**First Grow** Journal (PUDC & Sour Power) with the Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Yeah but I like to give it to them rough. Haha...well I haven’t bent the other two over yet. Everything I read was saying the sooner the better. Do you think it will kill them? Should I bend them back?
It won't kill them. But it won't help and you don't want soil and water splashing the leaves.

Dothraki

Dothraki

It won't kill them. But it won't help and you don't want soil and water splashing the leaves.
Oh, right...watering with the pump sprayer will be a pain in the ass. I’ll let the other 2 grow some more before strong arm raping them lol. I’m not even considering the runt because it’s already essentially growing flush with the ground. I might get a bowl’s worth when that one is done. Like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree...but just one little bud hangin from it.

67B0DC2C 15C4 4517 BD18 31E4DAC54A02

Dothraki

Dothraki

Also, when you're bending down make sure to tie garden wire or whatever it is you choose to use around the base of the plant heading the opposite direction so your plant doesn't get pulled out of the substrate.
Should I do that now or wait until it’s growing more

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Should I do that now or wait until it’s growing more
that be hard for you to do cuz the plants are inside the fiber pot. To be honest, i would let the dirt dry to a point that you can grab the main stem and lift it as one peace. Then fill the fiber pot with more dirt and then have the plant on top of that. You need to bring that plant out of the fiber pot if you want to train it.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Didnt realize you just put the garden wire directly into the substrate. Lol when i train i use plastic pots so I just poke holes into the sides and tie them in that way.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Didnt realize you just put the garden wire directly into the substrate. Lol when i train i use plastic pots so I just poke holes into the sides and tie them in that way.
right, but your plant is still above the pot and you bend it to tie it down. He can too tie it down to the fiber pot but at the moment he needs to figure a way to raise the dirt without barring the plant 😄

Dothraki

Dothraki

right, but your plant is still above the pot and you bend it to tie it down. He can too tie it down to the fiber pot but at the moment he needs to figure a way to raise the dirt without barring the plant 😄
I could just cut the extra fabric away

• Sad
Reactions: PK1
Krispy420

Krispy420

Be careful man, this seems like one of those things where you could be trying to give them too much love. That looks like a really aggressive bend on a plant that is barely even established yet. On top of that you don't even really have any growth that's being shaded or left behind yet so there's not much point. Also I'd recommend just getting some string and a clothespin...it's alot more versatile and less stressful.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Be careful man, this seems like one of those things where you could be trying to give them too much love. That looks like a really aggressive bend on a plant that is barely even established yet. On top of that you don't even really have any growth that's being shaded or left behind yet so there's not much point. Also I'd recommend just getting some string and a clothespin...it's alot more versatile and less stressful.
Agree! Your plant is at the right stage where you could have topped for a 4 way LST.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i wouldn't damage a fiber pot as that can be reused. Just let the dirt to dry to a point that its holding it self well and pick it up. Since the dirt is dry the roots will be holding tied. after fixing the problem you can water it till run off. Just make sure you do it in 30 min intervals so that the settlement and air gets in between

Jakecan

Jakecan

their autos not photosynthesis.

he's growing photos not autos. And p.s they're called photo periods not photosynthesis. lol
Lol so which is he growing? Auto's or Photos? I personally have never grown Autos but always 4 way LST or manifold my photos. I have tried LST without topping and then tried to spiral around the pot but wasn't a fan.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
he's growing photos not autos. And p.s they're called photo periods not photosynthesis. lol
lol, i guess i got the diaries wrong kinda running between to many diaries, but regardless my suggestion is still valid point. Its gonna get shocked regardless if it was auto or photo. The only difference is that when its dry it is easier to transplant or bring it out and fill the fiber pot. also, the sooner you do this, the sooner he can start trainings. The plant is mature enough to take a bit of shock and survive.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Photoperiods, not autos. They’ve already started pointing up again...so far they look ok. What do you guys think? Still add dirt and tie a brace pulling the other direction?

6CC7501F EDA8 4DB6 B727 EDD36CC22F20
74FB01FE C848 4F29 8311 1BC66C0A05FA

Dothraki

Dothraki

It’s actually not an aggressive bend...when they were in solo cups they starched pretty bad so there’s about 3 inches of stem underground. They bent down very easily too.

growsince79

growsince79

It’s actually not an aggressive bend...when they were in solo cups they starched pretty bad so there’s about 3 inches of stem underground. They bent down very easily too.
The top is still higher than the branches so it didn't accomplish anything except get dirt on the leaves and make it harder to water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom