First Grow. Very Basic

• Thread starter brian77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FatManatee

FatManatee

Hey, you posted in my thread. I decided to reply here. Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with autoflowering strains, or pruning lower branches (lollipopping). I can tell you this though, I started myself by doing advanced techniques like SCROG and pruning etc. and that was a mistake. I had reduced yields, and stuff didn't work out.

Once I did my 1st grow "full natural", without any pruning etc. I learned A LOT from that grow, it helped me understand the plant better, and that information has been vital for me to improve my results later on.

This seems to be your 1st grow, and I highly recommend just leaving the plant be, don't do any trimming etc. This experience will be far more valuable to you, then anything else you can do later on.

FatManatee

FatManatee

... And no, you do not want to lose nitrogen during flowering. It's vital for bud growth, as nitrogen is needed for the cells to reproduce, phosphorous is used to build cell walls, and potassium is used to fill in those cells with weight.

I use a 2-2-5 ratio of NPK throughout flowering.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I totally agree, for your first couple of grows i would let the plant grow on its own except for topping it. If you try any advanced techniques you will hurt your yield. I tried mainlining a plant on my first grow and didn't even get an ounce. Another plant of 5he same strain and genetics in the same run i let grow naturally i got over 3 ounces from. Needless to say for my next couple of runs i judt let them grow naturally except for maybe topping them once or twice. It really helped me learn about how they grow and made me get a lot better at growing

brian77

brian77

Hey, you posted in my thread. I decided to reply here. Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with autoflowering strains, or pruning lower branches (lollipopping). I can tell you this though, I started myself by doing advanced techniques like SCROG and pruning etc. and that was a mistake. I had reduced yields, and stuff didn't work out.

Once I did my 1st grow "full natural", without any pruning etc. I learned A LOT from that grow, it helped me understand the plant better, and that information has been vital for me to improve my results later on.

This seems to be your 1st grow, and I highly recommend just leaving the plant be, don't do any trimming etc. This experience will be far more valuable to you, then anything else you can do later on.
Thanks you so much. You've made my mind up. Going to let it go. Thanks

brian77

brian77

Are you able to tell Wether it's female or male by these pics? You were right btw. First grow ;)
... And no, you do not want to lose nitrogen during flowering. It's vital for bud growth, as nitrogen is needed for the cells to reproduce, phosphorous is used to build cell walls, and potassium is used to fill in those cells with weight.

I use a 2-2-5 ratio of NPK throughout flowering.[/QUOTE

FatManatee

FatManatee

Are you able to tell Wether it's female or male by these pics? You were right btw. First grow ;)
I've only grown feminized seeds and never seen a male plant in my life. Maybe the more experienced growers can chime in on this one :)

Dan789

Dan789

How old is your plant? Mine didn’t really become apparent until after I flipped to bloom, then it was within a week.

brian77

brian77

How old is your plant? Mine didn’t really become apparent until after I flipped to bloom, then it was within a week.
It's in its 5th week now. I thought it would have started to flower by now.

brian77

brian77

It's in its 5th week now. I thought it would have started to flower by now.
Here’s an example of “letting her go” or grow! Very minimal pruning. Takes a lot of time and patience to deal with this. But has helped me understand more the process of growth overtime. View attachment 851940
WOW. That looks amazing. It's the patience that is the hard part. Think because it's my first real attempt!
Watering is a bit.confusing also. People are saying, let the soil dry out (about 4/5 days) then feed about 2 litres. Others are saying smaller amounts more regularly? ???

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Feel the weight of the pot when The soil is close to dryed out and remember the weight. Water accordingly. You’ll no when to water again when the soil is close to the dry weight you tested for.

brian77

brian77

WOW. That looks amazing. It's the patience that is the hard part. Think because it's my first real attempt!
Watering is a bit.confusing also. People are saying, let the soil dry out (about 4/5 days) then feed about 2 litres. Others are saying smaller amounts more regularly? ???
Feel the weight of the pot when The soil is close to dryed out and remember the weight. Water accordingly. You’ll no when to water again when the soil is close to the dry weight you tested for.
Ta. The soil is quite heavy. I'll let it dry for about 5 days and test it from there.I'll weigh it so I'll know when exactly to do it.

Top Bottom