**First Grow** (PUDC, Sour Power) Pt.2- Spider Farmer SE5000 Journal

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Krispy420

Krispy420

Damn, she is stretching indeed. I like your name of the kraken 👍 well suited. Hope it's super dank 4 u. And I'm curious how's the other one doing? You decided to keep it right? Sorry if I missed a update it's hard to keep up with all the alerts on here sometimes when you're watching a few threads. I know you said it quit throwing sacks but I'm wondering if it's got any female flowers yet/ how it's growing.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Damn, she is stretching indeed. I like your name of the kraken 👍 well suited. Hope it's super dank 4 u. And I'm curious how's the other one doing? You decided to keep it right? Sorry if I missed a update it's hard to keep up with all the alerts on here sometimes when you're watching a few threads. I know you said it quit throwing sacks but I'm wondering if it's got any female flowers yet/ how it's growing.
Yeah it seems to be doing great (the herm). Taking up less water since moving to another tent though. Probably because it’s a few degrees cooler and even lower humidity, around 30%. But so far no balls have grown back. Definitely growing flowers still. It was starting to flower when I found the balls. I’ll throw a pick up. It looks like a shrub you’d plant along the perimeter of your property, the ones that after a couple years are like 7 ft tall like a privacy fence lol. I left it in its natural state without training or topping....just a big bush. I’ll throw a pic up here in just a minute.

Dothraki

Dothraki

And I'm curious how's the other one doing? You decided to keep it right?
Here’s the PUDC Hermie. Seems to be all female now...fingers crossed. This one smells like weed you would get from Willy Wonka. Like if he was a breeder and had Oompa Loompas tending to the plants, feeding them slurries of candy, soda and fruity iced creams as fertilizers. I’ve never smelled anything like it....better than Skittlez. It doesn’t smell like weed, it smells like a frosting filled pineapple vanilla donut dipped in sugar and covered with tropical fruit flavored pastry icing.

024D5EC8 F107 4A1D 87CC F1C27CE7A05D

CA037705 7511 4DF4 97D5 B81203B563CF
BEC3C91A 1F46 480D 82D4 0E4DB8541CEC
B02E2A91 653F 40CA 9DE6 D5D9F9C5B84F

Krispy420

Krispy420

Here’s the PUDC Hermie. Seems to be all female now...fingers crossed. This one smells like weed you would get from Willy Wonka. Like if he was a breeder and had Oompa Loompas tending to the plants, feeding them slurries of candy, soda and fruity iced creams as fertilizers. I’ve never smelled anything like it....better than Skittlez. It doesn’t smell like weed, it smells like a frosting filled pineapple vanilla donut dipped in sugar and covered with tropical fruit flavored pastry icing
😂 hahah that is legendary.

It looks fine to be but I don't have the most keen eye and can't see in them nodes. Definitely solid growth and healthy looking plant though. Looking forward to see what they do 👍 rock n' roll

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Here’s the PUDC Hermie. Seems to be all female now...fingers crossed. This one smells like weed you would get from Willy Wonka. Like if he was a breeder and had Oompa Loompas tending to the plants, feeding them slurries of candy, soda and fruity iced creams as fertilizers. I’ve never smelled anything like it....better than Skittlez. It doesn’t smell like weed, it smells like a frosting filled pineapple vanilla donut dipped in sugar and covered with tropical fruit flavored pastry icing.

View attachment 1206072
View attachment 1206073View attachment 1206074View attachment 1206075
Bro she is absolutely gorgeous!! All natural too nice 🤘

Dothraki

Dothraki

Looks all female to me. You sure you can tell a “ball” from a calyx?🤦
Nice looking plant regardless. 👌
I removed all the balls. There is one branch that has 1 of these (in pic) on 2 or 3 buds...looks more like a calyx but still different and no pistils coming out, but also a little furry so i don’t know. Maybe just random growth?

B6F5F751 FFFD 4D58 B36D 1301A62D80F8

Dothraki

Dothraki

😂 hahah that is legendary.

It looks fine to be but I don't have the most keen eye and can't see in them nodes. Definitely solid growth and healthy looking plant though. Looking forward to see what they do 👍 rock n' roll
Haha thanks buddy

Yeah it’s so hard to get good pics in one dimension...here’s the main stalk not sure if you can see it well enough..
4FB9C827 65D9 4465 BC06 342916EF1A65

and here’s a random branch. Not as close together as the main one. But it seems strong enough to support a good amount.
5EDFEA48 3B01 46F1 A358 2BE3E7348E04

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I removed all the balls. There is one branch that has 1 of these (in pic) on 2 or 3 buds...looks more like a calyx but still different and no pistils coming out, but also a little furry so i don’t know. Maybe just random growth?

View attachment 1206335
Not a calyx. You can't see them on cannabis plants. It's a bract.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Not a calyx. You can't see them on cannabis plants. It's a bract.
Well you can’t see balls on a human only the scrotum but you still say “hey man your balls are hanging out” not “hey man your scrotum is hanging out”.

Anyway, with no pistils growing out of that...what appears to be a bract...it’s something I’m keeping my eye on since it has only appeared to be on a couple flower, and looks different than the bracts with pistils on the rest of the plant.

Solarscar

Solarscar

Well you can’t see balls on a human only the scrotum but you still say “hey man your balls are hanging out” not “hey man your scrotum is hanging out”.

Anyway, with no pistils growing out of that...what appears to be a bract...it’s something I’m keeping my eye on since it has only appeared to be on a couple flower, and looks different than the bracts with pistils on the rest of the plant.
It kinda looks like a super small leaf? Are you feeding it any PGR’s?

Neuro

Neuro

Since you took that so well, I hesitate to tell you that what you're probably referring to as "pistils" are actually stigma. Bad analogy too. You can see a scrotum. You can't see a calyx on a cannabis plant. You may think it pedantic, but I certainly don't want my junk(in its entirety),referred to as my scrotum. If we're going to grow it we can at least use the proper terms.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Since you took that so well, I hesitate to tell you that what you're probably referring to as "pistils" are actually stigma. Bad analogy too. You can see a scrotum. You can't see a calyx on a cannabis plant. You may think it pedantic, but I certainly don't want my junk(in its entirety),referred to as my scrotum. If we're going to grow it we can at least use the proper terms.
Well here’s the way I see it. Language is created to translate thoughts into sounds so others can understand what you are trying to convey. Since it is widely known and accepted as a calyx and a pistil in the world of cannabis lingo...the language served its purpose. If I was writing a thesis on cannabis for college that’d be one thing. Since only female bracts produce stigma and pistils and calyx is only present with females...they all indicate the same exact thing. So if you see stigma, that means there are pistils, calyx etc. it’s female parts. So next time you say “hey you wanna smoke some bud?” Maybe someone will pop in and say “well aaaactually it’s an herbaceous flower of cannabis sativa genus in the Cannabaceae family”.

Also, male sex organs are not “junk”, they are called the penis, testicles and scrotum. So don’t be a hypocrite.

Dothraki

Dothraki

So back on track... @Neuro do you have any contribution of input on what that piece of growth might be? It’s only present on a few bud sites on one branch.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Are you still only feeding Mantis
Yes...but for my setup Mantis isn’t the best. Not sure if it’s my tap water though but I have rust spots and other things showing up. I gave cal mag a couple times but not in a while.

Krispy420

Krispy420

Hey man, really gonna nitpick stigma vs pistil? Talk about splitting hairs (pun intended). Since you took his comment so well, weren't you just plucking as you put it "balls" off your plants like a week ago and then decided they were just "calyx's" after the fact? And now all of a sudden your the authority on all terminology and genitalia cannabis related? How does that work? Let's just not get lost in the minutia and enjoy the show ey?

Neuro

Neuro

Hey man, really gonna nitpick stigma vs pistil? Talk about splitting hairs (pun intended). Since you took his comment so well, weren't you just plucking as you put it "balls" off your plants like a week ago and then decided they were just "calyx's" after the fact? And now all of a sudden your the authority on all terminology and genitalia cannabis related? How does that work? Let's just not get lost in the minutia and enjoy the show ey?
Trying to better myself and teach others at the same time is a crime? Asshats like you are what ignore is for. Bye.

Neuro

Neuro

Well here’s the way I see it. Language is created to translate thoughts into sounds so others can understand what you are trying to convey. Since it is widely known and accepted as a calyx and a pistil in the world of cannabis lingo...the language served its purpose. If I was writing a thesis on cannabis for college that’d be one thing. Since only female bracts produce stigma and pistils and calyx is only present with females...they all indicate the same exact thing. So if you see stigma, that means there are pistils, calyx etc. it’s female parts. So next time you say “hey you wanna smoke some bud?” Maybe someone will pop in and say “well aaaactually it’s an herbaceous flower of cannabis sativa genus in the Cannabaceae family”.

Also, male sex organs are not “junk”, they are called the penis, testicles and scrotum. So don’t be a hypocrite.
Hey. I have a PhD in Behavioral Neuroscience. Nomenclature is important in my field. Just an opinion. Why not learn and use it correctly instead of giving someone who's giving you information that you're obviously unaware of a hard time by being all snarky. Personally, I don't really give a crap about you or your grow beyond trying to improve the field as a whole. As others have pointed out and as I've made abundantly clear in my grow thread and other places, I am far from an expert. You seem like a nice guy, but for Christ's sake stop yammering on and expecting people to hold your hand and baby you through your first grow. Most of the crap you keep on agonizing over is easily covered, numerous times by a simple search. Probably shouldn't post when I've been drinking but that's just brutal honesty for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom