First Indoor grow from seed. Grow diary

• Thread starter Lockeboxgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lpena93

Lpena93

The misunderstanding is no problem really but hey if you want to then I welcome it LOL. Yeah I've been thinking these plants are exceptionally tall myself, they've been growing thick at the same time as tall though compared to other plants that I've seen stretch, I've been thinking it was because of the little Walmart grow bulbs I was using, you think it's the genetics instead?

Dm me bro, i got you on some bad ass genetics. Hate how everyone is crazy on seeds and super expensive. They come so easy. Just clone one for seed purposes

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Has anyone ever heard of the light being too close to cause stretching? I just read that online. I've kept my little nine-watt lights pretty damn close to the plants this entire time to prevent stretching now I'm wondering if that caused it haha

Lpena93

Lpena93

Each growing method has pros and cons. There's a reason why people choose to grow in soil.
Has anyone ever heard of the light being too close to cause stretching? I just read that online. I've kept my little nine-watt lights pretty damn close to the plants this entire time to prevent stretching now I'm wondering if that caused it haha
Some plants are just stretchy. Putting the light close up prevents stretching

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

I knew it was a bad idea putting them in that closet, came home from work to a red spider mite crawling on top of one of the plants.

New tent and air exhaust system will be here Tuesday not sure if I want to move them into there now 🙃

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

IMG 20220522 182629655

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

22 days from sprout, fed the plant on the right 500ml distilled water @ 1/4 strength botannicare nutes and plan to do the same to the plant on the left this evening or tomorrow
IMG 20220525 012622315
IMG 20220525 012609998
IMG 20220525 012616229

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

I'm planning on topping once I get to 6 nodes, as far as drain holes go there are several on the bottom of each pot.
Yeah it seemed like a lot to me too but from the weight of the pot and the dryness of the soil I was pretty sure it was time to water and from everything I've read too much water isn't a bad thing as long as there is time in between to dry

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

I totally agree with you though because the other plant next to it is not nearly as dry and still needs time before water the one I watered just seems to be taking off a lot better

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Three in a row because I'm on break at work. Usually I try to water to about 20% run off and I place the Tupperware lids under the pots to catch the runoff, the pictures do make it look like there's no drainage LOL

Also on the topping do you think they are ready now? I've been holding off just to make sure it wouldn't stress them out too much but if you think they are ready now you probably have a lot more experience.

I've only ever topped one plant and I did it on the 7th node I believe

Lpena93

Lpena93

I'm planning on topping once I get to 6 nodes, as far as drain holes go there are several on the bottom of each pot.
Yeah it seemed like a lot to me too but from the weight of the pot and the dryness of the soil I was pretty sure it was time to water and from everything I've read too much water isn't a bad thing as long as there is time in between to dry
Usuals you top after 3rd node. You’ll have a lot of branches at the bottom if you top at 6th node. Maybe you can use those to clone

Top Bottom