**First Grow** Journal (PUDC & Sour Power) with the Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Maybe the censor is too close to the leaves. Its turning on before the tent warms up. Mine is at the top of the tent. It really shouldn't matter if you got fans.
I have the “off” speed set to 2 right now, it was at 3. That way there’s always fresh air exchange. I bet every issue here, like the magnesium and little bit of calcium issue on the other plants water leaf are both due to temps and the fact that I’m using LED. So let me work on getting the temps to 82ish and see if a few days there helps out. I think you’re right on the money with temps.

growsince79

growsince79

Maybe the censor is too close to the leaves. Its turning on before the tent warms up. Mine is at the top of the tent. It really shouldn't matter if you got fans.
I have the “off” speed set to 2 right now, it was at 3. That way there’s always fresh air exchange. I bet every issue here, like the magnesium and little bit of calcium issue on the other plants water leaf are both due to temps and the fact that I’m using LED. So let me work on getting the temps to 82ish and see if a few days there helps out. I think you’re right on the money with temps.
I didn't know you can set a off speed. I set mine to 10 and it goes up and down as needed. It doesn't need constant fresh air, just adequate co2. It's perfectly ok to have it cycle on and off.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I didn't know you can set a off speed. I set mine to 10 and it goes up and down as needed. It doesn't need constant fresh air, just adequate co2. It's perfectly ok to have it cycle on and off.
Yeah maybe I’ll change it to 1 (it was on 3), nix the humidifier, crank the light power and raise it (just did up to 50% which gives me around 14,000 lux) and maybe throw another heater in the room if that doesn’t work.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
I have my fan running at 3 all the time than i set up my temp and humidity to the range i want and let the fan do the work for you. Have my temp set to 78 and humidity 50 right now fan is running at 4 with temp of 79 and humidity of 37. Temp is high right now because furnance kicked on usally stays at 74 to 75 and humidity around 35. Higher the heat goes the humidity will drop the higher the humidity goes temp will drop. Set the controller let it do its thing. Like i have read on other forums best to use the LIFTA method. Leave it the fu@k alone !!!!

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
My tent is not dialed in exactly as i have the controller set but it is close and the plants grow well.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I have my fan running at 3 all the time than i set up my temp and humidity to the range i want and let the fan do the work for you. Have my temp set to 78 and humidity 50 right now fan is running at 4 with temp of 79 and humidity of 37. Temp is high right now because furnance kicked on usally stays at 74 to 75 and humidity around 35. Higher the heat goes the humidity will drop the higher the humidity goes temp will drop. Set the controller let it do its thing. Like i have read on other forums best to use the LIFTA method. Leave it the fu@k alone !!!!
The problem is my temps are too low. My exhaust fan will not make my tent warmer, only cooler or less humid. If I set the fan for 80F and 65% , the fan would do nothing. It would just turn off and stay off.

Guys, exhaust fans are only good for 3 things...lowering temp, lowering humidity, fresh air exchange. If my temp and RH are too low the fan is not going to help. I need to raise my temp and RH.

growsince79

growsince79

The problem is my temps are too low. My exhaust fan will not make my tent warmer, only cooler or less humid. If I set the fan for 80F and 65% , the fan would do nothing. It would just turn off and stay off.

Guys, exhaust fans are only good for 3 things...lowering temp, lowering humidity, fresh air exchange. If my temp and RH are too low the fan is not going to help. I need to raise my temp and RH.
Eventually the humidity will trigger the fan. If your room is that cold though you should get a hps. They're cheap and make quality buds.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Eventually the humidity will trigger the fan. If your room is that cold though you should get a hps. They're cheap and make quality buds.
Yeah that might be a good idea. But... first I’ll give it my all with LED. I really want the LED to work and just need to get creative to dial in temps. Only the Lemon Grass looks obviously deficient, on the magnesium side. It might be as simple as adding cal/mag which I can test on the Lemon Grass. I would mix it with the Mantis solution. I can test first by adding cal-mag to the water before adding the Mantis and make sure there’s no particulates formed. I’ll open a thread to ask the Mantis users, maybe someone here knows a good one to try.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah that might be a good idea. But... first I’ll give it my all with LED. I really want the LED to work and just need to get creative to dial in temps. Only the Lemon Grass looks obviously deficient, on the magnesium side. It might be as simple as adding cal/mag which I can test on the Lemon Grass. I would mix it with the Mantis solution. I can test first by adding cal-mag to the water before adding the Mantis and make sure there’s no particulates formed. I’ll open a thread to ask the Mantis users, maybe someone here knows a good one to try.
Spray it with epsom salt problem done.

growsince79

growsince79

Well the Sour Power is bag seed so not sure yet.

Does the water need to be PHd for foliar feeding or can I use distilled? How much epsom salt? Do you just drench the leaves before lights out?
You can use 1/2 tsp/gal tap water- no need to ph. Just a light mist - make sure to get the undersides too. Move it away from light until it drys.

Dothraki

Dothraki

You can use 1/2 tsp/gal tap water- no need to ph. Just a light mist - make sure to get the undersides too. Move it away from light until it drys.
Does it fix the already striped leaves or just new growth? Also, how long before it shows effects? Thanks!

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

I have done this, with 1 tsp in 1 gallon spring water, took about 24 hours and then I started to notice a good change in color.

Overall, your plants look good, if a little underfed. I would top dress your containers with some worm castings and 4-4-4 organic dry amendments.

65% humidity in veg is not bad at all. In fact if you boiled some water or had a humidifier outside your tent (I call it the lung room) you could crank your light a bit higher. Check out where your stats line up on the VPD chart.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I have done this, with 1 tsp in 1 gallon spring water, took about 24 hours and then I started to notice a good change in color.

Overall, your plants look good, if a little underfed. I would top dress your containers with some worm castings and 4-4-4 organic dry amendments.

65% humidity in veg is not bad at all. In fact if you boiled some water or had a humidifier outside your tent (I call it the lung room) you could crank your light a bit higher. Check out where your stats line up on the VPD chart.
It’s actually only 55% because that reading is high about 10%. I have a humidifier inside the tent...but unless I have the tent open the whole day (which gives me 78F 55% RH), it will drop to 72F with the humidifier on. Does VPD affect how much light can be used?

growsince79

growsince79

It’s actually only 55% because that reading is high about 10%. I have a humidifier inside the tent...but unless I have the tent open the whole day (which gives me 78F 55% RH), it will drop to 72F with the humidifier on. Does VPD affect how much light can be used?
Put the censor up top beside the fan and a hygrometer and see if its still 10% high.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Just a heads up run humidifer in the room the tent is in not inside tent. Just my two cents.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Cannabis will grow at a wide range in humidity just fine. In flower though high humidity can pose risks of bud rot. People grow outdoors where the humidity can range from 30-80%. It's really only a problem in flower when there is too high humidity. Some dial in everything to keep all factors optimized but unless you have a large grow you really won't have any significant gains to bother worrying about it. Just make sure that it's not too high during flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom