First Indoor/dwc Grow. Defoliation During Flower Help Plzzz

• Thread starter croptopper11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chemistry

chemistry

are u using the garden ring to keep the growth inside or for support? ive got the ring on mine pushing the perimeter of the plant outward and pulled n tied some of the inner branches to it to get little better light penetration and air flow

My flower space is just over 3 of those rings wide, so I try to grow the tops inside the ring, that way they each get the same amount of light, or spoil the one in the middle. Yes, I like the middle open if possible but not bare, I like sifted hash, so I like a bit of larf to sift.

RDWCnoobe

RDWCnoobe

Take off any of those old fan leaves that are where a new branch starts. All of those can be removed after flipping (Did experiments of my own and found this method to lead to more light pen and air flow while not decreasing growth) As far as the leaves at bud sites, I normally leave them on unless they are covering another bud site. Usually in the first 2 weeks of flower I'll periodically remove any leaves that are covering up bud sites or that aren't getting much light.

I know there's the guys who did three a light and they remove almost all fan leaves but leave a lot of bud sites. Then I've seen guys in the advanced nutrients videos that say you have to leave the fan leaves on and they hit 3+ pounds a light also. I try and go somewhere in the middle, leave the leaves that seem useful and get rid of any cramming things up.
Yea I do the same for this reason I figure as long as I pick one thing from each camp I'll be ok or basically growing is like call of duty we all have the same guns and attachments but whatbu do with it is what matters different things work for different people and yet not others. I see growing technique the same as pheno hunting give and take what u willing 5o give for more of what.

I'm in week2 day 4 from 12/12 starting to preflower 6 we veg 3ft then flipped in a 6 site rdwc 5gal with a 5gal control. Using floranova, calmag, clearrez, clonex mycorrhizae, armor si just started, maxigrow, koolbloom, foxfarm molasses unsulfored. Started from clone gg4 in a dwc cloner 41w t5 and progressive lighting 400w 600w 1000w 1120w mh for veg and hps for flower trained at 6in flipped once second trellis is fully covered 2ft from lid

20210303 110201
Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

I really try to get all major pruning done by the third week of flower. Your mileage may vary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom