First grow with 4 different auto flowers

• Thread starter MarkDm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alpha.ganjaguy

Still thinkin about parchemt paper on top and aluminum foil on the sides of pots.
Feel Free. Always. To answer if that would reduce humidity.
You actually want to raise your humidity. I see your numbers show 23.9c and 58%, assuming leaf temp is -3 I show you should be aiming for 65-75% for the age of the plants assuming you are trying to follow VPD for optimal growth. Checkout the calculator below.

Also, CO2 is useless in a tent, you need a sealed environment to see benefits of it..

MarkDm

MarkDm

You actually want to raise your humidity. I see your numbers show 23.9c and 58%, assuming leaf temp is -3 I show you should be aiming for 65-75% for the age of the plants assuming you are trying to follow VPD for optimal growth. Checkout the calculator below.

Also, CO2 is useless in a tent, you need a sealed environment to see benefits of it..

Much appreciated.
tent is open right now because huminidity was so high. So readings are *ambient*.
Been thinking about getting an ac for the summer. Id blow the discharge right on the tent outer walls.
Thats kinda hit or miss if it cools the tent down thru the wall enough for me to seal and use CO2.

somebody said that growing is solving one problem after another. I am starting to agree…

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Watch for signs of stress, that’s a powerful LED and it’s close to those tender plants. Just keep an eye on them after you change the lighting (either height or intensity).
+1 on that ...

LEDs can be subtle. Everything appears fine until they are not. 37% isn't so bad but if they were mine, I'd be running my light about 18-24 inches above my plants.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

+1 on this too ...

Young plants like that will thrive at 75% humidity

MarkDm

MarkDm

Everything looks kosher but but i can see Fast buds: west coast OG does not want to grow side shoots.
Thanks for all the help you guys have given. I do appreciate it!

plant map is in the first post.
thanks again y’all.

edit: added vapor pressure chart and video. Dead south playing on backround incase you liked it as much as i do =D
i dont claim to begin to understand this consept now but green is good=D
So i should be in the optimal zone right now.

DD026925 0BE2 4E95 BDF5 B07CEAB333C0
975CF7CD 2F7D 4A1D A25B F3CEAE3ED36C
5871FBCF 401D 4FBB 82A9 DF181478F678
Last edited:
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

They're still concentrating on building up their root structure. Be patient but keep working on those side shoots. Unless they are autos, which could mean limited side-shoot development, you should be able to bush out your plants just by training them like you are.

MarkDm

MarkDm

Yes they are all autos. Didnt feel good about the bending so took them off after 2 days and stopped ponytailing then as well. Then fed them light terravega, cannazym and rhizotonic 2dl around the rootball and 2dl plain water around that.
Temperatures warmed here as well so i think the tent’s been running hot and humid.

Well they are packing size but leaves show curling and discoloration.
So propably did another noob mistake and gave 2dl plain water on the rootball to dilute some of the ill effects. And adjusted exhaus fan settings. Might have to order a thermostat to control the exhaus fan instead of a timer.

Im realizing that i am doing this half assed and based on vague information. For example ponytail for 8hrs a day. Well for howmany days? Give them this much light, well what about humidity? Defoliate, where? to accomplish what? Bend, for how long and how hard?

I wish i could find a good growguide so that i would not appear such a noob and ask you’all for help in correcting my mistakes all the time. Or for answers questions that must seem very simple.

Thank you.

Mark

B9546664 EA46 4A00 94F8 DC783D73C00A
C37C6670 50B8 4282 86D9 CCB958675485
685F413D 7619 44B0 9FD6 00F5E3B58E08
22C64B39 D9F1 4BA4 8709 269ED34F1ACB
8EAB47AC D6C5 466A B817 067791E09765
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

How much space between the plants and your lights? I think we talked about this before ... but your pictures suggest its too close. The water beading up on your leaves will also cause issues. The swollen leaf appearance is a few of your pictures already suggests you're watering too frequently.

There are a lot of little things ... attention to details ... that will determine your final outcome here. How often are you watering them? How much water per feeding? Did we give them nutes/calmag/anything extra? My wife and I always document this information. We also record soil moisture levels and only water when the meter says we should. We're too old, been doing it too long and been humbled too many times by grower's arrogance and skipping steps we knew we shouldn't.

You can train your plants even if they are autos. Just how bushy they get will be more determined by their genetics where with photo-period plants you the grower have much more control over that.

MarkDm

MarkDm

Well i took a picture with a cm rule. Its too close. Lifted them before but need to tie a string down. i’ve been busy with summer coming in.
20 years ago a yardkeeper told me a blade of grass will go into shock if you remove 30% of its leafmass at the same time.
So i figured while i encourage the bottom brances and slowly ponytail some more i will take out 2 leaves from each plant. I did and i will pull those tails tomorrow morning.

