First Harvest

• Thread starter aka tico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aka tico

Greeting everyone,
First time grower and harvest time is coming up very soon. Just wanted to see what people think about complete harvest vs partial harvest. Are there any major advantages (or disadvantages) for each method?
Just to be clear, I am a hobby grower and not in any rush!!

Cheers

Bud

visajoe1

visajoe1

most harvest all at once. abnormal situations usually cause partial harvests, like a branch breaking by accident for example. looking good there for 1st grow, well done! looks like another 3-5 weeks if I had to guess

az2000

az2000

complete harvest vs partial harvest. Are there any major advantages (or disadvantages) for each method?

You could sample the difference between clear, cloudy and amber trichomes. It's said that clear is more of a buzzy high, amber more couchlock. If you harvested a little clear you could test that.

A

aka tico

most harvest all at once. abnormal situations usually cause partial harvests, like a branch breaking by accident for example. looking good there for 1st grow, well done! looks like another 3-5 weeks if I had to guess
You are not wrong my good sir. that picture was taken 2 weeks ago!!
I think I did not convey my inquiry properly. I grow my first plants using mainlining method. Each plants currently has 8 main colas that have reached maturity. There are also many more smaller buds that are not matured yet (too many to ignore). My question is what are the drawbacks if I flush the plant and harvest the main colas and then wait week or so for the smaller buds to mature and harvest again? should I resume nutrient feeding after the first harvest followed by second flush? Or, in your opinion, it is not worth the hassle?

thanks again

visajoe1

visajoe1

You are not wrong my good sir. that picture was taken 2 weeks ago!!
I think I did not convey my inquiry properly. I grow my first plants using mainlining method. Each plants currently has 8 main colas that have reached maturity. There are also many more smaller buds that are not matured yet (too many to ignore). My question is what are the drawbacks if I flush the plant and harvest the main colas and then wait week or so for the smaller buds to mature and harvest again? should I resume nutrient feeding after the first harvest followed by second flush? Or, in your opinion, it is not worth the hassle?

thanks again
no drawbacks to harvesting main colas and harvesting lower sites later. water only will be fine since it wont take more than a few days finish. i did it before and didnt think it was worth the hassle, but thats just me. give it a shot, thats part of the fun, learning your own style

Mattyice

Mattyice

If you do harvest the big ones and let the little ones go don’t forget to cut back on how much your feeding at first. 👍but I’ll be doing the same in about another 45-50 days. I’m 30 days into flower now I’ll see what the next month produces.

F83E4DFB B00F 4FD0 B783 104440F03521
0B3BE2A2 065A 447B B4FC 661BAB6B49E4
1820A9C0 AE9F 4585 918F 8546E52F0E25
2A79F3BA 94C9 46BD A13A B20CB2637805
D1365EC7 83E8 4C6A 94F8 FFA56E3B6159
77131990 A59E 4CA2 98EA EA834BF4F591
A

aka tico

Niiceee!!
were they clones? I see they are 3 leaf all the way. I took some clones before going flowering and they did the same thing. they have reverted back to 5 leaves now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom