First indoor grow day 14 from seed

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
What do you mean by start vegging? My plants start vegatative growth on day 1. Are you saying you want to start feeding veg nutes on day 18?
That’s the second time you’re saying this on my thread. No one is arguing that plants are vegging as soon as they break the surface. Growing since 79? Since your the OG maybe give some feedback or advice instead of acting like you don’t know what we are talking about bc hammer is talking about the same exact thing as I was talking about idk if you forgot but it’s all in the same thread. Seedlings stage 2-3 weeks and then I start counting each week for veg.

growsince79

growsince79

No, I am saying I am going to transplant them into soil from their little baby seedling cups containing seed starter mix.

I consider the plant to be "Rooting," right now more than being in a Veg state.
Oh I see. You want to transplant on day 18.

growsince79

growsince79

That’s the second time you’re saying this on my thread. No one is arguing that plants are vegging as soon as they break the surface. Growing since 79? Since your the OG maybe give some feedback or advice instead of acting like you don’t know what we are talking about bc hammer is talking about the same exact thing as I was talking about idk if you forgot but it’s all in the same thread. Seedlings stage 2-3 weeks and then I start counting each week for veg.
Sorry man, I'm just trying to learn the new math and lingo. So veg stage begins at first transplant? And what's the reason for counting veg? I honestly don't know. Thanks for educating me.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Sorry man, I'm just trying to learn the new math and lingo. So veg stage begins at first transplant? And what's the reason for counting veg? I honestly don't know. Thanks for educating me.
Well since I’m growing indoors I can control how long my plants stay in veg before flowering since I control the lights. It’s just simply to know how many weeks I’ve had them in the veg state. It’s just to record how long my plant has grown in the vegetative stage just like I will be counting the weeks of flowering (12/12) until harvest. Plus every strain flowers at different times depending on the strain so it’s good to know how long your plant has been flowering and when you should expect buds.

growsince79

growsince79

Well since I’m growing indoors I can control how long my plants stay in veg before flowering since I control the lights. It’s just simply to know how many weeks I’ve had them in the veg state. It’s just to record how long my plant has grown in the vegetative stage just like I will be counting the weeks of flowering (12/12) until harvest. Plus every strain flowers at different times depending on the strain so it’s good to know how long your plant has been flowering and when you should expect buds.
I get the counting flower time. But i don't get the counting veg + seedling if the seedling stage can be anywhare from 1-4 weeks. That's where I'm confused. I count because I want to know when to start the next seeds. I can go 4 weeks max from seed in my veg cabinet. Then they go to flower. So 60 day flowers the plants are 88 days old. Is that a 7 day or a 14 or 28 day veg? That's where I'm confused. Sorry, I'm old and easily confused.lol

Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I get the counting flower time. But i don't the counting veg + seedling get counting if the seedling stage can be anywhare from 1-4 weeks. That's where I'm confused. I count because I want to know when to start the next seeds. I can go 4 weeks max from seed in my veg cabinet. Then they go to flower. So 60 day flowers the plants are 88 days old. Is that a 7 day or a 14 or 28 day veg? That's where I'm confused. Sorry, I'm old and easily confused.lol
I’m a new grower so I’m no expert but the seedling stage the plant focuses on building a root network and when you see growth suddenly start accelerating that’s when the veg starts.

growsince79

growsince79

I’m a new grower so I’m no expert but the seedling stage the plant focuses on building a root network and when you see growth suddenly start accelerating that’s when the veg starts.
Most of my plants start that at day 3-5. So its very subjective. One guys seed stage is another guys veg stage. I just want to know how long it takes.

growsince79

growsince79

Since you are a new grower, I have a couple tips for you. 1 Iike the square pots to start in. 2. add more perlite to the mix. 3. water to saturation and weigh the container after it quits dripping and wait until it loses the right amount of weight before you water again. 4. If you don't have a scale - get one. Each mix is different, mine are usually about 250g wet 150-160g dry-time to water. I start in cocoloco and just use water.
gl and happy grows.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Since you are a new grower, I have a couple tips for you. 1 Iike the square pots to start in. 2. add more perlite to the mix. 3. water to saturation and weigh the container after it quits dripping and wait until it loses the right amount of weight before you water again. 4. If you don't have a scale - get one. Each mix is different, mine are usually about 250g wet 150-160g dry-time to water. I start in cocoloco and just use water.
gl and happy grows.
Yes next time I’m gonna use square pots and also smaller pots. I slightly underwatered then overwatered my seedlings. I have heard about the scale trick and after my couple mishaps I think I’m gonna go this route as well. What kind of scale do you recommend or should I say how long do you use the scale for? Not when they get bigger into 3-5 gallon pots right? You gotta just lift it and feel it out at that point. I also plan to get perlite to add to my soil mix before transplanting. Thanks for the tips!

XxHammer

XxHammer

ImpulsiveGrower- When are you transplanting into bigger pots? I originally had gotten 3-gal pots but instead changed to 5-gal Tall pots. So I am a little nervous about jumping from 4''x4''pots to 5-gals but I also picked up a small bag of Perlite also, so I can mix that into the FFOF.

growsince79

growsince79

Yes next time I’m gonna use square pots and also smaller pots. I slightly underwatered then overwatered my seedlings. I have heard about the scale trick and after my couple mishaps I think I’m gonna go this route as well. What kind of scale do you recommend or should I say how long do you use the scale for? Not when they get bigger into 3-5 gallon pots right? You gotta just lift it and feel it out at that point. I also plan to get perlite to add to my soil mix before transplanting. Thanks for the tips!
I use my old 3 beam scale from the 60s lol. After I transplant, I just pick up the pots and guess.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
old 3 beam which you stole from high school!😆, how many of us did that?
taking it out in our adidas gym bag
BF6788E9 D0CB 44CA 962E 4FCAD8ED1FAF

growsince79

growsince79

ImpulsiveGrower- When are you transplanting into bigger pots? I originally had gotten 3-gal pots but instead changed to 5-gal Tall pots. So I am a little nervous about jumping from 4''x4''pots to 5-gals but I also picked up a small bag of Perlite also, so I can mix that into the FFOF.
Your insticts are right. Don't transplant that big. 1 -1.5 gal is better for proper water-dry cycle. Transplant to final pot 2 weeks before flipping to flower.

Top Bottom