**First Grow** Journal (PUDC & Sour Power) with the Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

I'd cut the leaves and bottom 2 branches and the next one up on the down side of the bend.
Would that be to put the production into the top couple nodes? I notice the bottom branches are growing way faster and bigger. The upper branches aren’t really forming at all, like a begining of a branch but not even an 8th inch stem.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

After 4 weeks of veg and rotating is when I top the plants and defoliate to expose those lower bud sites.

growsince79

growsince79

Would that be to put the production into the top couple nodes? I notice the bottom branches are growing way faster and bigger. The upper branches aren’t really forming at all, like a begining of a branch but not even an 8th inch stem.
Yes and so it won't hog the whole tent. Once you get the tip lower, the branches at the top of the curve go nuts.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Yes and so it won't hog the whole tent. Once you get the tip lower, the branches at the top of the curve go nuts.
Oh ok, awesome THANKS! Got the tip lowered a bit (TWSS), and still need to cut the next branches and fan leaves, but the top branch sites are looking weird...like they aren’t going to grow. They look like duds lol.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Heyyyyyy guys! Check it out. @SpiderFarmerLED sent me an UPGRADED, BIGGER version of my light. So I’ve been using the SE3000 (remember, I was debating getting the bigger light) for this grow. My very first grow. I can’t compare this light to other types because it’s my first grow. But one thing I noticed right away was that it gave me more space in the tent. Once it was in there I didn’t feel like only the inner 4 square ft was being utilized inside the tent. Now I got all 9 woohoo! This thing (se5000) actually fits perfect in there too.

Anyway...now i‘m REALLY looking forward to flowering. F#kng Awesome thanks @SpiderFarmerLED! Now let’s see how this added UV and IR stands up to the job of giving me sticky icky buds lol. Here’s some pics...

BFE2A6E5 0111 48BD 9F6E 88F334436CD6
379A6EFD DC3A 426A B685 2B876C97B757
EAC42DAA B7B0 4187 AB30 E43309E5AEAA

And my favorite feature of this light....the ability to change power instead of changing the height of the light. Pretty sure due to how much I’ve changed the light trying to get it right lol, I would’ve lost my mind without the dimmer knob.
69F09D27 43E5 4654 8C5E 084667655AE6

Dothraki

Dothraki

So right now I have it 33” from canopy at 45% power and it’s giving me a reading of 15k-16k lux, on an ipad...with an app. Which I’m sure it s the most accurate measurement in the world 🙄 but it’s really my only reference point unless the leaves start turning white. Maybe I’ll hit up a thread to see what others are hanging and what power setting.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Oh and... @SpiderFarmerLED , since I’m sponsored now and have this light going...when I get some dank nasty sticky ass buds from my first grow you better stick me up on billboards across the world with my ugly face cheezin so hard swinging like Tarzan from gigantic cannabis trees through a tropical cannabis jungle with a 500 ft spider-farmer light hanging above me illuminating the entire jungle. That’s how this works right? I get riders and only the green skittles n shit? Lol.

growsince79

growsince79

Oh and... @SpiderFarmerLED , since I’m sponsored now and have this light going...when I get some dank nasty sticky ass buds from my first grow you better stick me up on billboards across the world with my ugly face cheezin so hard swinging like Tarzan from gigantic cannabis trees through a tropical cannabis jungle with a 500 ft spider-farmer light hanging above me illuminating the entire jungle. That’s how this works right? I get riders and only the green skittles n shit? Lol.
Seems like too much for a 3 x 3. Maybe if you can keep them short.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Seems like too much for a 3 x 3. Maybe if you can keep them short.
It’s the same clearance as the smaller one vertically. Plus, with the dimmer I can dial it back if needed. I was thinking of flipping to flower Friday. Think it’s a good time?

growsince79

growsince79

Did a foliar feed of epsom salt 1 tsp per 1 gallon of spring water, then poured the gallon of water over the affected plant. It made a mess and the plant is drooping to the floor lying in a puddle of epsom water but I’m really hoping to see it perk right up in the morning!!! Just kidding I sprayed it with a spray bottle.
Is it this one?

Dothraki

Dothraki

I brought the plant out and looked it over..,I don’t see any other issues. I’m thinking it might be where a leaf was overlapping, collected moisture, then maybe the light was hitting it and burned the leaf.

Just going to leave it for now.

Top Bottom