First grow, possibly overwatered female 2 week old seedling, or too much nitrogen in soil

• Thread starter neuromorphic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
neuromorphic

neuromorphic

Hey all. These are photo's (mazar). They are just under 2 weeks old since germinating. The soil is miracle grow potting mix. I am using a 225 measured from wall HLG 225 Elite LED. Up until 2 days ago the plants would have their leaves pointing upwards towards the light and looked generally healthy. I was only using a small amount of water like just dripping it on the soil with my hand, probably only 25 to 50 ml at a time once every couple days. I thought that maybe they could use more water, so I decided about 5 days ago to give them 1/2 cup of water each. The PH of the water is 7.1. I watered another 1/2 cup 2 days ago, then they started appearing more and more sickly and droopy. I am assuming the issue is overwatering and have backed off now. The humidity dropped the last few days outside to around 30% (abnormally low for where I live and won't be back up for a couple more days). The temperature is about 74 by the plants. The light is about 28" above the plants.

The leaves appear to have possibly gotten too dark green? The photo where they are smaller is right before I started giving them the extra water. I put the other plant by them to try to help raise the humidity along. Thanks for any advice.

First grow possibly overwatered female 2 week old seedling or too much nitrogen in soil
First grow possibly overwatered female 2 week old seedling or too much nitrogen in soil 2
First grow possibly overwatered female 2 week old seedling or too much nitrogen in soil 3
growsince79

growsince79

Let the soil dry out only water once a week when the cups feel light like they need water also raise that light 4 feet above those tiny plants, small plants like that only need a 24 watt two foot T5.
Agree and I will add- when they recover in a couple days, transplant to bigger pot with 30% perlite added to your soil. That should solve both the overwatering and excess N problem.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there I just wanna share a little tip with you that works for me because they are at a very sensitive stage of their lives you must measure your feeds. I use a measured tablespoon to feed them and only 3 of them at this stage every other or third day depending on the weight of your pots it’s so important. Just trying to help you out bud!

D59BB6B7 F7B2 4182 B39D D250C3B4BF85
8B920AD3 189B 4DCC 9B3D 88B393F24BB5
Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Nitrogen toxicity for sure. Looked identical to my plants before I transplanted out of the hot soil. And stopped feeding. I now play watering and feeding by when it shows signs. Not by what I think it wants. Also letting soil dry out before watering is crucial. I've even waited for a tad bit of droop on the leaves just to be sure.

This pic was apr 29th
20200429 230857

This is today
20200510 130634

Top Bottom