First Grow Plant Issues. What Could it be?

• Thread starter GreenMtnHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenMtnHigh

Here’s the rundown-

8 week old ILGM skittles, FFOF in 7 gallon air pots under two TS-1000 set at 50% power at about 36” in a 5x5 tent. Ph’d municipal tap water at 5.5. I did give a dose of FF Big Bloom with the last watering. 1/2 dose of cal mag with each watering. I am almost certain that I have not overwatered. I tend to be conservative with the water. Soil consistently tests at a Ph of 6.0.
This morning I noticed darker leaves, with odd tips and a sheen on the leaves that looks like gasoline in a parking lot. Should I let it do it’s thing? I’m stumped and I don’t want to go adding all kinds of shit and making it worse! Thanks in advance!

First grow plant issues what could it be
First grow plant issues what could it be 2
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Looking like slight N toxicity. You're right to be cautious about "adding a bunch of stuff" when most of the time that's what causes the original issue

It'll probably grow into it

G

GreenMtnHigh

Looking like slight N toxicity. You're right to be cautious about "adding a bunch of stuff" when most of the time that's what causes the original issue

It'll probably grow into it
Thanks very much for the reply! The plant actually looking a little better this afternoon. I’m just going to let it ride for a couple of days!

G

GreenMtnHigh

B8F2289B 23AF 4E2D BDA8 C6A0339E0301

It turned out to be lockout of some sort. I flushed each plant with growtek Final Flush and held off on water and Nutes for a week. I watered for the first time 48 hours ago with a light dose of FF Tiger Bloom and Recharge soil conditioner. They are looking awesome and was finally able to switch to flower today. I’m 2 weeks behind schedule. I now know the errors of my ways and learned a lot. I have certainly learned that I don’t want to use bottle nutes or FFOF for my next grow. Right now I’m leaning towards Coast of Maine platinum growers mix in 7 gallon pots and top dressing with the COM fertilizer just before flower.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Your plants look good, but your pH numbers look low, could cause issues. When growing in soil, you don't need to worry about pH as much. The soil should be buffered and will regulate its own pH. Adding pH up/down to soil just builds up salts that have to be flushed later, in my opinion.

G

GreenMtnHigh

Your plants look good, but your pH numbers look low, could cause issues. When growing in soil, you don't need to worry about pH as much. The soil should be buffered and will regulate its own pH. Adding pH up/down to soil just builds up salts that have to be flushed later, in my opinion.
I agree that it

G

GreenMtnHigh

It usually takes most a very long time to see the path to the light...if they see it at all 🤣 glad to see you've found the path on your own.
Are there any super soil info sources that you can recommend?

Latest posts

Top Bottom