First Grow - Should I defoliate some of these fan leaves?

• Thread starter HappyGrow420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HappyGrow420

HappyGrow420

I've read multiple articles saying that I should defoliated and also a bunch of articles saying that I shouldn't. What do you all think that I should do? They're midway through week 3 of flowering.

Grow Tent:
Mars Hydro Grow Tent 3′ 3" x 3' 3" x 5′ 9″

Light:
Mars Hydro TSW2000

Ventilation:
Exhaust (Vents outside the house): 6" AC Infinity carbon filter & fan
Intake (Draws air from inside the house for, hopefully, more CO2 and to control humidity): 3 Passive air vents covered with activated carbon filter material to prevent light leaks & one 4" duct fan w/ variable speed that turns on or off based on desired temperature and humidity also pulls air in through a carbon filter. I use two separate ink bird controllers for this.

Humidity Control:
One small humidifier inside the tent that's turned on or off by an ink bird controller and a very large dehumidifier with humidity level settings outside of my grow tent to keep humidity in my room at a level good for the plants.

Growing Medium:
70/30 Coco/perlite

Nutrients & Feed Chart:
1615906107367.png

This is a custom feed chart that I made based off a few other grow charts.

Feeding:
I use an auto irrigation and drainage system to automatically feed/water my plants. I am using the fertigation technique so they're watered 5 times a day with the first watering at lights on.

I keep my nutrient solution in a 15 gallon reservoir that has an 8" disk bubbler in the middle along with two stirring fans (This is where my pumps draw the nutrient solution from).

I also only use RO filtered water to fill my reservoir and mix the nutrients.

I clean the reservoir once every other week to prevent mold, algae, etc.

Lastly the water temperature is kept between at 65 degrees Fahrenheit and kept sealed shut to prevent light from getting in the tank.

Strain:
Sour cookies

Pictures:

1615906835549.png

1615906852998.png

Don't hate on me too much. This is my very first grow!

Thanks!

First grow   should i defoliate some of these fan leaves 2
HappyGrow420

HappyGrow420

Thanks guys! Just wanted to be sure. I’m super anal about all the aspects of my plants so just wanted to ask some people with more experience.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You prune to get branches in light, on indica strains with short internodel spaceing sometimes you prune if leaf tucking wont work or lst ing, it generally wont bother the plant much but some strains are finicky, your plant looks nice but if you want more light penatration takeing off a few sets should not bother plant to much.

HappyGrow420

HappyGrow420

You prune to get branches in light, on indica strains with short internodel spaceing sometimes you prune if leaf tucking wont work or lst ing, it generally wont bother the plant much but some strains are finicky, your plant looks nice but if you want more light penatration takeing off a few sets should not bother plant to much.
This is the answer for I’ve been looking for! Answers my question & explains why. Thanks!

Madmax

Madmax

Sounds like you wanted to cut them off anyway despite guys saying not to....trim away mate...

HappyGrow420

HappyGrow420

Sounds like you wanted to cut them off anyway despite guys saying not to....trim away mate...
Well, I’m not trimming them off. Decided to leave them after everyone’s comments before his. Where you all just said “no” and didn’t explain why. He said “no & here’s why”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom