• Start date
  • Tagged users None
mashy

mashy

All four Blueberry plants chopped and hanging. My drying room is looking good 😁

IMG20210415153544

mashy

mashy

Alright, the end of my first harvest and just want to shout out to everyone that offered assistance and encouragement through my first grow 👍. @One drop, @Poekie, @elduderito, @_VLAD_ and everyone else thanks heaps. Managed to get most of my crop through a wet autumn and without PM or budrot doing too much damage. Have a drying room full of hanging buds and am set up for a good year without having to rely on dealers. Will make a big difference to my PTSD, my bank balance and my family 🙏

elduderito

elduderito

great job dude! I don't think I've been able to avoid PM or bud-rot when growing outdoors... my climate gets cold and wet mid September ... I think the best counter-measure for wet weather is genetic selection... either an earlier finisher and/or something with resistance to wet/cold conditions...

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Alright, the end of my first harvest and just want to shout out to everyone that offered assistance and encouragement through my first grow 👍. @One drop, @Poekie, @elduderito, @_VLAD_ and everyone else thanks heaps. Managed to get most of my crop through a wet autumn and without PM or budrot doing too much damage. Have a drying room full of hanging buds and am set up for a good year without having to rely on dealers. Will make a big difference to my PTSD, my bank balance and my family 🙏
Very welcome @mashy
Glad to see you have a full drying room !
Yep works great for PTSD, nothing better than homegrown medicine !
Wish you well mate.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Hahahha thats exactly why I bought all my stuff and started up, dealing with idiots to get the reefer/and my bank account. Totally agree, glad youre good to go now!

mashy

mashy

great job dude! I don't think I've been able to avoid PM or bud-rot when growing outdoors... my climate gets cold and wet mid September ... I think the best counter-measure for wet weather is genetic selection... either an earlier finisher and/or something with resistance to wet/cold conditions...
Yeah, I kept PM away completely but lost 10-15% with budrot. Dried the plants completely undercover after they got soaked then kept them completely dry until harvest. Big dick around, had to cover every night from dew. With my climate I need better resistance in my genetics. I have a thread about whether to keep plants dry, so will discuss my results there for anyone interested. Will put some dried photos, yields and smoke reports when the buds are ready

mashy

mashy

Hey @_VLAD_ finally got all my Blueberry buds dry and trimmed so I here are my yields:

BB1, 75L pot (the big purple girl)
- 448g

BB2, 75L pot
- 320g

BB3, 75L pot
- 353g

BB4, 45L pot
- 220g

Total Blueberry yield from 4 plants of 1.347kg.

mashy

mashy

I will post a full smoke report later, but I smoked my first proper buds last night with lots of finger and scissor hash. About an hour of feeling very relaxed and happy then amazing sleep - best I've had since Afghanistan.
The buds are very different than I am used too - so much flavour and I think their effects are longer lasting but not sure 🤔.
Smell is of overripe blueberries and fuel with some spice and earthiness. Funky but very nice. Taste is sweet berries and spicy, with a hint of fuel. The spice is quite strong and I'm hoping that it mellows as the buds cure.

mashy

mashy

Oh, and the main reason that the number 1 yield was much higher than the other plants was resistance to budrot. After drying and trimming plants 2-4 lost about 20% yield due to rot, whereas plant 1 only had a few rotten buds, less than 5%

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Wow no telling what you would have gotten if the bud rot didnt screw you over. Thats awesome, I could only dream to yield that

mashy

mashy

Wow no telling what you would have gotten if the bud rot didnt screw you over. Thats awesome, I could only dream to yield that
Thanks man, I'm still really happy with the results but it would have been great without budrot. Got a clone of the plant with the best resistance vegging under lights. Planning on cloning her for my outdoor plants next year which might help with rot. ☮️✌️

elduderito

elduderito

My guesstimate of 500g's wasn't too far off -- maybe you'll hit it next season! enjoy the fruits of your labor

mashy

mashy

My guesstimate of 500g's wasn't too far off -- maybe you'll hit it next season! enjoy the fruits of your labor
Definitely - without my budrot mistakes would have been over 500g for at least one plant. Also it was very evident that the biggest factor for yield (aside from rot problems) was pot size - unsurprisingly. Thanks for the push to try some bigger pots 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom