First grow - outdoors Blueberry and Gelat OG

• Thread starter mashy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mashy

mashy

Having a red hot go Cobba nice grow indeed . Od .
I like to do things right, and I have been giving them lots of love. I also understand that I have a decent knowledge of growing plants for fruit and veg, but no experience at all with growing buds. With all the work to date it is nice to know some people with experience have my back. Trying to minimise the beginner mistakes!

mashy

mashy

Those look amazing, im interested to see where this goes
Thanks @_VLAD_ I have a few different set ups with pot size and scrog screens. Will post some comparison posts in the future and hopefully be able to compare yields at the end 🤞

mashy

mashy

Hi all,

Coming up to my last day of transition to bloom nutes and wanted to post some updates. Plants have still been stretching, and buds are coming along.

Here is one of my bigger Blueberry plants. Stretched heaps in the last 10 days so I have put a before and after from comparison. Same plant two weeks apart.

IMG 20210128 214137
IMG20210213100218

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Thanks. Happy with progress to date, but honestly I'm still a little nervous about making it through unscathed. Mother nature can be a fickle mistress.
Especially outdoors! Best of luck

mashy

mashy

Hey all,

I have noticed that one of my Gelat OG plants has just started clawing. It is 3-4 weeks into flower and I'm using Cyco nutes as per their soil feed chart, 100% strength with weekly rainwater flush. Also using fortnightly wormjuice and add a small amount of molasses (1ml per litre) to each feed.

I'm thinking that it is the start of nutrient burn and I just need to back off a bit? Any advice would be appreciated. BTW all the other plants are fine, no signs of clawing or tip burn.
Have a great day ☀️🌴

IMG20210225091133
IMG20210225091146
IMG20210225091305

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Whoa, I wasn't expecting that much. I read somewhere that a beginner can reasonably expect 100g per plant so I planted 7. If I end up with anywhere near 500g per plant I will be cross eyed for a month after harvest 🤪
"I read somewhere that a beginner can reasonably expect 100g per plant so I planted 7." Best line I've read and made me lol.

Your going to be cross eyed for a good 2 to 3 months if you keep doing what you're doing.

mashy

mashy

"I read somewhere that a beginner can reasonably expect 100g per plant so I planted 7." Best line I've read and made me lol.

Your going to be cross eyed for a good 2 to 3 months if you keep doing what you're doing.
Wasn't meant to be funny at the time but reading it back, it made me giggle. Glad you got a laugh. There was some method in there - I estimated 2 grams per day for the year, hoping that I could cure and freeze the buds to make them last. But in hindsight, if I am looking at a few hundred grams per plant 🤞, 7 plants may have been a little silly.

mashy

mashy

Well the girls are in week five of flowering and all is still well. Feeding Cyco nutes at 100% to the Blueberry, 75% strength to the Gelat OG. Looks like some good colas coming on, but buds are still small. Also getting a bit frosty which is nice.

IMG20210305140131

mashy

mashy

Some new pics at the end of week 5 flower. Trichomes are starting to build but still quite a way to go.

IMG20210309142916
IMG20210309142858

mashy

mashy

Well, I'm coming to the end of week six flowering. There has been some heavy rain and humidity but managed to keep most of the plants pretty dry. Been inspecting for PM but no signs as yet 🤞. Removed some leaves and small branches from the centre of the plant at the start of the week so hopefully that helps - thanks for the advice @Poekie. Found and removed 2 small clusters of white eggs but no caterpillars. Everything progressing well I think, here are some pics of my biggest Blueberry girl. Hope you enjoy 😊
IMG20210315145109
IMG20210315145041
IMG20210315145438
IMG20210315145253

mashy

mashy

Some of the pistils started turning brown this week so I wanted to have a good look at the trichomes. I know it's still early but this is all new to me so gotta get learning. Had a look through my jewelers loupe and I think there are some cloudy trichomes but mostly clear. Bloody tricky to get a good look at them while still on the plant so I cut a small bud. These are the best pics I could get, so I will keep practicing. Am I right saying the trichomes are mostly clear?

IMG 20210315 161926
IMG 20210315 161748
IMG 20210315 161612
IMG 20210315 161338

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Some of the pistils started turning brown this week so I wanted to have a good look at the trichomes. I know it's still early but this is all new to me so gotta get learning. Had a look through my jewelers loupe and I think there are some cloudy trichomes but mostly clear. Bloody tricky to get a good look at them while still on the plant so I cut a small bud. These are the best pics I could get, so I will keep practicing. Am I right saying the trichomes are mostly clear?

View attachment 1102533View attachment 1102534View attachment 1102535View attachment 1102536
Hi there, all is looking good !!
The pistils turning brown is because of the rain.
Better to keep watching trichomes with a loupe.
You still have some weeks to go.

When the buds start getting bigger and denser, the next thing to watch out for is budrot.
Keep inspecting the buds and you will be fine, you just dont want heavy rain to shower on big buds that are close to be finished.
Your plants look healthy and strong, i think they will have enough resistance, although that also depends on the genetics, some varieties are extremely resistant to anything nature throws at them.

Good luck out there !

mashy

mashy

So I made it through a recent patch of bad weather without too much damage. Kept six plants dry, however they didn't get any direct sun for two days. Not sure how this will affect them?

The last plant I left out in the rain and it suffered from a few broken branches and got soaked. So I decided to harvest half of the plant today. I know it's way too early but I'm hoping to get something that I can use. I use medicinally and it costs me too much, so I was hoping this could get me through until the other plants ripen.

Well here is the Blueberry girl after a big chop and some more staking. I was planning on flushing her with water for 10 days then cutting the rest.

IMG20210325141048
IMG20210325163340

IMG20210325141139
WaiWai.Pounamu

WaiWai.Pounamu

Hi everyone,

First time grower and new member. I'm late to join the party (my plants will start flowering soon🤞) but I have been watching from the shadows for some time.

I have 5 Blueberry and 2 Gelat OG grown from feminised seeds from Seedsman. Growing outdoors in pots, 60% potting mix 40% perlite. Up to this point I have only used kelp and fish emulsions, and a fortnightly drink of worm juice.

Here are some pics of one of my Blueberry girls. I don't have any from early on because I wasn't keeping a diary, but I've finally started. I think she is going well but it's my first grow, so I wouldn't know for sure. View attachment 1080298View attachment 1080300
Looking good, glad to see someone growing in soil.
I too am growing blueberries, ang 1 gelat og for the first time
Nearly ready for harvest.
The blueberry have dense small nuggets and the gelat og is looking good, but just hoping the buds fill out a little more as they are a little fluffy..
I used a product for the first time in the first called BioPower Seaweed Flake is a pure seaweed bio stimulant extracted from fresh Ascophyllum nodosum, for use on ornamentals, fruit, vegetables and turf to enhance plant growth, improve yields and crop quality.
And it certainly did work a treat.
The gelat has turned very purple and grows like a Xmas tree, and the blueberry has been a breeze to grow.
I look forward to seeing them in late flower.
IMG20210322194031
IMG20210322194144
IMG20210322194208

Top Bottom