First Indoor grow from seed. Grow diary

• Thread starter Lockeboxgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Hey what's up all, starting in on my second grow, first from seed though, and I thought I'd document and share here. I've got a journal I write everything in too but this way I can add in the pics 👍

Strain: White Widow, fem photo seeds from a local to me company called 5-seeds
First indoor grow from seed grow diary 3

Germination method: dropped the seeds in a cup of distilled water, placed in dark cabinet. Waited until the seeds cracked and taproot became visible, then planted into pre-watered soil. Taproot facing up maybe slightly diagonally, about 1/2" deep.
First indoor grow from seed grow diary 8

Medium: foxfarm happy frog soil

Current Grow space: 6.5"x8"X10" cardboard box with mylar taped to sides. (Wasn't sure about doing this but thought id give the mylar a try. Used dispensary bags turned inside out)
First indoor grow from seed grow diary
First indoor grow from seed grow diary 6

Light: 9watt (60 watt equivalent) purple great value grow light.
First indoor grow from seed grow diary 2

Light distance: about 4". Did have it at 6" but the seedlings began to stretch it looked to me ( little over 2" tall now)

Light schedule: 18hr on 6hr off

Pots: solo cups. (McDonald's cups made Into solo cups)

Nutes: none yet but plan to use botanicare cns 17 grow as well as botanicare kind base once the 4th or 5th set of true leaves grow.
First indoor grow from seed grow diary 7
First indoor grow from seed grow diary 5
First indoor grow from seed grow diary 4

Feeding schedule: plan to feed every other watering

Water practice: distilled water. Watered 1bsp daily until sprout. Now Waiting til soil dries almost completely then planning to water in a 1 inch cirlce around the stem until run off. Wait until dry (well almost) and repeat. I'm getting somewhat good at lifting my bigger pots to tell when to water so maybe I can learn the feel for solo cups too.

Temps: N/A, don't have a thermometer and budget is already maxed but grow box is in kitchen so no crazy temps high or low. (Between low of 60 and high of 85 if I had to guess)

Humidity: no idea, same story as temps. Have not done anything special for humidity though

That's all I can really think to provide for background at the moment, I've got a veg/flower closet setup but will wait to move the plants in until they are bigger and the closet is ready for them. (3 or 4 weeks from current harvest 😁)

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Week One Update

4/29- dropped both seeds in water at 12:30pm

4/30- seeds cracked 4:30pm (28 hrs later)

5/1- planted seeds at 12:30am placed under light 6 inches away. Pre-watered the soil then watered another tablespoon to help settle.

5/2- watered 1tbsp

5/3- watered 1 tbsp. Both seeds sprouted, one at 10:45 am the other at 2:00 pm

5/4- watered 1 tbsp introduced 18/6 light schedule

5/5- seedlings a little over 2" now, moved the light down to about 4" in fear of stretch. No water

5/6- planning to water this afternoon after lights come on, using water practice mentioned in the background info. Stretching seems to have stopped

The 2 purple pics are from today 5/6 green from yesterday.

IMG 20220505 195747104
IMG 20220505 195706170
IMG 20220505 165233436

IMG 20220505 165220124
Maxwax

Maxwax

Well then I would recommend half rate nutes until you see a need for more. Im in HF and have had to use very little Cal Mag and also very little N. Mostly Ive teased with Molasses, FF Big Bloom (castings and guano) and FF Bush Doctor Microbe Brew get down.

Theres a specific feeding schedule from Fox Farms designed for Happy Frog thats a bit different than a normal/ typical schedule because its a semi "live" soil.

( This is where people get in trouble with FF Ocean Forest....they feed it too much and it doesnt need it)

Last edited:
Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Well then I would recommend half rate nutes until you see a need for more. Im in HF and have had to use very little Cal Mag and also very little N. Mostly Ive teased with Molasses, FF Big Bloom (castings and guano) and FF Bush Doctor Microbe Brew get down.

Theres a specific feeding schedule from Fox Farms designed for Happy Frog thats a bit different than a normal/ typical schedule because its a semi "live" soil.

( This is where people get in trouble with FF Ocean Forest....they feed it too much and it doesnt need it)
Yeah I know what you mean, I started feeding the sensi full strength in my last grow and had to dial it back a few times due to some tips burning and what not. I was planning on starting at 1/4 strength and working my way up from there.

And awesome I'll read into that feeding schedule thanks!

D

Dugplug

Hey what's up all, starting in on my second grow, first from seed though, and I thought I'd document and share here. I've got a journal I write everything in too but this way I can add in the pics 👍

Strain: White Widow, fem photo seeds from a local to me company called 5-seeds View attachment 1242216

Germination method: dropped the seeds in a cup of distilled water, placed in dark cabinet. Waited until the seeds cracked and taproot became visible, then planted into pre-watered soil. Taproot facing up maybe slightly diagonally, about 1/2" deep. View attachment 1242221

Medium: foxfarm happy frog soil

Current Grow space: 6.5"x8"X10" cardboard box with mylar taped to sides. (Wasn't sure about doing this but thought id give the mylar a try. Used dispensary bags turned inside out)View attachment 1242214View attachment 1242219

Light: 9watt (60 watt equivalent) purple great value grow light. View attachment 1242215

Light distance: about 4". Did have it at 6" but the seedlings began to stretch it looked to me ( little over 2" tall now)

Light schedule: 18hr on 6hr off

Pots: solo cups. (McDonald's cups made Into solo cups)

Nutes: none yet but plan to use botanicare cns 17 grow as well as botanicare kind base once the 4th or 5th set of true leaves grow.View attachment 1242220View attachment 1242218View attachment 1242217

Feeding schedule: plan to feed every other watering

Water practice: distilled water. Watered 1bsp daily until sprout. Now Waiting til soil dries almost completely then planning to water in a 1 inch cirlce around the stem until run off. Wait until dry (well almost) and repeat. I'm getting somewhat good at lifting my bigger pots to tell when to water so maybe I can learn the feel for solo cups too.

Temps: N/A, don't have a thermometer and budget is already maxed but grow box is in kitchen so no crazy temps high or low. (Between low of 60 and high of 85 if I had to guess)

Humidity: no idea, same story as temps. Have not done anything special for humidity though

That's all I can really think to provide for background at the moment, I've got a veg/flower closet setup but will wait to move the plants in until they are bigger and the closet is ready for them. (3 or 4 weeks from current harvest 😁)
Where do you plan on putting them when they get bigger? That light won't work

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Where do you plan on putting them when they get bigger? That light won't work
I've got a veg/ flower closet that's got 2 plants 3 or 4 weeks away from harvest that I plan to move them to

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Interesting Nute package with N-P-K-C-Ma. Have you used that combo in Happy Frog during your first grow?

Good luck with the grow!
You got me curious yesterday. I've got a little bag seed side project plant growing outside that's just about the age for nutes I think;
working on it's 4th set of true leaves.

This plant is also in happy frog so I thought id test the waters. I mixed up 500 ml water @ 50% strength cns17 grow & 80% strength kind base and fed to the plant.

It's now been about 24 hours and so far theres no sign of anything good or bad going on, as far as I can tell. Will update if anything happens

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Mid week update. Here they are at 6 days from sprout.
IMG 20220509 151310
IMG 20220509 083143028

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
FF Happy Frog Feeding Schedule
Never saw that schedule before I’m using HF and at 3 weeks I just began using microbe brew and grow from the 3 part, might add a bit of bloom this next watering (I did 1st feeding at 1/4 strength next one (this week) will be at 1/2 strength except for the microbe will be full strength thanks for sharing that!

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Interesting Nute package with N-P-K-C-Ma. Have you used that combo in Happy Frog during your first grow?

Good luck with the grow!

You got me curious yesterday. I've got a little bag seed side project plant growing outside that's just about the age for nutes I think;
working on it's 4th set of true leaves.

This plant is also in happy frog so I thought id test the waters. I mixed up 500 ml water @ 50% strength cns17 grow & 80% strength kind base and fed to the plant.

It's now been about 24 hours and so far theres no sign of anything good or bad going on, as far as I can tell. Will update if anything happens
Well it's been about 4 days now, I think haha, since feeding the 'test nutes'. I've watered one time since, just plain water and now here she looks. not sure if the leaf damage is from my feeding or possibly pests or something else.
Just trying to get a good grip on these nutes before time to feed the seedlings
IMG 20220510 122712812 HDR
IMG 20220510 122654013 HDR

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Went ahead and made a little wrinky dink makeshift temporary grow tent til the closet is freed up.
IMG 20220512 173732

Also just installed a small for air circulation but am worried it might be too much wind for the tiny box. Probably just worrying too much, here they are 'dancing in the wind' with the door closed. Well cracked open

IMG 20220512 173734
Maxwax

Maxwax

Never saw that schedule before I’m using HF and at 3 weeks I just began using microbe brew and grow from the 3 part, might add a bit of bloom this next watering (I did 1st feeding at 1/4 strength next one (this week) will be at 1/2 strength except for the microbe will be full strength thanks for sharing that!
Welcome bro. Yeah I use the Bush Doctor Microbe Brew. If its true to the label its great shit, full of goodies. Its even got stuff like BT in it.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Welcome bro. Yeah I use the Bush Doctor Microbe Brew. If its true to the label its great shit, full of goodies. Its even got stuff like BT in it.
Speaking of HF, heres the plant Ive been testing the nutes on. Fed her yesterday at 1/4 strength of both the base and grow and here she is today. Two total feedings now. Whatcha think? Gut tells me I'm cooking it but I've been known to be wrong
IMG 20220512 172906021

Top Bottom