**First Grow** Journal (PUDC & Sour Power) with the Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

I made a little measuring stick with inches marked and a marker for 5” and 10”. I don’t know why. But interesting to keep track of.
Photo from today 2:45pm
Subject Height Width
Sour Pour 2.6” 5”
Lemon Grass 4” 5”
PUDC #1 3” 3.5”
PUDC #2 3” 3.5”
PUDC runt 1.5” 3”

8B2E4121 66F4 4503 85F7 EEA38B6EC2C0

Dothraki

Dothraki

Lemon Grass is drooping tonight...I think I better just stick to misting the tops, holy crap lol. Tiniest bit of water and they react like I dunked them into a 5 gallon bucket then hit ‘em with a fire hose. It was only like 5ml too. Oh well, lesson learned.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Turned the light up to 50% power (from 40%)...I’m hoping to see more green tomorrow instead of pale light lime green. The only one that’s a more solid green color is the runt...and it’s closer to the light by a couple inches.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Hmmm...looks like too much water but the cup is pretty light, and dry coco on top. Left to right, PUDC#1, LG, PUDC#2

8D3474C0 1867 4470 B5A4 378182172873

growsince79

growsince79

I’ve been feeding with the Mantis nutrients. You think I should try watering until runoff instead of dribbling so they can get more nutes?
Always - probably every day but idk -I don't do coco. I thought the whole point of coco is to water it like hydro several times a day.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Always - probably every day but idk -I don't do coco. I thought the whole point of coco is to water it like hydro several times a day.
I thought so too..but when I water they just droop down. And Im only watering maybe 5-10ml or so

Dothraki

Dothraki

That don't even sound right. Could be root problems from not watering correctly. I would think those cups would hold half a cup -120ml or more. What do they weigh?
It weighs 214 grams. The cups weigh about 13 grams so around 200 grams total for coco, clay, plant and water.

Temps? Humidity? Do you have the dome on? To me it looks like cold root zone issues.
72-78F and humidity is around 40-60%, no dome. I have a cool mist humidifier on for half of the day but not misting on the plants. The humidifier lowers the temps during lights on to around 74

grnmtn

grnmtn

That seems to be a general rule with Coco.
I always buy the Mother Earth Coco Peat mix.

Dothraki

Dothraki

That seems to be a general rule with Coco.
I always buy the Mother Earth Coco Peat mix.
Maybe I’ll go grab some tomorrow and transplant these...or at least the wilted one. My local shop only carries the fine perlite not the chunky stuff...will that be good or should I order the big chunky online?

growsince79

growsince79

Maybe I should add some perlite when potting up?
read this.

grnmtn

grnmtn

I've never used the fine stuff so that I cannot comment on?

Bdogg

Bdogg

1. Add perlite to the coco. 70/30(perlite) ratio.
  2. water until run off. Make sure bottom of cups have very good drainage add extra holes if need be... to let all water drain out and not soak any water up back into it.
  3. Water every 2-3 days depending on size of plant & weight of cups. (get a feel for what it weighs with and without water- make a side cup and fill with coco and see the difference) - NEVER let it fully dry out should always be moist/saturated. ph 5.8 if you need to adjust it...can drift a bit without harm.
  4. Use very diluted nutrients(1/4) every time and always add calimag at half dose to full dose (seedling stage). Coco hoards calimag.

This is my PERSONAL guideline for seedling to early veg ONLY. I use GH trio with calimagic. Each watering gets hydrogaurd added. slf-100 (1-2 times a week).
DEFGUARD is a cheaper choice as its super concentrated as the alternative to Hydroguard.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom