First Grow...Just a few pics to say what’s up

• Thread starter Tango02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
So Ive started an indoor grow, nothing too special I don’t guess but just wanted to share.
Vegging two Kush ET’s which are a pure CBD strain. They are under a 1000w MH but I’ve got it dialed back to 500w currently. Lights are at roughly 18 inches off plant tops. As you can see one was started well before the other.
Currently on an 18/6 light schedule with a gravity fed watering system. Have an air stone in the tank for oxygenation but not currently running any nutes at all just what supplemental fertz that came in the soilless mix.
I wasn’t sure on topping at the beginning of this so I went with a no technique scrog which seems to be working pretty decent so far.
I will be topping that younger plant once it gets another few nodes however. I have not seen any growth from the little guy in 5-6 days so something is up with her.
She has slightly curled up leaves after transplant and very slowed growth now. I was thinking maybe some cal mag would help since I don’t see any yellowing.

Anyway just wanted to say what’s up and throw out some pics. Peace out

First growjust a few pics to say whats up
First growjust a few pics to say whats up 2
First growjust a few pics to say whats up 3
First growjust a few pics to say whats up 4
First growjust a few pics to say whats up 5
First growjust a few pics to say whats up 6
First growjust a few pics to say whats up 7
First growjust a few pics to say whats up 8
Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Thanks! Any advice on getting the middle of my screen to fill in? It’s been slow going for 5 days or so now?
I’ve defoliated just a bit here and there but nothing heavy. Still no real tangible progress.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think a bit to close on the light. Maybe 30" ? Hopefully someone with hps experience can answer that. Not to late to top em. I usually top once to scrog. Then just keep tucking as they grow through tuck em under then the side shoots will start to come and tuck those. With a scrog net that size I think your not to far off from needing to flip.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Moved the light up to 24 inches, the scrog net measures 39” x 20”
I was really hoping that other plant would catch up enough to flower them together. I do have a spot I can use for just vegging tho that I’m guessing I’ll have to move her to.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
What makes you think it’s about time to flip due to the size of the scrog net? Too small a space?

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
Not to small just the plants will likely double in size width and height.
COULD even more than double. Could he put a second net up a foot or two and continue tucking if he needed to? Or would that affect it somehow?

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Oh hell lol yea I’d guess you are right then. About time to flip.
I’m thinking about topping that other plant today and putting it in a separate veg area to let it finish vegging.
Do you think it’s a good idea to top a plant that has shown very slow growth since being transplanted to a bigger pot? Nothing has changed and the growth went from very good to very slow.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
The smaller plant, I’ll call her plant 2. Still has slightly curled up leaves. The other one looks great, no curled leaves no yellowing any where. Still producing new growth. I’m thinking of trying a little more defoliation to help with the middle of the scrog on plant 1

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The smaller plant, I’ll call her plant 2. Still has slightly curled up leaves. The other one looks great, no curled leaves no yellowing any where. Still producing new growth. I’m thinking of trying a little more defoliation to help with the middle of the scrog on plant 1
I wouldn't defoliate an already stressed plant. If they are light stressed they can stunt. Lots of light is good but too much. I grow under LED but under a 1000w MH I think it's to close for that light cycle but again I grow under LED. Maybe someone can chime in on the light distance for MH

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
The light is only running at 50% so it’s only putting out 500 watts.
Yea that was my concern also about topping plant 2.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Plant one isn’t light stressed from what I can tell, that’s the one I was thinking to defoliate

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
So I’ve decided to move plant 2 out from under neath the MH light and put her under a 100w LED.

I’ve been thinking and after repotting her she was moved quite a bit closer to the light justdue to the pot she’s in being taller.
Growth stopped pretty much at that point.
Gotta be light stressing right? Nothing else has changed.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
So lots of room in the screen now, think I should move plant 1 to the middle of the scrog and veg a little longer?
2597D2F5 36A7 45F1 87C0 14EC6046CAC3

A3AB4006 1C3D 4519 8E6C 9B366FE59F61
Top Bottom