First grow, should I start flushing?

• Thread starter jay1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jay1234

jay1234

was hoping to get some help with my first grow. blue dream on day 47 of flower, expected flower time of 8-10 weeks..Think I should start flushing?

20211126 165934
20211127 190857
20211127 190854
jay1234

jay1234

Thanks again AK! getting a bit excited, started seeing some amber trichomes and didnt know how quickly the rest will change.

20211128 193522
20211128 193423
jay1234

jay1234

Great information! Let you know how it turns out. You think I should go 9 weeks with my Zkittlez? flower time is 8-9.

20211120 105904
AKgrow

AKgrow

The key is not to get impatient, look for the signs instead of going by breeder recommendations. The white hairs will darken all over and the calyces will swell up to swallow the hairs. Then I start looking for ripening trichomes. The buds won't be evenly ripe all over the plant, so you can harvest as they ripen or do the whole plant when the tops are well done. Time seems to slow down as you get close to harvest day, the last two weeks take forever. Patience is rewarded.

Growinginil

Growinginil

Hi. Well ak was spot on! Couple of more weeks. Watch the buds form as the hairs curl and darken to at least 70%. I’m not much of a believer about flushing though. I have done both many times and can’t tell the difference. White ash and very smooth. I conclude that the drying and curing process is the essential element for clean taste and “white ash”

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Great information! Let you know how it turns out. You think I should go 9 weeks with my Zkittlez? flower time is 8-9.
Forget the flowering times reported by the breeder. They are literally NEVER CORRECT when starting from seed. Always add a week or two when starting from seed. They (reported flowering times) are more realistic when starting from a clone.

jay1234

jay1234

The key is not to get impatient, look for the signs instead of going by breeder recommendations. The white hairs will darken all over and the calyces will swell up to swallow the hairs. Then I start looking for ripening trichomes. The buds won't be evenly ripe all over the plant, so you can harvest as they ripen or do the whole plant when the tops are well done. Time seems to slow down as you get close to harvest day, the last two weeks take forever. Patience is rewarded.
Forget the flowering times reported by the breeder. They are literally NEVER CORRECT when starting from seed. Always add a week or two when starting from seed. They (reported flowering times) are more realistic when starting from a clone.

Thanks for the guidance AKgrow! I fed the zkittlez for an addition 3 weeks and ended up with this. The purple color really came out the the last 2 weeks of flower...Blue dreams is still in flower for another 2 weeks minimum.

Thanks for saving my first harvest bro!

20211226 085216
Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Very nice results for a first grow, Jay. One of the best first time results I've ever seen, in fact.

BLUE DREAM I've grown, took too long for my tastes.....11 weeks.......Most of my autos finish under 70 days from day I plant! Blue dream took 80 days.

jay1234

jay1234

Very nice results for a first grow, Jay. One of the best first time results I've ever seen, in fact.

BLUE DREAM I've grown, took too long for my tastes.....11 weeks.......Most of my autos finish under 70 days from day I plant! Blue dream took 80 days.
Thanks for the kind words Fuzzy but I have to give this forum credit for the success. I would have harvested a month early if i didnt reach out.

I will post some pics of the blue dream once harvested but I think you're right..looking like 11 weeks maybe even 12 😞.

jay1234

jay1234

Hey Fuzzy, I finally harvested the blue dream...They went 12 weeks!

20220106 144437
thcoso

thcoso

Do not flush until around day 50 and if you are all soil and dry organics, if ladies are not a super dark green then it’s still fine. A proper cure will take care of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom