat time then play when you got jars filled sitting in a closet were you can play

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Makes sense dude thanks. I’ll stick to just the base. I do need to add calmag plus right for the coco and RO water?

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
I’m thinking about just changing to the h3ad formula. But it sounds like so much more nutrients than what I’ve been feeding them.

Leeroy48

Leeroy48

Hi there,

I originally was trying to find a feed chart. But only you as the grower knows what your baby’s want.

I’m currently using flora series myself. Follow what’s on the back of the bottle, start at quarter and work your way up. But beware if you are growing auto’s they don’t like a lot of nutrients.

Peace and love 💔

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
8 days since flip. Been using the h3ad coco recipe for a few days and they seem to be doing a little better, the yellowing worries me. Everything worries me. I’ll be happy just to get a few decent grams to smoke.
I’ve been giving them around 650 ppm and still only getting around 180ppm runoff. Am I underfeeding?

005C1904 C100 4BDF ACB2 BECB6E424DE7
5D892D5B A5BE 4DA7 8DE4 8E298BF263E7
2B739EEF 13A6 4AF1 BAA0 A28E41BC4A83
1293FD60 1A63 4574 9475 E694D0D889A6
47B7DC1A E34D 4B9E A7F2 5F34F34A0506
21F02E69 E93A 4CF5 A09E 362F99722FB9
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
8 days since flip. Been using the h3ad coco recipe for a few days and they seem to be doing a little better, the yellowing worries me. Everything worries me. I’ll be happy just to get a few decent grams to smoke.
I’ve been giving them around 650 ppm and still only getting around 180ppm runoff. Am I underfeeding?
That means your plants are up taking almost all of the nutrients. You could increase. I’d also increase N first couple weeks of flower as this is the time they start to really stretch. Looking good.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
That means your plants are up taking almost all of the nutrients. You could increase. I’d also increase N first couple weeks of flower as this is the time they start to really stretch. Looking good.

Thanks man, that makes me feel better. I didn’t realize how stressful this was going to be. I have only been giving 1/2 tsp a gallon of calmag, I will slowly increase that the next couple of feedings

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Just a quick update. Still having some yellowing around new growth, and still some twisting of the new leaves, and one plants leaves are like multicolored, I’ve been told it’s probably genetics. But overall I think they’re looking better, healthier.

They are 2 weeks into 12/12 and I’m seeing plenty of pistil formation! Still feeding the 6ml/g micro, 9ml/g bloom, and 5ml/g calimagic.

Anything you guys recommend?

09048A5D BBF1 4B1E 8C8D FA6860202234
BC1791CC D207 4FBC B7A8 918F94F4E914
3979D41A FD77 4697 8185 B0C19FE5723A
F3EE137B 4260 4ED1 8EAE BE056C41F598
boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Hey guys, giving you all an update on my first grow. Everything looks ok so far I think, but I’m new so I may be missing something. I do have a couple of questions.
1. The growth is insane. And in the center it is so bushy and I was wondering if I needed to do some more pruning? It’s been 23 days since flip, I have been defoliating and taking off a few smaller branches that were never going to see light. They’ve always bounced back and looked 10x better, but I’m wondering if it’s too late into flower?

2. I have my lights off cycle at night, and it gets down to like 65f and mid 60’s RH, is this safe or should I try and bring humidity down at night?

thanks for all your help!

E1F2F508 B0EE 4D4F B2FA 1A4038B58B89
73FE1A31 8D88 4ECF 8F53 9B22CA9D07EB
5248EC71 5EF6 4E2E 9602 22D7779E55E6
783054E0 A900 47C2 B989 ED7FD72DF131
Anthem

Anthem

If your RH is 60 at night you should try and lower it ASAP. You are starting to get flower and bud rot likes humidity. Try and get the humidity down to 50 or 45 percent with lights out. Also I would recommend removing the lower 1/3 of growth off the plant. It will not really product anything and that is where alot of problems start. Plant should have no leaves or buds the bottom 1/3. Middle third should be fan leaves and the top 1/3 should be fan leaves and flowers. The old school method was to count down about 5 nodes and remove any buds below that mark. I tend to push that a little.
Overall looking great!!!!

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Thanks man! I’ll order a dehumidifier right now, I already got it in my cart.

So it’s ok to do some more trimming this late into bloom? I was going to earlier but wanted to be sure

Anthem

Anthem

Thanks man! I’ll order a dehumidifier right now, I already got it in my cart.

So it’s ok to do some more trimming this late into bloom? I was going to earlier but wanted to be sure
What are you looking at for a dehumidifier?
I trim up until 21 days some people go later some earlier. For some reason I do not like that part of the job. It usually takes me days to get the girls all in order. But I do not use a grid system like you have. Those are great for how simple they are to use. Just throw it up and let the plant grow thru it. It is a little bit more challenging to trim the plants and harvest but everything in the cannabis world is a trade off.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 1200 Cubic Feet (150 sq ft), Compact and Portable for High Humidity in Home, Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom, Basement, Caravan, Office, RV, Garage with Auto Shut Off https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DC5PPWM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZVv6Eb1CKR4F0

I have a 32x32x63 setup in a small spare bedroom. Planning on keeping it out of the tent and dehumidify the room.

I really get nervous trimming on the girls, and it’s super bushy in there cause I just can’t take too much lol. But yeah every grow is different and everything has pros and cons. I’m stressing out now about hermie’s LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom