First manicure / dry, tips and advice welcome

• Thread starter desertmedgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

desertmedgrower

This is my first shot at manicuring and drying a larger amount and wanted to make sure I have everything down. I chopped one plant showing 50/50 cloud/amber to make sure that I get the process down before I move on.

I did the manicure while the plant was wet and now have the branches hanging in a closet. In the closet I have a humidifer running which is keeping the closet at 47 % RH and 75-77 degrees F

I have the closet door cracked on the opposite side (as to not let light on the buds ) and have an oscillating fan blowing air out of the closet through the crack.

How should I be on those environmental factors? Should I be aiming to dry the whole plant at once since I am in a desert climate?

Thanks guys ;)

IMG126
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I think you have it under control.

Nice buds too.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
That sounds good to me. I have about the same conditions in my drying room. I like leaving as much stem connected to plant as I can and still trim it easily. Yours looks good. I think the stem is you friend when it comes to helping the buds dry even. That way if you have some buds that getting dry too quickly. (eg. dry to crisp 2-3 days).... you can usually bag them and the moisture will even out again then you can decide if needs more drying or not. Maybe some smell is in there too. IDK Just the way I do it. Brown paper bags from the grocery store can work well for the last days of drying/curing. Usually day 3-4 they will be ready for brown bagging.... with some stem if possible. Anyway, you get the idea and are off to a good start.

fred

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Christ tobor i could have just said that huh??? :) Well i need to be faster..I never get my post out first.

fred

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
LOL at your slow ass reaction time Fred.

I totally agree about your stem theory.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Lookin good.. Ur gunna have some nice smoke real soon

D

desertmedgrower

so.... we had a little bit of wet weather but it took me somewhere between 4-5 days from chop, for them to be ready for the jars.

This kushberry pheno's fragrance is strong, with a strong lemon scent and a deep skunk after taste ;) She finished in 58 days ... I have yet to harvest any of my other kushberries yet as none have finished

Thx for the tips and pointers guys all!

IMG127
IMG130
A

AliasAO

so.... we had a little bit of wet weather but it took me somewhere between 4-5 days from chop, for them to be ready for the jars.

This kushberry pheno's fragrance is strong, with a strong lemon scent and a deep skunk after taste ;) She finished in 58 days ... I have yet to harvest any of my other kushberries yet as none have finished

Thx for the tips and pointers guys all!

Looking good Desert. My plants usually are larger due to longer VEG times so I hang for 7-10 days but your plants should be ready for jars before that bc of the smaller size.

Where did U get that scale from in the Pic? Im looking to upgrade to a larger one and that looks right up my alley.

--AO

D

desertmedgrower

Hey man... picked it up from the head shop around the corner... the price tag was 40 dollars so it wasn't so bad and does .1 g up to 500g .

hiboy

hiboy

if your stems dont snap i wouldnt jar yet
fill up brown paper bags 1/4 way for a day or 2.
h

D

desertmedgrower

Ya... switched back to the paper bags after I saw the amount of moisture when I woke up this morning. You know more about it than I do without even looking at it ;(

hiboy

hiboy

Ya... switched back to the paper bags after I saw the amount of moisture when I woke up this morning. You know more about it than I do without even looking at it ;(

youll get it,
just remember for next time or take notes.
it gets easy, like tieing ur shoes
h

T

tipper619sd

great thread here love all the positive and accurate responses since i am a newb grower and i was going thru the same thing but now i know i am down the right path thanks to all of you here on thc farmer peace.Keep up all the great work and your buds look very nice =) keep on top of it.

Top Bottom