First grow with 4 different auto flowers

• Thread starter MarkDm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MarkDm

MarkDm

Hi Folks,

Going after a long time dream to grow my own here.

Have had these for 2-3 weeks now.

auto elephant - super sativa seed club 1
auto gorilla zkittles - fast buds. 2
auto west coast og - fast buds. 3
auto lsd - barneys. 4

3 1 2
1 4 1
3 1 2

20 h lights with 15m IR before and after
Canna nutes coming next week.
Started in acidic soil used for pine trees, mixed with starter soil and clay pebbles.

First question If somebody wishes to answer:
My water is considered soft by the utility and they add calsium for protecting pipes and bring the ph up to 8.5 from 6.5.
Been letting it sit for a day before watering.
Should I bring the ph down to 6.5 on that before watering?

Thank you all.

Mark

First grow with 4 different auto flowers
First grow with 4 different auto flowers 2
MarkDm

MarkDm

Gave them canna nutes and upped the mars FC4800 light to 37%
I can see huminidity drift up.
Tents open but p 99% times is closed.

Mothman

Mothman

Hi Folks,

auto lsd - barneys. 4

3 1 2
1 4 1
3 1 2

Started in acidic soil used for pine trees, mixed with starter soil and clay pebbles.

My water is considered soft by the utility and they add calsium for protecting pipes and bring the ph up to 8.5 from 6.5.

Thank you all.

Mark
Hi Mark. I adjust pH of water for seedlings unless I’m using RO water, but you may get differing opinions on here from others.

I see you have two seedlings in one pot. Never tried that but most posters here avoid that. Those roots intermingle fast.

Edit: I guess technically they aren’t seedlings any longer. More like early veg.

MarkDm

MarkDm

Thank you both.
Gave a starter dose for the plants and can see that theyre hesitating. Humidity is way up to 90% since i hit it when it was wet and upped the lights.
Put the fan on.

I will up the led a couple of inches.
that seedling got snapped and felt sorry for it =D it has such will to live that ended up pulling the replacement. Go underdog!

Soil watering will be interesting and i think, from what ive read, that i end up doing 1l, 0,5l, 1l, 0,5l alternating days. Little less on the 10L plastics. did spring water this time, but will have to do tap eventually. Lowered ph by 1ml of vinegar on 2l of water to 6-6.5. Reading to understand soil buffering as well.

Humidity might be my biggest adversary in the short term. Been thinking about puttin parchment paper on top of pots and wrapping them with aluminium foil to slow down evaporation.

@marshydro
your smart led growlight software is not up to par. I dont know when your light will run and neighter do you.

edit: Added picture of attempted ponytailing of plants.

810F9DA4 8934 4710 B65B EC59D3C8815A
806B28D8 02CA 46FA 809B C2BDDD39C651
752B48A4 E463 4B66 9334 800409358EF3
Last edited:
memnoch

memnoch

Congrats on getting started friend!! Make sure you're wetting the entire pot of soil
what exactly do you mean by that?
Thank you both.
Gave a starter dose for the plants and can see that theyre hesitating. Humidity is way up to 90% since i hit it when it was wet and upped the lights.
Put the fan on.

that seedling got snapped and felt sorry for it =D it has such will to live that ended up pulling the replacement. Go underdog!

Soil watering will be interesting and i think, from what ive read, that i end up doing 1l, 0,5l, 1l, 0,5l alternating days. Little less on the 10L plastics. did spring water this time, but will have to do tap eventually. Lowered ph by 1ml of vinegar on 2l of water to 6-6.5. Reading to understand soil buffering as well.

Humidity might be my biggest adversary in the short term. Been thinking about puttin parchment paper on top of pots and wrapping them with aluminium foil to slow down evaporation.

@marshydro
your smart led growlight software is not up to par. I dont know when your light will run and neighter do you.
I noticed you said you will end up using tap. You may want to call you water plant and ask them if they use chlorimides in it. I'm glad i did, because we do here. It can take a very long time for the chlorine to leave the water when that is added. They add it just so the chlorine stays in the water longer, that's what the guy told me anyway.

