First indoor grow, plants are dying?

• Thread starter gardennoob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Either your over feeding or your light is to close, if your feeding flush out your plant, give it a few days to recover then feed less, your leaves should be pointing up to the light not shying away from it, I use 600w led and 2 ft is about right

FerrinTM

FerrinTM

Could be a couple of different things, if you're using Coco Coir I'd guess nute lock from having ph offbalance. If you're in soil it's a little harder to mess the ph up that bad. When you make up your solution next ph it to 5.8.

If the PH is off doesn't matter how much nutrient you put in, the plant won't uptake it.

If it's not PH, could be light burn. Hold your hand over the top of the plant. If your hand starts to burn, your light is to close.

It could also be a salt buildup in the medium. You can flush the salts out by making sure your pot or whatever can drain, and just continuously adding water til it's all flushed out. then let the medium drain out and not sit in the drain water. As it will soak it back up if you let it set in the drainage.

G

gardennoob

Lights are 2 450w LED and are hung 24” above canopy. I am going to put in the bath tub and flush the soil today hoping it is a nutrient lock out or a salt build up. I have been PHing my water to 6.8 and had flushed the soil previously as the run off was acidic (caught it in time) it is a Fox Farm soil. I think I will be trying a live soil next grow hoping to avoid nutrient issues.

Thanks for the tips guys!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Plant is wet because the picture is directly after a watering, lights are at 24” and I haven’t given them any food, just in FFOF soil.

Lights are 2 450w LED and are hung 24” above canopy. I am going to put in the bath tub and flush the soil today hoping it is a nutrient lock out or a salt build up. I have been PHing my water to 6.8 and had flushed the soil previously as the run off was acidic (caught it in time) it is a Fox Farm soil. I think I will be trying a live soil next grow hoping to avoid nutrient issues.

Thanks for the tips guys!

I use ffof all the time and without issues like that, so its not the soil. What is the ph and PPM of your tap water? Correct your flush water to 6.5 and let it dry out, and then begin pH'ing your water to 6.5 for best results, good luck

Last edited:
G

gardennoob

Update: Light is hanging around 34” from canopy and soil have been thoroughly flushed. Plant is very sick

4B1EABCF A3B9 4F64 9823 0F83329D64E2
72F7994D FF84 40D5 87B6 B39E8FBEC41E
G

gardennoob

I would raise the lights definitely.

As for the soil I don't feel comfortable giving advice on as I'm a hydro griwer. I can only give you advice on what I see in the plants symptoms which are the same in either.

Best ask a soil guy how best to correct it.
Should I pick the dead from the plant? Or will it just start eating other growth if removed
+ How are you checking your pH?
If it's a meter are you calibrating it?

Yes sir I have a good meter and I calibrated in acidic and alkaline fluids weekly

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dude it's been a day or 2 max. The damaged leaves will not get better.

Only pay attention to new growth it will take time for her to recover. She was burnt pretty good. Don't go changing and adding a buncha stuff you will only make it worse imo

Don't give any feed only water for now and don't over water.
You don't really need to ph in soil as it controls the ph anyways. Unless your soil mix is out to start with in which you will be fighting it the entire grow. Coco and hydro are a must for ph but it doesn't really hurt to do so.

Patients....

G

gardennoob

Dude it's been a day or 2 max. The damaged leaves will not get better.

Only pay attention to new growth it will take time for her to recover. She was burnt pretty good. Don't go changing and adding a buncha stuff you will only make it worse imo

Don't give any feed only water for now and don't over water.
You don't really need to ph in soil as it controls the ph anyways. Unless your soil mix is out to start with in which you will be fighting it the entire grow. Coco and hydro are a must for ph but it doesn't really hurt to do so.

Patients....
On the good note it is producing new fresh growth I was just wondering if the burnt and dead should be picked

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

On the good note it is producing new fresh growth I was just wondering if the burnt and dead should be picked
If they are completely dead you can pull en but avoid stressing her more. They will fall off on there own. Give a small Tig and if they come great if not leave en a few days. Once she recovers you can pluck even the ones with damage if you like

Top Bottom