First Grow, Setup, Nutrients, Etc.

• Thread starter N4M
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N4M

N4M

Hello Farmers, I am new here and this will be my first grow.

Setup:
VIVOSUN 4X4X8 Tent
VIVOSUN 4" 203 CFM Carbon Filter
Mars TSW-2000 Light

I have one Genesis 6" fan

VIVOSUN Digital Hygrometer Indoor Outdoor Thermometer Humidity Monitor with Touchscreen LCD Backlight, Temperature Gauge Meter 200ft/60m Range Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometer

I am interested in doing a DWC setup. I am thinking about a RDWC. One plant, 2 5gal buckets.

I am not sure how many plants I will be able to grow under my setup.

For the soil:
Grodan Rockwool 1.5"
Mother Earth Hydroton Clay Pebbles

Nutrients
Fox Farm (Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Cha-Ching)
FloraMicro, FloraBloom, FloraGrow
Cal-Mag Plus

Questions:
For the nutrients, do I use just fox farm or just the Flora? Or both?
How many plants would I be able to grow under a TSW-2000 inside a 4x4?

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Hello and welcome to the Farm! ✌ 😎

You'll get different feedback from various folks, of course, and if you don't find the answer you're looking for, try searching through the past posts - there's a wealth of knowledge in old posts here. Hard to find what you're after sometimes though.

I'm pretty new myself, but my experience so far has been:
  • Don't overwater the sprouts.
  • Don't overwater the sprouts!!!
  • Get a pH meter and use it EVERY DAY
  • Get an EC/PPM meter and use it EVERY DAY
  • Use anti-fungal water treatments.
  • Don't be afraid to ask questions.
  • Read a bunch.
  • Read about VPD and determine your target Temperature/Humidity ranges.
Most importantly, though: Have fun!!!

N4M

N4M

Here is an update.

Last night I started germinating maybe 8 random seeds from the stuff my girl had. I do have some fem autos on standby.

I went out and bought a 4 bucket system and some supplies, and waiting on PH/PPM meters from amazon arriving tomorrow. I do not have clay pebbles yet.

I have decided to mount the LED's resisters on the wall, or anywhere outside the tent just for power management and ease of access.

Tent
Light
Carbon
Fan
Sup
Buckets
N4M

N4M

So I am going to grow these auto fems
Dark Devil
Skywalker Ghost
Purple Haze
Banana Sativa

Germination process, am I doing it right? The Skywalker Ghost seed was opening like its going to start sprouting so I went ahead and put it in the root riot.

I have my TSW-2000 at 24"

Do I start using the light now? 12/12?

20200915 062833
20200915 063340
20200915 063547
20200915 063554
20200915 063600
20200915 063606
20200915 062647
N4M

N4M

Also, with the light on I have 87.4°F and 57% humidity at the moment, dropped from 64% with the light off.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I left mine under a few normal household 6K LED lights until they sprouted about an inch out of the plug. No timer, just 24/7 with high humidity. Not sure if that was optimal, but it worked perfectly up until I overwatered one of my sprouts and sent it into a fit.

Once they have sprouted up, light timing should be 18/6 (on/off). Temperature down to low 70s, with humidity in the high 60s if possible. Move them closer to the light, aim for 5000 lx range. (Use a free app for your smartphone).

A word from someone who has suffered at the hands of auto-flower seeds: Don't touch the damn things any more than you absolutely must. The plug should be moist when adding the seeds, but do not keep watering it afterward. If the sprout hasn't emerged after 2-3 days, you could carefully add a few drops, but literally no more. My limited experience is that they are very fragile when young.

You're off to a great start, good work and good luck!! 😎

Reactions: N4M
N4M

N4M

Thank you. I have a dehumidifier but I will have to purchase a humidifier I'm thinking. I'm not sure what to do about the heat yet. I went ahead and turned the light off because I'll be heading to work 4 30 pm - 5 am and don't want to dry out the root riot.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Make sure you use a healthy dose of anti-fungal in your water with that heat it could foul quickly, I suspect. They make water chillers, but they aren't cheap. On a budget you can freeze several water bottles and cycle them through the res daily to keep the temp down.

N4M

N4M

The dark devil seed came up. Is this ok orrr?
Also the other two have not come up yet, did I put them too far down?

The one with the seed is smooth, the one sprouted is fuzzy.

20200917 145937
20200917 145942
Last edited:
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Yeah, that's fine. The husk will drop off as it sprouts more. Give the others time, it's a slow process.

N4M

N4M

So I am really concerned about the temp/humidity. Lights on for maybe 2 hours, 84 / 58%. I can't keep the light on and keep the humidity up and the temp down. I have the carbon exhaust off and two fans pointing directly at the LED hoping to stabilize it but that won't happen. My room's humidity without a dehumidifier gets into the 80%'s easily. The heat is killing the humidity or is it the light? I can't get an AC unit at the moment. I guess I thought the light wouldn't be that hot.

Any suggestions? I really don't think a humidifier is the solution, it'd be on all day long and run the water out while I'm at work for sure.

N4M

N4M

Yeah when I unzip the door and slide it over the temps do drop a little but the humidity is gone I shut the light off again

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello Farmers, I am new here and this will be my first grow.

Setup:
VIVOSUN 4X4X8 Tent
VIVOSUN 4" 203 CFM Carbon Filter
Mars TSW-2000 Light

I have one Genesis 6" fan

VIVOSUN Digital Hygrometer Indoor Outdoor Thermometer Humidity Monitor with Touchscreen LCD Backlight, Temperature Gauge Meter 200ft/60m Range Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometer

I am interested in doing a DWC setup. I am thinking about a RDWC. One plant, 2 5gal buckets.

I am not sure how many plants I will be able to grow under my setup.

For the soil:
Grodan Rockwool 1.5"
Mother Earth Hydroton Clay Pebbles

Nutrients
Fox Farm (Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Cha-Ching)
FloraMicro, FloraBloom, FloraGrow
Cal-Mag Plus

Questions:
For the nutrients, do I use just fox farm or just the Flora? Or both?
How many plants would I be able to grow under a TSW-2000 inside a 4x4?

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Do you have your carbon filter hooked up yet? If not recommended it, that will help take a lot of that heat out

Ps. Nice calico! I've got one too
20200828 113907

• Love
Reactions: N4M
N4M

N4M

Do you have your carbon filter hooked up yet? If not recommended it, that will help take a lot of that heat out

Ps. Nice calico! I've got one too
View attachment 1032335
I have it set in the tent but the exhaust from the fan to the tent part did not come with a clamp, I'll go get one and run the wire through.

Thanks, I love this cat.

I found this for $10 new on Facebook and I'm going to pick it up around noon.

Received 666647464123825
Received 419802448885179
N4M

N4M

alright so the humidifier is working well and 10 bucks for this model was a deal for sure

turn on
76.8 / 65% 1:10 pm 1/4 notch
78.4 / 64% 1:17 pm
79.2 / 65% 1:20 pm, 1/2 notch
81.1 / 68% 1:30 pm
83.1 / 70% 1:48 pm

Latest posts

Top Bottom