**First Grow** Journal (PUDC & Sour Power) with the Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

20 hours after up-potting. Only thing I notice is some loss of color but that seems to be an ongoing issue, not sure what it is. SE3000 is 22” high at 40%

3526631B FCF9 4A1E 83DC 05BCE39BCC22
776A4258 D935 40F6 B6A3 3FDA3C20D93E

PK1

PK1

Supporter
are you sure you are in full coco? to me it looks like a mix of coco and dirt.
Also is mantis only one buttle?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
not sure if you have already mentioned your process, but would you mind telling me how you mix,ph and feed. i need to know water perameteres before and after mix,.

Dothraki

Dothraki

not sure if you have already mentioned your process, but would you mind telling me how you mix,ph and feed
Sure... I dechlorinate tap water, shake the bottle of mantis, 5ml per liter of water and I feed slowly with a pump sprayer.

Reactions: PK1
Dothraki

Dothraki

the product says its a all in one from seed to harvest 🤣
Correct. It’s PH buffered and allows the plant to absorb what it needs when is needs it supposedly. Others that have used it had no issues.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Sure... I dechlorinate tap water, shake the bottle of mantis, 5ml per liter of water and I feed slowly with a pump sprayer.
more details! How do you dechlorinate? What is your tap water ph and ec/ppm? what is the ph /ec/ppm after mixture? how many litters do you add and what is the size of the bottle of the pump sprayer?

S

sshortguy1

I used to read Ed Rosenthal's books & grew some back in the late 80s through the 90s off & on using MH & HPS those plants looked fine right now like mine did back then, I thought this forum was for 1st-time growers, I'm here in case something I might have missed, etc, 1 thing I know about growing never rush
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Correct. It’s PH buffered and allows the plant to absorb what it needs when is needs it supposedly. Others that have used it had no issues.
i understand, but there is something missing or off hence why the deficiency.
Coco is treated like hydro. This graph shows you where the ph levels should be at for optimal nutrient levels.

Hydroponic ph range
Dothraki

Dothraki

I used to grow some back in the late 80s through the 90s off & on using MH & HPS those plants looked fine right now like mine did back then, I thought this forum was for 1st-time growers, I'm here in case something I might have missed, etc, 1 thing I know about growing never rush ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes this is my first grow. I’m just trying to identify issues before they become big problems...and it looks like color is leaving in between the veins. It’s a little easier to see in person though.

Dothraki

Dothraki

i understand, but there is something missing or off hence why the deficiency.
Coco is treated like hydro. This graph shows you where the ph levels should be at for optimal nutrient levels.
It does look like that. I reached out to the Mantis folks hoping they can offer some insight.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I would guess too much light, Especially after a transplant.
Download a lux app for your phone.
im running the same light on my seedlings, and at 40% at that height it’s 13000lux.
I’m running roughy 7000lux at the same stage.

533BA4E5 24C8 4BE9 8B22 C12C0D67C2E0
Dothraki

Dothraki

I would guess too much light, Especially after a transplant.
Download a lux app for your phone.
im running the same light on my seedlings, and at 40% at that height it’s 13000lux.
I’m running roughy 7000lux at the same stage.
Ok I raised it to 24” and lowered it to 20% power. Readings are 135 PPFD and 7500-8,000 lux. What height and percentage are you using? Does height and percentage even matter if you get the same lux reading? Like if 24” high at 20% reads the same as 40” high at 50% would it be the same for the plants?

Are you on 24/0 or 18/6 light cycle?

Last edited:
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I’m on 20/4 cycle currently. What’s important is intensity, not how close the lamp is for the most part.
What was the lux lvl before you changed it? Closer to 20k?

Latest posts

Top Bottom