First Grow

• Thread starter pdx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pdx

PDX
Hello everyone!
I've been gardening since I was a toddler helping my great grandmother with her tomatoes and never really considered growing cannabis before recently.
My favorite plants to grow are hot peppers but so far I've been having an absolute blast learning about the cannabis plant and its quirks.

I've started out with four clones - a pure indica, an indica hybrid, a pure sativa, and finally a high cbd indica strain which I'm specifically growing for a family member's rheumatoid arthritis. The strains are: Cuvee (Space Queen x Pinot Noir), Persian Delight (mysterious blend of landrace from pakistan), Gelato (Sunset Sherbet x Thin Mint GSC), and Purple Pleiades (CBD Nordle x Huckleberry Hound).

I've set up my first proper indoor setup with this project and it's been a fun experience.
These plants are all in a 3x3 tent with a 4'' exhaust fan and a 315w Sun Systems LEC grow light. From my past experience using coco coir for growing lime trees an hot peppers, I decided to use that as my growing medium since soil spooks me (I've had more than my fair share of plants succumb to root rot and fungal nonsense).

I'm keeping an eagle eye on my temps and humidity and am running my clones in a veg stage on a 13/11 on/off light cycle (11 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off) with the goal of saving more energy, extending the lifetime of the bulb, managing runaway temps more easily, and hopefully limit the growth of the plants as I don't want them going too crazy in the tent.
I'm torn between using SCROG or LST but, since I only have a few plants, I might start with LST.

Anyways, I'm glad to meet you guys and I hope to learn from the collective experience of growers here. I will do my best to keep status on my plants updated for those interested in my adventure.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Hello everyone!
I've been gardening since I was a toddler helping my great grandmother with her tomatoes and never really considered growing cannabis before recently.
My favorite plants to grow are hot peppers but so far I've been having an absolute blast learning about the cannabis plant and its quirks.

I've started out with four clones - a pure indica, an indica hybrid, a pure sativa, and finally a high cbd indica strain which I'm specifically growing for a family member's rheumatoid arthritis. The strains are: Cuvee (Space Queen x Pinot Noir), Persian Delight (mysterious blend of landrace from pakistan), Gelato (Sunset Sherbet x Thin Mint GSC), and Purple Pleiades (CBD Nordle x Huckleberry Hound).

I've set up my first proper indoor setup with this project and it's been a fun experience.
These plants are all in a 3x3 tent with a 4'' exhaust fan and a 315w Sun Systems LEC grow light. From my past experience using coco coir for growing lime trees an hot peppers, I decided to use that as my growing medium since soil spooks me (I've had more than my fair share of plants succumb to root rot and fungal nonsense).

I'm keeping an eagle eye on my temps and humidity and am running my clones in a veg stage on a 13/11 on/off light cycle (11 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off) with the goal of saving more energy, extending the lifetime of the bulb, managing runaway temps more easily, and hopefully limit the growth of the plants as I don't want them going too crazy in the tent.
I'm torn between using SCROG or LST but, since I only have a few plants, I might start with LST.

Anyways, I'm glad to meet you guys and I hope to learn from the collective experience of growers here. I will do my best to keep status on my plants updated for those interested in my adventure.
Welcome to the Farm. Pics are always welcome.

P

pdx

PDX
Here's a pic from yesterday ready to put the ladies in their tent.
Temps are running between 67 F at night and 88 F during the day at around 55% RH right now. I might need to get an AC unit once the ambient day time temps start climbing to the high 90s here this summer.

Daughters
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Welcome to the farm... First grow can be tough and get ready for some major challenges with 4 strains that vary in growth and flowering time that much. Not trying to bash on it just give you a heads up so you can get some extra time in on planning. In a tent controllers will be your friend and a good budget option is inkird.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Here's a pic from yesterday ready to put the ladies in their tent.
Temps are running between 67 F at night and 88 F during the day at around 55% RH right now. I might need to get an AC unit once the ambient day time temps start climbing to the high 90s here this summer.
Looking forward to following along. None outdoors? Sounds like they'd love your weather.

P

pdx

PDX
Welcome to the farm... First grow can be tough and get ready for some major challenges with 4 strains that vary in growth and flowering time that much. Not trying to bash on it just give you a heads up so you can get some extra time in on planning. In a tent controllers will be your friend and a good budget option is inkird.
Yeah I was really concerned about introducing a sativa into the mix because the other three should be short and wide based on what was being told to me when I was choosing the clones.
I'm probably going to keep two outside in the garden while flowering the other two. That or I'm considering putting the Gelato out in the garden beds and just keeping the indicas in the tent. Undecided yet.

When you say controllers what do you mean by that exactly? I have a timer attached to the lights and speed control on the fans out of the tent.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I was really concerned about introducing a sativa into the mix because the other three should be short and wide based on what was being told to me when I was choosing the clones.
I'm probably going to keep two outside in the garden while flowering the other two. That or I'm considering putting the Gelato out in the garden beds and just keeping the indicas in the tent. Undecided yet.

When you say controllers what do you mean by that exactly? I have a timer attached to the lights and speed control on the fans out of the tent.
Can plug your equipment in to control temp and humidity. So they work with and plug style equipment. AC,Dehumidifier,heater, fans, humidifier.

Combos is a bit cheaper but I prefer this temp controller over the one in the previous link. I can program day and night temps.
https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-ITC-...mp+controller&qid=1559262473&s=gateway&sr=8-7

Top Bottom