First Grow- What Would You Change?

• Thread starter rmeddins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmeddins

rmeddins

I made the suggestion of gypsum over lime because it's a readily available source of calcium and has minimal effect on pH. I do not mean just add it to add it. I would only add it if you are using the same brand soil, are running the same strain, and had prior calcium issues. Then, I'd mix it directly into your soil prior to your next run at about a 1/2 tablespoon per gallon of soil. An over abundance of calcium can affect the uptake of other nutrients (potassium) so only use it if you actually need it.

Calcium problems are pretty easy to spot. If in doubt after a bit of research online, post a picture and someone here will help you sort it out. I'm not a fan of throwing everything including the kitchen sink into your soil in hopes that something will stick. You usually end up with toxic soup that way. Instead, watch your leaves. Some old growth does eventually die off and the plant sheds the leaf in the process of renewing itself. New growth will tell you a lot! When you see something, ask for confirmation or a second opinion and then move to fix that problem only. Wait before you try anything else.

With all that said, your plants look fine. I wouldn't make any extreme changes on anything.
Thanks again for taking your time to give lend some expertise on my little first grow. I'm staying the course with a slight adjustment in watering frequency. You & ComfortablyNumb have given awesome info.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hey, an update on watering. The first post is the important one, the rest is stoners going off.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Your doing ok, I agree as to coco/perlite Fox Farms isn't my cup of tea either. 4-6 more weeks flower should have you "stacking" buds, those plants will get bigger buds if you allow them more time in flower. Thanks for the views,SS

rmeddins

rmeddins

Hey guys, Im hoping even though the thread Is a little older that you guys may have some advice based on current pics. I have some leaf discoloration that's a little concerning to me. I honestly watered yesterday, a day later than I should have. The leaf discoloration may be linked to that. Most, but not all, leaves still haven't returned to pointing upwards since I watered last night. Do you think I've got a deficiency, or is this likely caused by it being dehydrated for a day?

It had been looking great before the missed watering. In case it's not obvious in the images, most of the buds have 40 % pistils turned orange, but one stalk in particular looks like it is putting on bud fast but they're way behind the rest in development. Does this kind of situation lead to partial harvest in the end at times? If almost the whole plant has trichs that appear done, but one fairly large stalk that needs more time? I'm also including a pic of the underdeveloped stalk.

Top Bottom