First indoor grow 4x4x6

• Thread starter NoWorryNoHurry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoWorryNoHurry

First indoor grow looking for advice on how to improve? The “center” 4 are the only ones staying in the tent once flip to flower. Main four planted in solo cups March 9, why so small? The other ones came way later and are already taller, yet no pruning/training done. Want to flip to flower but main four are only about a foot tall in a 4x4x6 tent. I know they will stretch once in flower, but holding tight in hopes of a higher yield. Any tips!??? Thx

First indoor grow 4x4x6
N

NoWorryNoHurry

When 33% of the floor is covered by canopy its time to flip. Box fans might be a poor choice. Defoliate to increase yield.
Thanks for input! Agreed, gotta switch that box fan out. Also, only four of those are staying in there. The rest will be going outdoors. You think it would be worth it to flip at only a foot tall? Just curious as to roughly what that yield would be?
When 33% of the floor is covered by canopy its time to flip. Box fans might be a poor choice. Defoliate to increase yield.

N

NoWorryNoHurry

Find a Tower fan and yes they are about ready to flip and will stretch more.
Thanks duder, my main concern is only four will be in there when I flip. They are about a foot tall. Is that tall enough to produce a decent yield? Was going to wait until 1.5-2 ft but not really sure what to do. Thx

2Bad

2Bad

Thanks duder, my main concern is only four will be in there when I flip. They are about a foot tall. Is that tall enough to produce a decent yield? Was going to wait until 1.5-2 ft but not really sure what to do. Thx
Do you have another light or how strong is that light? Also you will learn next grow that veg time can be shortened with more plants which means more harvests and yield. They are short probably because genetics mainly or the light was so close/intense that it didn't feel the need to stretch.

Ponky

Ponky

What do you shoot for
3' end height is pretty close to ideal. But some of my best plants were only 2 feet tall. That was just sheer luck. When they get too tall its a hassle. And diminished returns from extra veg time just cost you time.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Soil? Watering/feeding details? Light strength?

Trust me, shorter plants are an advantage indoors. Check my posts to see why.

Plan for even canopy coverage. Factors in your plants doubling in height from time of flip to about a month later, with the bulk of that in the last two weeks. If your light needs 2 or 3 feet of clearance for good coverage, you can then see how high to allow your plants to get at the tallest. Flip your plants at or before that height.

Or you could be like me and have to replace your tent in mid-flower.

In my 4x4, I find that more than 5 plants makes it very hard to get to the back plants to defoliate. Helps a lot if you can get to all sides of your tent from the outside.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Your right, 24" is when to flip,Cheers SS

N

NoWorryNoHurry

Do you have another light or how strong is that light? Also you will learn next grow that veg time can be shortened with more plants which means more harvests and yield. They are short probably because genetics mainly or the light was so close/intense that it didn't feel the need to stretch.
This is a vivosunvs4000 led. Only equivalent to 200w I believe. I’ve kept it 18” away at least through veg. Genetics=orange bud and first time trying all these. And yes these are all from seed and plan to keep 3 on deck for continuous cycle. Thank you

N

NoWorryNoHurry

Plan for even canopy coverage. Factors in your plants doubling in height from time of flip to about a month later, with the bulk of that in the last two weeks. If your light needs 2 or 3 feet of clearance for good coverage, you can then see how high to allow your plants to get at the tallest. Flip your plants at or before that height.

In my 4x4, I find that more than 5 plants makes it very hard to get to the back plants to defoliate. Helps a lot if you can get to all sides of your tent from the outside.
Soil is sohum living soil and have hit it with compost tea twice. Light is a led Vivosunvs4000. Light says 12-18” for flower, so flipping now seems like a waste of all this time and tent with all the extra room. Only 3 will be kept in there once flipped. Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom