**First Grow** Journal (PUDC & Sour Power) with the Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Maybe once it grows on that side, I can bend it to the other side. Get like an S type thing going on.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i would of topped it so you would get two branches to develop and then low stressed trained it to have the branches on those two main stems to grow.

Dothraki

Dothraki

i would of topped it so you would get two branches to develop and then low stressed trained it to have the branches on those two main stems to grow.
I still have 2 more to do! Maybe I’ll do that...but wait until they’re bigger lol

Jakecan

Jakecan

Topped after second set of leaves
Cookies Gelato   Cut Top

let the secondary branching grow out one big enough tie down to the sides of pot, top all four again
Cookies Gelato   Veg Week 4

let those grow out and tie down again. Then let those grow out and let em go or top again
Cookies Gelato   LST week 5 veg

I like to keep going. Now in this picture below I have topped 3 times to achieve 16 tops total.
Cookies Gelato   LST veg week 7

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
😂. It’s no time for @Dothraki to try mainlining.

Dothraki

Dothraki

😂. It’s no time for @Dothraki to try mainlining.
As far as topping or mainlining, I might top one plant. Really just want to experiment with training and find a happy medium between convenience and plant health, not stalling it too much throughout growth.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Day 22

3 weeks in. Bumping the light up helped I think. Growth is getting quicker. Maybe it helped that I turned the cool mist humidifier off too. Temps are 75-76. I’m turning the light up a tiny bit each day which also helps bring temps up.

Just got a good fertigation before the pic. Every 4 days since transplant I water until runoff, then rotate clockwise.

4A9B30B9 E3B7 402A 9EB4 99F2FEAC8E83

Jakecan

Jakecan

She'll play. Optimal for VPD at that temp would be around 55-65% in early veg (assuming your leaf temp is a bit cooler than room temp). You're pretty much on the money for late veg. What made you stop using a humidifier?

Dothraki

Dothraki

She'll play. Optimal for VPD at that temp would be around 55-65% in early veg (assuming your leaf temp is a bit cooler than room temp). You're pretty much on the money for late veg. What made you stop using a humidifier?
Well the temps were not high enough for uptake of nutrients ...based on what I understand and have been told. So I turned it off since the humidifier lowers my temps by about 5 degrees F. I think it needs to be warmer with LEDs because of this. Calcium can be lacking when using an LED and raising the temp can help with the absorption. Please correct me if I’m wrong or misunderstanding but that’s my takeaway from it...

Dothraki

Dothraki

Definitely seems to be a Cal/Mag deficiency. The Mag deficiency was/is showing on a few plants and now a Calcium deficiency is showing up on the runt. The runt‘s medium dried more than the others so I wonder if that contributed to it.

EB8EF253 7E79 40F1 887C A6F66D71DF3A

Dothraki

Dothraki

Did you add calmag or spray?
No. The Mantis folks said they wouldn’t be able to help diagnose the issue if I added anything else. So first I will check with them and maybe there’s another solution...otherwise maybe the Mantis just isn’t good with coco.

Reactions: PK1
growsince79

growsince79

No. The Mantis folks said they wouldn’t be able to help diagnose the issue if I added anything else. So first I will check with them and maybe there’s another solution...otherwise maybe the Mantis just isn’t good with coco.
So what is their diagnosis and solution?

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
nothing against Mantis, but instead of buying more bottles and spending money try to see what majority of soil users use here and get a similar product. This makes helping allot more easy. Also, try not to get a product that has more than two parts. It's just headache imo and you need to be expert enough to ensure adequate nutrient use.

Top Bottom