First grow - outdoors Blueberry and Gelat OG

• Thread starter mashy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mashy

mashy

Looking good, glad to see someone growing in soil.
I too am growing blueberries, ang 1 gelat og for the first time
Nearly ready for harvest.
The blueberry have dense small nuggets and the gelat og is looking good, but just hoping the buds fill out a little more as they are a little fluffy..
I used a product for the first time in the first called BioPower Seaweed Flake is a pure seaweed bio stimulant extracted from fresh Ascophyllum nodosum, for use on ornamentals, fruit, vegetables and turf to enhance plant growth, improve yields and crop quality.
And it certainly did work a treat.
The gelat has turned very purple and grows like a Xmas tree, and the blueberry has been a breeze to grow.
I look forward to seeing them in late flower.
View attachment 1106407View attachment 1106408View attachment 1106409
Looking good. Nice to find someone else who is growing the same plants. I'm happy with how they are progressing but the buds haven't filled out yet. I'm hoping that it starts soon 🤞

WaiWai.Pounamu

WaiWai.Pounamu

50 litt
Hi elduderito, thanks for the advice.

The pot is about 50 litres but looking at the photo it looks smaller. I last transplanted about 9 weeks ago. I suspect I need to take a trip to the garden store this week and get some big ass pots.
Hi elduderito, thanks for the advice.

The pot is about 50 litres but looking at the photo it looks smaller. I last transplanted about 9 weeks ago. I suspect I need to take a trip to the garden store this week and get some big ass pots.
50lt is plenty big enough, any bigger and I gets to awkward to move them

mashy

mashy

they're looking great dude!
Thanks, had some shitty weather but I think I have got through pretty good. Forecast is great for the next week so hopefully they will start ripening. Thanks for the tips about bigger pots, the plants that I upsized definitely had a growth spurt. It will be interesting to compare yields at the end

mancorn

mancorn

Tell the wife that you need a small tractor to move em around so you don’t hurt yourself. She might relent and let you plant in the ground next time.

mashy

mashy

BUDROT!

Hey everyone,

I'm a bit down today as I have been fighting a bud rot problem 😓 We have had a shit of a run of weather, plus my tarp got shredded by the wind so I kind of expected it - you called it @Poekie 😉.

So, two days ago I inspected and found 4 buds with budrot, yesterday I found 22 buds, and today nine. I removed all areas of rot with a lot of the surrounding material. I'm inspecting twice daily and removing as I find it. Forecast is for great weather so I am planning to push ahead and see if I can ripen the majority of buds - please let me know if I'm kidding myself.

The plants still look healthy overall and I think it will only be a few weeks until harvest. I will post some new photos soon.

mashy

mashy

On the plus side, I used the buds that I removed due to rot to make bubble hash. First time and pretty happy with what I got. Here is a pic after freezing - will grate and dry it tomorrow 😁

Also a shout out to everyone who has offered me assistance and made me feel welcome - I'm a bit baked and had a few wines so it seemed the appropriate time to say 🤟❤️

IMG 20210331 233822

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
BUDROT!

Hey everyone,

I'm a bit down today as I have been fighting a bud rot problem 😓 We have had a shit of a run of weather, plus my tarp got shredded by the wind so I kind of expected it - you called it @Poekie 😉.

So, two days ago I inspected and found 4 buds with budrot, yesterday I found 22 buds, and today nine. I removed all areas of rot with a lot of the surrounding material. I'm inspecting twice daily and removing as I find it. Forecast is for great weather so I am planning to push ahead and see if I can ripen the majority of buds - please let me know if I'm kidding myself.

The plants still look healthy overall and I think it will only be a few weeks until harvest. I will post some new photos soon.
Yep, i warned you for that as when the buds get bigger and it rains for real they are very susceptible for fungus.

I had lovely plants in the past in Holland up to september, then the cold, mist and rain came and the plants completely rotted away before they were useable.

Very sad and frustrating.

If you can get genetics that are more resistant, either the strain or a phenotype, i would advice that for your future grows.

Keep checking and cleaning the buds, when the weather gets better you will still get a seriously enjoyable harvest.

Dont smoke any weed with fungus on it, but i am sure you are clever enough to know that.

Your Pic made it to the final of POTM, congrats !

Good luck mate.

mashy

mashy

Yep, i warned you for that as when the buds get bigger and it rains for real they are very susceptible for fungus.

I had lovely plants in the past in Holland up to september, then the cold, mist and rain came and the plants completely rotted away before they were useable.

Very sad and frustrating.

If you can get genetics that are more resistant, either the strain or a phenotype, i would advice that for your future grows.

Keep checking and cleaning the buds, when the weather gets better you will still get a seriously enjoyable harvest.

Dont smoke any weed with fungus on it, but i am sure you are clever enough to know that.

Your Pic made it to the final of POTM, congrats !

Good luck mate.

Thanks, my chin is up again and moving on.

Some good news - only 1 rotting bud this morning so I think the warm dry weather has helped arrest it. Gonna keep them growing while the weather holds.

Also good news - my plant that has turned purple has bigger colas but has not had a single bud rot - all other plants have had multiple rot sites. Might have stumbled across a resistant pheno? I got a cutting of her under a CFL right now 🙂

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Thanks, my chin is up again and moving on.

Some good news - only 1 rotting bud this morning so I think the warm dry weather has helped arrest it. Gonna keep them growing while the weather holds.

Also good news - my plant that has turned purple has bigger colas but has not had a single bud rot - all other plants have had multiple rot sites. Might have stumbled across a resistant pheno? I got a cutting of her under a CFL right now 🙂
Yes sure looks like you got a resistant pheno.
Take good care of the cutting, maybe little by little you can make your own collection of resistant phenos.
Try to keep them as motherplants, should save you a lot of work and worries.
Good luck

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
These look great!! I grew outdoors like a decade ago and now I’m starting my legal medical indoor grow. I wanna see where this goes!!

mashy

mashy

Hi @ImpulsiveGrower and thanks. You won't have too long to wait, I'm really hoping they are ready in the next few weeks.

mashy

mashy

Here are some pics from today of the big purple girl. She's looking good, apart from two small bits of budrot I found this morning.

IMG 20210402 150614
IMG20210402110048
IMG20210402143805

mashy

mashy

The big girl is gone 😥
At least I still have a clone for next spring.

IMG20210415111458
IMG 20210415 123844

Top Bottom