First grow ready for harvest?

• Thread starter Manigaga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Manigaga

Manigaga

Hello, first time grower and poster. Is this ready for harvest? Trichomes look milky white and some brown pistils but it still seems very leafy. Just unsure of myself here

northern lights af
First sprouted in early March so I’m about 13 weeks in

thanks for your input!
First grow ready for harvest 2

First grow ready for harvest

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

She looks nice, but based on those pix I suspect she could go a couple more weeks. Can you post a couple of full plant images?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

When you start seeing amber trichs on calyxes, it's ready.

As far as leafyness goes, it is what it is. It won't get less leafy at maturity

Manigaga

Manigaga

Thanks for your reply guys... here is the full plant. I think I screwed up early on by not training so it’s all over the place at the bottom but the top looks pretty good I think.
27EEA2C6 53D5 42A9 B9DF F25EDC1879E7

822FF5D8 8A23 4FCB ADD6 F6A363EB1B45
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Hey now, you did not "screw up" - this is a learning experience 🙂 Your plant is alive and has matured to an impressive height. I'll offer the newbie guess that maybe she is either getting not enough light, or not enough food, resulting in smaller flowers. I'm sticking with my guess that she would benefit from a few more weeks. What light are you using, and what are you feeding her?

Manigaga

Manigaga

Hey now, you did not "screw up" - this is a learning experience 🙂 Your plant is alive and has matured to an impressive height. I'll offer the newbie guess that maybe she is either getting not enough light, or not enough food, resulting in smaller flowers. I'm sticking with my guess that she would benefit from a few more weeks. What light are you using, and what are you feeding her?
I’ve been experimenting with the fox farm grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom but don’t really know which to use or when... As far as light I’ve got a smallish led panel on top and one of the 4 extended arm LEDs on the sides. I’m guessing it’s a food issue. You think I should keep feeding or am I close enough to harvest to flush? And which one of the bottles should I be using at this point? Thanks again for your help!

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I’ve been experimenting with the fox farm grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom but don’t really know which to use or when... As far as light I’ve got a smallish led panel on top and one of the 4 extended arm LEDs on the sides. I’m guessing it’s a food issue. You think I should keep feeding or am I close enough to harvest to flush? And which one of the bottles should I be using at this point? Thanks again for your help!
I wish I knew enough to offer confident advice on that. Here's my not-so-confident guess:

Assuming your light is something like this:
and NOT something flimsy like this:

You can grow a decent sized crop under the first light, but I don't imagine you would get much from the second light.

I have no experience with those products, and am not sure what to expect this late in flower, but in the absence of some real expert advice, I would just double your nutrient strength and give them a week or two. If they seem to be responding well, I would probably give them several more weeks to see how they fill out. It's not uncommon for some plants to have 12-14 week flower period, you may be doing just fine and need more time.
https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Certified-Reflector-V300-Spectrum/dp/B01B4GQ6MO
https://www.amazon.com/Lights-Spectrum-Indoor-Succulents-Seedling/dp/B07FKF6BT4

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

BTW, my guess is based on comparison of my current grow vs. my previous grow - both cloned from the same plant. The first grow was hydro and while I was happy with the results, it felt like there was a lot of room for improvement. This time I am growing in dirt and feeding per the manufacturer (General Hydroponics) recommended schedule + CalMag. The flower development I am seeing at week 2 in dirt is significantly more advanced than what I had in hydro at week 2.

I had my suspicions that I was underfeeding my hydro plants, but I had various struggles due to having 2 black thumbs, so I was just happy to enjoy a completed healthy harvest. Seeing the growth this time around has me strongly suspecting that I didn't feed the first crop nearly enough. Or something. 😆

Manigaga

Manigaga

Cool, I’m gonna just keep feeding and assume I have another 3 or 4 weeks left. Thanks for your help

Top Bottom