**First Grow** Journal (PUDC & Sour Power) with the Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Have you tried using the fan as it was designed to do? If you set the temp @ 82 and humidity @ 60% where does it stabilize? Your plants will grow much faster if you do.
It would stabilize somewhere around 78 without the fan on. Maybe reach 80 when I bump the power up. I could try running it on a lower speed (currently on 3) but I figured the longer air displacement time would be less desirable. Although, like you said they’re small right now so maybe don’t use It up as quick. Wish there was a way for me to know how many cubic feet of air the plant uses on average per minute or hour in each stage.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I should also mention, I use 3 readings... the 2 random in the tent measure the same as each other (one on the floor and one in the pocket halfway up the tent), but the AC infinity measures 10% - 12% higher for humidity. So I assume it’s wrong since the other 2 read the same.

growsince79

growsince79

It would stabilize somewhere around 78 without the fan on. Maybe reach 80 when I bump the power up. I could try running it on a lower speed (currently on 3) but I figured the longer air displacement time would be less desirable. Although, like you said they’re small right now so maybe don’t use It up as quick. Wish there was a way for me to know how many cubic feet of air the plant uses on average per minute or hour in each stage.
The light should be hot enough to get the tent to 82. If you set the fan speed to 10 and set high limits at 82f and 60% it takes care of itself and you're dialed in. You don't want or need it on constantly.

growsince79

growsince79

I should also mention, I use 3 readings... the 2 random in the tent measure the same as each other (one on the floor and one in the pocket halfway up the tent), but the AC infinity measures 10% - 12% higher for humidity. So I assume it’s wrong since the other 2 read the same.
The fan sensor moves a lot faster than the hygrometers. I have enough fans blasting that the whole closet is pretty uniform. The censor stays on top by the fan. As soon as I open the door you see the infinity rh reading drop. The hygrometers take a lot longer to move.

Dothraki

Dothraki

The light should be hot enough to get the tent to 82. If you set the fan speed to 10 and set high limits at 82f and 60% it takes care of itself and you're dialed in. You don't want or need it on constantly.
It’s an LED and is essentially cool to the touch on 45% power. I suppose if I raised it, and cranked it up...to 75% that’d probably do it. Just gotta make sure it reads the same with Photone app. Hmm....maybe I’ll try that what’re your thoughts?

growsince79

growsince79

It’s an LED and is essentially cool to the touch on 45% power. I suppose if I raised it, and cranked it up...to 75% that’d probably do it. Just gotta make sure it reads the same with Photone app. Hmm....maybe I’ll try that what’re your thoughts?
Thank god my lights don't have a dimmer. I'd go crazy trying to dial in the distance and power and heat.

Dothraki

Dothraki

not really. It's super easy and not complicated at all. i think he is just confusing the shit out of everything
Enlighten me. If I turn the power on the light up it will raise the temp a few degrees in the tent. With the power up I’d have to raise the light further from the plants to equalize the change of light intensity to the plants. What am I confusing?

Dothraki

Dothraki

post a picture of your temps, your tent and light
Tent is a typical 3x3 Diamond Mylar canvas tent and light is 300w bar style full spec LED w IR & UV (SE3000) pic is on page 1. Thermometer from AC infinity controller hangs at leaf height towards middle of tent. Reads 73 degrees Fahrenheit and 65% Humidity. 2 separate hygrometers read 73 degrees Fahrenheit and 55% humidity.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Oh and light is on 40ish % power at 27” from tops of plants (so about 24”-27”)

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i'm sure you've done a lot of adjustments since page one. so a updated picture would give me a better idea vs trying to vision all that specs.
don't you have a heater and fans? i thought somewhere in your pages you said you are grabbing cold air from outside?

Dothraki

Dothraki

i'm sure you've done a lot of adjustments since page one. so a updated picture would give me a better idea vs trying to vision all that specs.
don't you have a heater and fans? i thought somewhere in your pages you said you are grabbing cold air from outside?
The only adjustment is light height. But yeah I can throw a pic up. I have the ability to grab fresh air but didn’t because it’s freezing right now.

Dothraki

Dothraki

That doesn't sound like much. Whats the lux? The warmer you get the faster they will grow and the more light they will need.
It reads between 10,500 and 12,500 depending on where (which plant) I’m measuring. I don’t mind if it’s a little slower but it’d be nice if they were where they should be right now....which I don’t know anyway cause it’s my first grow lol. So to me this is just the speed they grow haha.

growsince79

growsince79

It reads between 10,500 and 12,500 depending on where (which plant) I’m measuring. I don’t mind if it’s a little slower but it’d be nice if they were where they should be right now....which I don’t know anyway cause it’s my first grow lol. So to me this is just the speed they grow haha.
My plants that age get at least 20-25k. Your plants look healthy enough. Once you figure out how to use that fan the growth will shift gears. You'll need to flip pretty soon.

Dothraki

Dothraki

E32CB54F E6AA 4D03 9F58 B246DC998F16
70D91BA5 C57B 4F67 B719 61652966DCB2

Dothraki

Dothraki

My plants that age get at least 20-25k. Your plants look healthy enough. Once you figure out how to use that fan the growth will shift gears. You'll need to flip pretty soon.
I thought my plants look sorta pale green and appears to be some light bleaching on tips so I kept it a little lower power. Maybe it’s not from too much light but I thought it was...sooooo.....just turned the light to 50% hahahaha. I’ll get it one of these times lol.

47017573 1573 4174 AAF9 3E153A1ACF52

Top Bottom