**First Grow** Journal (PUDC & Sour Power) with the Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Definitely seems to be a Cal/Mag deficiency. The Mag deficiency was/is showing on a few plants and now a Calcium deficiency is showing up on the runt. The runt‘s medium dried more than the others so I wonder if that contributed to it.

View attachment 1195693
you know cal/mag NPK is 2-0-0 this means it only has Nitrogen. That is not a nitrogen deficiency. Don't add anything to your schedule and just go through a run of Mantis since you have the product.
That's either a potassium or calcium deficiency i think, but i do get them wrong sometimes. How many line of products does Mantis sell?

Jakecan

Jakecan

Mantis works great in coco, i've been using it for 3 years in coco and have never had an issue. It's not always the nutrients that causes the issue but people love to blame the nutrients first. If you are giving them 5mL/L each watering then its not the nutrients that are the problem it's something else. It could be a number of things. Your plants are still very young and you've been making a lot of adjustments such as lighting, transplanting, LST and such. Give your plants some time to grow.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Mantis works great in coco, i've been using it for 3 years in coco and have never had an issue. It's not always the nutrients that causes the issue but people love to blame the nutrients first. If you are giving them 5mL/L each watering then its not the nutrients that are the problem it's something else. It could be a number of things. Your plants are still very young and you've been making a lot of adjustments such as lighting, transplanting, LST and such. Give your plants some time to grow.
i agree, don't forget that to much stress can cause it to out being a male and that means ball sacks everywhere lol!!

Dothraki

Dothraki

you know cal/mag NPK is 2-0-0 this means it only has Nitrogen. That is not a nitrogen deficiency. Don't add anything to your schedule and just go through a run of Mantis since you have the product.
That's either a potassium or calcium deficiency i think, but i do get them wrong sometimes. How many line of products does Mantis sell?
As far as I know they started as a molecular testing for sexing, phenotype screening and other tests for viruses and such. The only product they sell is Mantis nutrients and seeds under a different name “erbacious”.

I think the only thing it might be is my tap water. Might need to buy a PPM and PH meter to find out though...dang. But probably a good investment anyway.

Dothraki

Dothraki

i agree, don't forget that to much stress can cause it to out being a male and that means ball sacks everywhere lol!!
Yeah, I’m not sure what effect the changing of the light back and forth had but probably shouldn’t do that lol.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yeah, I’m not sure what effect the changing of the light back and forth had but probably shouldn’t do that lol.
light intensity, when is far the plant won't do much but when the light is closer than there is more intensity which then the plant needs more food and might run out of certain nutrients. my tent is 5 ft tall and i don't move the light, i just bring the intensity up while the plant grows towards the light. If the light is too much, 1st the leaves get tacoish "curved" then it start pulling away from the light.

growsince79

growsince79

Changing light spectrum, angle, and intensity is a good way to encourage growth. I wish they made a dimmer that randomly dimmed and brightened throughout the cycle.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Changing light spectrum, angle, and intensity is a good way to encourage growth. I wish they made a dimmer that randomly dimmed and brightened throughout the cycle.
oh really, did not know that but if you think of it the clouds do create brarior between the sun which causes light intensity change and i guess the angels is cause the world turns.
However, the space in between is a minor change, so if he is bring it too far down or raise it too much and change intensities than deficiencies hit.

I learned this the hard way when i burned all my flowers cuz i thought more light was going to get them more dense 😄

growsince79

growsince79

oh really, did not know that but if you think of it the clouds do create brarior between the sun which causes light intensity change and i guess the angels is cause the world turns.
However, the space in between is a minor change, so if he is bring it too far down or raise it too much and change intensities than deficiencies hit.

I learned this the hard way when i burned all my flowers cuz i thought more light was going to get them more dense 😄
I learned just the opposite. I used to use light movers and they worked great. Definitely improves growth. Now I'm the light mover. With young plants like this, I give them all kinds of different light and intensities. They start their day with a couple hours of florescent. Then they get hps or direct sunlight for a couple hours, then led and then back under florescent. They love it.

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I learned just the opposite. I used to use light movers and they worked great. Definitely improves growth. Now I'm the light mover. With young plants like this, I give them all kinds of different light and intensities. They start their day with a couple hours of florescent. Then they get hps or direct sunlight for a couple hours, then led and then back under florescent. They love it.
nice, love learning something new.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I think it does...but they need enough carbon dioxide to use and convert, otherwise they react negatively.
That’s awesome. I’m sure we will see programmable controllers for LEDs in the near future. Where you can set faders on timers. It’d be cool if you could have it all tied together like cut certain wavelengths while bumping humidity and lowering temps...replicating an incoming storm before the watering. Haha. Have a little dynamic rainforest in your tent.

Dothraki

Dothraki

If any issues keep happening though I think I’ll use spring water and see how that works. It’d be a few bucks a month but not too bad.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I think it does...but they need enough carbon dioxide to use and convert, otherwise they react negatively.

That’s awesome. I’m sure we will see programmable controllers for LEDs in the near future. Where you can set faders on timers. It’d be cool if you could have it all tied together like cut certain wavelengths while bumping humidity and lowering temps...replicating an incoming storm before the watering. Haha. Have a little dynamic rainforest in your tent.
i bet it already exist

growsince79

growsince79

You got me thinking now. I use 3 lights in my 2 x 4. Maybe I should put them on 3 different timers with each light turning off twice for an hour during the day.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
You got me thinking now. I use 3 lights in my 2 x 4. Maybe I should put them on 3 different timers with each light turning off twice for an hour during the day.
if you have a digital timer then you can have two cycle of six hours sun lights but you would still need to adjust the intensity. i've heard that plants grow really well during sleeping time

growsince79

growsince79

if you have a digital timer then you can have two cycle of six hours sun lights but you would still need to adjust the intensity. i've heard that plants grow really well during sleeping time
Intensity changes every time a light goes on or off.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Still want to build a contraption that uses mirrors and lenses to focus the sunlight into a tent. It’d be expensive but imagine harvesting the power of the sun, but in a controlled environment where you can make temp, humidity, everything perfect. Throw some big Amazon mosquitos in there to bump up trichome production lol.

Reactions: PK1
growsince79

growsince79

Still want to build a contraption that uses mirrors and lenses to focus the sunlight into a tent. It’d be expensive but imagine harvesting the power of the sun, but in a controlled environment where you can make temp, humidity, everything perfect. Throw some big Amazon mosquitos in there to bump up trichome production lol.
I put small plants in front of the window on sunny days- they love it.

Top Bottom