First grow seperating at the node

• Thread starter Skeggox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skeggox

Skeggox

What is causing the left side to do this? I have 2 like this and one has came off.
First grow seperating at the node

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Not sure what the problem is here? It just looks like it got topped and is growing into 2 separate branches

Skeggox

Skeggox

Its not very sturdy, you can move it and see it seperating from the bottom of the stem. It also has a very light discoloration near the node compared to the right. One plant was the same way and it came off very easy. Could I have stressed it too much? If you zoom in on the pic you can see where starting to seperate

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Ok I see it now. Did you try to bend it down at a point? I've had branches snap on me like that before, or it could be a bug of some sort. Sorry man someone else will have to chime in on this. The only way that's happened to me in the past is I went bend happy

Skeggox

Skeggox

That may be my issue. And I wonder if I topped too early because both plants is having this issue. I did start low stress training asap and this is my first go at it. I may not have been as careful as I thought. I appreciate it

Skeggox

Skeggox

Ok I see it now. Did you try to bend it down at a point? I've had branches snap on me like that before, or it could be a bug of some sort. Sorry man someone else will have to chime in on this. The only way that's happened to me in the past is I went bend happy
"When topping, leave a little part of the old stem above the topping point. I know this may be hard for those who want to make everything completely even and neat. But leaving a little extra stem will help prevent your “elbows” from splitting until they have thickened." I found the reason for the issue I had.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It just got pulled on too hard. Wrap it with a pipe cleaner to hold it in place till it heals.

Ponky

Ponky

Ignore it. Don't worry about plant stress. You can abuse them and they're just fine. Sometimes when my plants getting too tall i just bend the stalks over to reduce height. If they break it doesn't matter.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
If it's bothering you, rip it off, then you'll have 3. 😆

That said, stems can take a beating, and sometimes keep on going....

IMG 20210529 1502301631
Skeggox

Skeggox

Ignore it. Don't worry about plant stress. You can abuse them and they're just fine. Sometimes when my plants getting too tall i just bend the stalks over to reduce height. If they break it doesn't matter.
It happened to my male that is no longer with us. It did break off very easy. I was looking shit up and just happen to come across the info. But yea the next branch down did take over and became just as thick as the remaining top branch before I got rid of it.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
didn't read 90% of the thread, but saw the pic of a branch totally severed and reminded me of a study that indicated we only need about 10% of our spinal cord to remain intact for full functionality of limbs. plants the same. if there is enough room for transport of fluids they'll be fine. hence, scars.

Top Bottom