First Indoor Grow - Open Advice on Set Up

• Thread starter NorCalAlien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NorCalAlien

I'll have to post pictures separately; my phone's being weird, or I'm being old...

First indoor set up. A lightproof flower room and an open air veg area. The flower room is actually the cab of a Ford F3500 Supervan (~5' x 2' x 3'), including the floor boards of the driver and passenger seat and the area above and between the two seats. One 600W Hps and about 150W of extra LED lights that I had with about 30W of led underneath (again, left overs). I also fell for one of those Exhale Co2 bags which help me in raising the humidity and at least isn't hurting!

Veg is open under extra grow light in the living room. Moderate fans and exhaust for both areas. General humidity pretty low in Nor Cal (~20%). With some small humidifiers I can get the flower room up to about 40%. Able to keep temps in both at about ~80F days, ~60F nights.

All in all, in theory, I think I've got things dialed in. The two Wedding Cake clones that i got as teens are thriving in the flower room where they've been on 12/12 for their third week. They were kind of tall and spindly when I got them and I've had to put the cloth pots on the floor boards and snake the stems up to the middle; but, they're still doing pretty well (just not expecting a huge yield).

The other nine are also doing great despite being packed closer then I've liked.

Biggest QUESTION
: Is there any problem having plants out, just vegging? They're getting at least 16h per day. Usually 18, but not on a timer. Also, although the dark period is at night and the lights are generally off, again, it's not strictly light proof. The Wedding Cake, in the Flower room, have about 6 more weeks. I probably won't transfer the veg plants until then (...although I probably could make room if I wanted...). As such, they've got a good chunk of time to grow considering the small space they'll be flowering in and I'm not super obsessed with maximizing their grow speed. Of course, I'm not opposed to it and would welcome any suggestions i may be missing.

Oh, again, I have a fair amount of extra led's lying around. The veg area has an inexpensive but decentish amazon 100W fan cooled led above. Two cheapy Chinesse red/white led panels on the side and an Amazon.com 4-armed led plant light in between the plants midway up.

Pix will obviously allow for more insight, I'll be grateful for it all.

peace

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Once plants receive 12 hours of darkness they will begin to flower. Any less they will veg. So no problem 16 18 24 hours of light they will veg.

N

NorCalAlien

Nice. Yea, they're just kinda hanging out, waiting for their reservation in the flower room. Living up to their state.

CannaDana

CannaDana

Sounds interesting. Can't wait for the photos. Following.

Top Bottom