Watered 2 days ago with 2dl of nutes and 2dl of plain. Again today with 2dl of plain do dillute the mixture that might have caused the leaf disformation.

As always, I appreciate it.

Mark

783F6F1F FE52 4426 81D6 D074CF127A1E
MarkDm

MarkDm

I hope you do not mind me pushing back a bit.
This would suggest i am behind the curve on lights.
Thanks,
Mark

Mars Hydro FC4800 480W Samsung LED Grow Light- Lighting Tips

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I hope you do not mind me pushing back a bit.
This would suggest i am behind the curve on lights.
Thanks,
Mark

Mars Hydro FC4800 480W Samsung LED Grow Light- Lighting Tips
Don't worry about charts. Those are simply pushing averages in a world where most things are a bit more fluid. Learn to read your plants. Frequently less is more ... and more becomes too much too quick.

For example ... I went a whole grow from start to finish without ever having my lights above 75%. All charts by the manufacturer would suggest my plants should have been at 100%. However, the leaves told me different so we didn't push it. If we had, we would have likely had a mess. Instead we pushed 32 clones and 4 mother plants through the flower tents in a 6 month period.

Edit: As for your watering ... it seems excessive. Every 2 days is a lot! You would be better off watering until you see run-off and then not water again until the pot is light. It's not uncommon for small plants in bigger containers to go a week between watering.

We use a moisture meter. The ones we get don't have a battery, only measure moisture and cost less than $10

Last edited:
MarkDm

MarkDm

Don't worry about charts. Those are simply pushing averages in a world where most things are a bit more fluid. Learn to read your plants. Frequently less is more ... and more becomes too much too quick.

For example ... I went a whole grow from start to finish without ever having my lights above 75%. All charts by the manufacturer would suggest my plants should have been at 100%. However, the leaves told me different so we didn't push it. If we had, we would have likely had a mess. Instead we pushed 32 clones and 4 mother plants through the flower tents in a 6 month period.

Edit: As for your watering ... it seems excessive. Every 2 days is a lot! You would be better off watering until you see run-off and then not water again until the pot is light. It's not uncommon for small plants in bigger containers to go a week between watering.

We use a moisture meter. The ones we get don't have a battery, only measure moisture and cost less than $10
That sounds like a lot =D I like it!
I appreciate the time you have taken to give me instructions and feedback.

On the waterings i thought I had figured something out when seeing the roots of a 3 week plant. So instead of depositing nutrients in the pot that were not being used atm.. i’d give them directly on the root ball and a buffer with plain water around it.
I will get the moisture meter next.

Now what do you think its best?
1. To let the plant just become the best it can be
2. To train the plant with different methods

Thank you,
Mark

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Now what do you think its best?
1. To let the plant just become the best it can be
2. To train the plant with different methods

Thank you,
Mark
Both

You want the plant to become the best it can be through proper care.

You can train your plants with different methods. Except with autoflowers, stay with Low Stress Training (LST). Autos typically don't respond well to topping and pruning and so on.

MarkDm

MarkDm

Today i somewhat feel like a pro!
LST the plants and gave them 50% of the Canna nutrient dosage. 1.5L on the biguns and 1L on small ones.
This week been adjusting fans to keep humidity in check, now it runs all the time at low speed.

My main question is about lollipopping. It seems the bottom branches do not get a chance to ”offshoot” any Because they produce larf. But do you just keep lollypoppying untill they catch up with top or do something interesting besides bending or ponytailing with the top? How does that work? First grow.

i Submit this competition for your review:

8D72673D 3253 4DA1 81EB 0F94EB990CB3
17750D51 9916 467B 9427 FACEC235FDE5
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

20 years ago a yardkeeper told me a blade of grass will go into shock if you remove 30% of its leafmass at the same time.
A general rule is not to remove more than a third of a plant at a time. I do less than that.

An orchardist is likely to say that harming a tree will cause the tree to produce better fruit. That's a basic reason for pruning fruit trees. It's also true for cannabis. Removing leaves (defoliating) and smaller branches (pruning) causes the plant to put more energy into its flowers, which are the fruit of a cannabis plant.

MarkDm

MarkDm

That makes perfect sence. Beoynd your reply im falling for the appalachian mountains.

MarkDm

MarkDm

Looks like these babyes are bouncing back.

for the weekends sake. Party!

8CC3E041 6762 4DB7 A7DF 747BFF7E85CC

Top Bottom