MarkDm

MarkDm

I noticed you said you will end up using tap. You may want to call you water plant and ask them if they use chlorimides in it. I'm glad i did, because we do here. It can take a very long time for the chlorine to leave the water when that is added. They add it just so the chlorine stays in the water longer, that's what the guy told me anyway.
Thanks for the heads up. They do use chlorine. I’d leave it sitting for 24h before using it. I wonder if the added calsium to adjust the ph will be enough for me or if i need to order calmag.
look at this one product: sicamag that would have silicone as well, but on the otherhand i might get by by bying a bag of epsom salt. Yes?

I think he meant to water deep and not just wet the surface. Correct me if im wrong.

memnoch

memnoch

Thanks for the heads up. They do use chlorine. I’d leave it sitting for 24h before using it. I wonder if the added calsium to adjust the ph will be enough for me or if i need to order calmag.
look at this one product: sicamag that would have silicone as well, but on the otherhand i might get by by bying a bag of epsom salt. Yes?

I think he meant to water deep and not just wet the surface. Correct me if im wrong.
brother i'm not the one to ask. this is my 1st grow. wish i could help you but i don't want to give you advise that i am just now really qualified to give.

2Bad

2Bad

The edges like dry by the difference in color

D

DartKnight137

Hi Folks,

auto lsd - barneys. 4

3 1 2
1 4 1
3 1 2

Thank you all.

Mark
Any time you water always test soil and water ph I water between 6.2 - 6.8 ph with slow release nutrients in the soil. Within that ph rang the autos absorb nutrients best.

D

DartKnight137

Thank you both.
Put the fan on.

@marshydro

edit: Added picture of attempted ponytailing of plants.
I would not use zip ties, instead try using velcro straps and I would not recommend any slow stress training any earlier then week 3.

MarkDm

MarkDm

Thanks, your plants do grow more vigorously than mine.
i think mine got stunned from either transplant or lack of CO2 since i was relaying on heat rising for air exchange at first.

So they are on week 3 now… i like the idea of using velcro.
Appreciate it!

CO2 regulator coming soon. Im finding out i will not be able to use it unless i solve the humidity problem first and heat will most likely be an issue once lights 100%,
on a side note. is there real danger of suffocation by equipment failure? Assuming a 6kg CO2 tank would let it self out in your house?

MarkDm

MarkDm

The edges like dry by the difference in color
Bad boy

edit:

hey @DartKnight137 how long can i keep on the ponytails? Read 8 hours from one post, but would like to keep them on until Shoots take off.
On the same note..
do i ponytail the shoots?

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:
MarkDm

MarkDm

Still thinkin about parchemt paper on top and aluminum foil on the sides of pots.
Feel Free. Always. To answer if that would reduce humidity.

E388E096 F239 4EF8 A6BB E854F8FFFA61
71CFFB6B 26AE 45A7 80DD 58E96BB1FC80
D

DartKnight137

Thanks, your plants do grow more vigorously than mine.
i think mine got stunned from either transplant or lack of CO2 since i was relaying on heat rising for air exchange at first.

So they are on week 3 now… i like the idea of using velcro.
Appreciate it!

CO2 regulator coming soon. Im finding out i will not be able to use it unless i solve the humidity problem first and heat will most likely be an issue once lights 100%,
on a side note. is there real danger of suffocation by equipment failure? Assuming a 6kg CO2 tank would let it self out in your house?
Autos don't need any c02 system and what country are you located in when it comes to humidity as long as you have an open space humidity should stay around low 50's to high 60's

E

Edinburg

When I run my autos I shoot for a pH of 6.2, if your having trouble with your water you can buy a gal for a $1 at most convenient stores, remember autoflowers are very fickle plants that absolutely hate stress, you can ALLSO distill your water.

MarkDm

MarkDm

Russia.
Making it free one joint at a time =D
Honestly its not that bad

Top Bottom