**First Grow** Journal (PUDC & Sour Power) with the Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

5 plants in a 3 x 3 can get crowded in a hurry. You might consider a very short veg.
For sure! I only planted 5 in case some didn’t sprout. Plus I have a bag seed in there that I might have to Paul Bunyan if it transvestites on me. Do you think it’s ok to keep all 5 until I’m able to identify a hermie or male? Or would they already be too big by then?

growsince79

growsince79

For sure! I only planted 5 in case some didn’t sprout. Plus I have a bag seed in there that I might have to Paul Bunyan if it transvestites on me. Do you think it’s ok to keep all 5 until I’m able to identify a hermie or male? Or would they already be too big by then?
If all goes well, 3-4 week veg max to fill the tent.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ok so not enough time to tell if M, F or H right? So far only 3 poked out of the medium so maybe easy choice which to keep. It’s only 50% RH under the dome according to the reptile hygrometer. I sprayed some water around the insides of the cups and dribbled some on the dome floor too but doesn’t seem to be helping much.

growsince79

growsince79

Ok so not enough time to tell if M, F or H right? So far only 3 poked out of the medium so maybe easy choice which to keep. It’s only 50% RH under the dome according to the reptile hygrometer. I sprayed some water around the insides of the cups and dribbled some on the dome floor too but doesn’t seem to be helping much.
usually 10-14 days after flip you see sex. You probably have all female. I'd probably top about day 15 and flip on 21. Or not even top just bend.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ok so not enough time to tell if M, F or H right? So far only 3 poked out of the medium so maybe easy choice which to keep. It’s only 50% RH under the dome according to a reptile hygrometer
usually 10-14 days after flip you see sex. You probably have all female. I'd probably top about day 15 and flip on 21. Or not even top just bend.
Ok awesome, thanks! Which bending or training do you like to use and got a pic of the first stage? I have some garden wire. I‘m gonna need to do it in a space saving way I suppose so was thinking of doing it sorta like a claw facing up.

growsince79

growsince79

Ok so not enough time to tell if M, F or H right? So far only 3 poked out of the medium so maybe easy choice which to keep. It’s only 50% RH under the dome according to a reptile hygrometer

Ok awesome, thanks! Which bending or training do you like to use and got a pic of the first stage? I have some garden wire. I‘m gonna need to do it in a space saving way I suppose so was thinking of doing it sorta like a claw facing up.
Landrace Colombian

Dothraki

Dothraki

Decided to drop the light down to 30” above sprouted seedling.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Do these look ok for being 3rd day under light? Any signs of less than ideal conditions? (aside from the bit of seed membrane still stuck to the one on the right)

B881637E 741C 4A2F AC4A 6D5E0191F7B0
90528EE7 7E2F 4E69 9E85 5AE0B92FD78F

Jakecan

Jakecan

Nice looking seedlings! Do you have a dome on them? If not I would add a dome to keep humidity as high as possible. Every day you can spray the dome with plain water to keep humidity up until they have grown their roots a little bit more. You can also wet the substrate with plain water just by using a misting spray bottle! I tend to feed Mantis to initially wet the substrate and then just mist with plain water until they have grown their first set of true leaves! Once that has happened then you can start to wet the media with the Mantis solution again. Saves you a bit of nutrients :) Nice work so far though! I'm excited to see you crush your first grow!

Dothraki

Dothraki

Nice looking seedlings! Do you have a dome on them? If not I would add a dome to keep humidity as high as possible. Every day you can spray the dome with plain water to keep humidity up until they have grown their roots a little bit more. You can also wet the substrate with plain water just by using a misting spray bottle! I tend to feed Mantis to initially wet the substrate and then just mist with plain water until they have grown their first set of true leaves! Once that has happened then you can start to wet the media with the Mantis solution again. Saves you a bit of nutrients :) Nice work so far though! I'm excited to see you crush your first grow!
Thanks! I do have a dome on them with a hygrometer reading only 50%. That’s with spraying some on the floor of the dome and spritzing and drizzling around the seedling.
The tent humidity is pretty low around 38-40% so I just added a tray of distilled water with a microfiber towel and placed it under one of the passive intake duct hoses.

Do the seedlings look ok? I notice the stalks are sort of white with a slight red/purple hue and they seem sorta tall while the true leaves are sooooo tiny lol. Does this look normal so far?

Jakecan

Jakecan

Thanks! I do have a dome on them with a hygrometer reading only 50%. That’s with spraying some on the floor of the dome and spritzing and drizzling around the seedling.
The tent humidity is pretty low around 38-40% so I just added a tray of distilled water with a microfiber towel and placed it under one of the passive intake duct hoses.

Do the seedlings look ok? I notice the stalks are sort of white with a slight red/purple hue and they seem sorta tall while the true leaves are sooooo tiny lol. Does this look normal so far?
They look like seedlings! Just make sure your light is at the suggested height and if you can dim the lights thats always a great option too. If you find they are stretching too much you can always add a bit more substrate to shorten them.

Dothraki

Dothraki

They look like seedlings! Just make sure your light is at the suggested height and if you can dim the lights thats always a great option too. If you find they are stretching too much you can always add a bit more substrate to shorten them.
This is what they suggest...not sure how to take it. Doesn’t mention height for seedling and has light listed for germination which I thought was just the popping of the seed?

D4F12AAD 8D29 473F 8219 F91DC29E25C7

Jakecan

Jakecan

This is what they suggest...not sure how to take it. Doesn’t mention height for seedling and has light listed for germination which I thought was just the popping of the seed?
Yea that sounds about right. I would probably do about 40% for seedlings until you repot to your final pot. 16-24" sounds about right.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Yea that sounds about right. I would probably do about 40% for seedlings until you repot to your final pot. 16-24" sounds about right.
I dropped to 26” above the highest seedling and turned the light up to 30-35% power. I doubt the power knob is very accurate so trying to play it safe and not burn em.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Dropped the light another couple inches because my seedlings look lanky and tall. 24” above the leaves now. 35% power.

I‘d like to take the dome off to get some airflow going but the tent is only 38% humidity. Dome is 64%. Still haven’t given a proper watering, only dribbles and misting.

Any suggestions?

E986F3C3 95B4 488A AA25 79353E770D9A
6DE84205 66A7 4476 AC07 86AF46431243
0422CF28 D480 4385 A11E 3CC640E6869B

Latest posts

Top Bottom