First MPB Room

• Thread starter JPLord01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JPLord01

JPLord01

So my room is 7ft w x 10ft l x 7 ft t . I'm looking to run a 4 tub 5 light system. Do you thing a 12000 btu A/C will work for this room? What size rez for this setup?
I will be runing Blue Dream in this setup. And thank you all for your input. I will put up some photos soon of the room.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Hey bro,
good luck with the setup. LOts of good peeps here to help you out.
You need 5'000 btu per 1,000 watter. Unless you cool tube them.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Thanks Bossman With this room do you think that a 10in maxx fan in take and with the a/c work. I think the 10 maxx fan is like 1026 cfm's. I put one in for a friend of mine and there are runing a 8 light system not MPB but a ebb and flo. The room is runing cool.
There room is like 12 x 18. They run it at night .

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

If you run them at nite. Then it may just keep it cool enough.
But just remember a smaller room is harder to cool. Then a larger room.
If at all posible I would try to get a 2 ton AC. Then you would not have to vent so much air. IMO venting is just a way for bugs or molds or any issues to sneak in.
Also you will not loose as much C02. If you are running C02.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

You want 10 gal per girls.
So a 50 gallon rez would be fine.
I did a 70 gal because I was planning for a total of 6 girls.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Thank you so much for your help. I'm off to get some parts. I'm going to do a photo build
so people can see what I'm doing. I looked at some A/Cs and would a window a/c work a 25000 btu. I will be getting a 1/2 hp chiller for the rez. I got some pumps but they are to small. I need a 1200 and a 1800 gph pump. I got 2 560s they will not work so back they go. The 1200 is for the drip wright and the 1800 is for the tub feed at the bottom.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

A 25ooo btu should work.
And yes the 1200 is for the dripper's. But with only 5 girls you could go with a 800 for the drippers.
The 1800 GPH for the feed is perfect.
Just make sure you read every post from the MPB er's.
You may read through an entire thread and only find a couple valid pieces of info.
But it is worth it.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

You may read through an entire thread and only find a couple valid pieces of info.
But it is worth it.

Ohh man isnt this true!!! I read tons and tons of threads just so I can pull maybe 5% usefull info, the rest of the time is usally just random bs, that at times can be at leaste entertaining.

JPLord01

JPLord01

I'm doing 4 girls and 5 light so 800 GPH will work for the drip. I pulled all the photos that where useful and put them in a file and some of the text to. I put it on my desktop for
refrance. Photos from Lost MPB DIY and some of DDs photos. I'm going to give a brake
down of the hose the pumps and fittings. I got 20 ft of 1in 3/4in and 1/2in of hose to start.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Some things you need to do when you make the hole for the lid.
1 Cut the bucket 2" from the bottom lip.
03314.JPG

2 After you cut the bucket then draw your line on the outside take some of the line.
03012.JPG

I broke the first lid so if you do this step you can avoid my mistake.
02710.JPG

JPLord01

JPLord01

So this is my room. 7x10x7 should put tubs this way?
02115.JPG

Or this way
01915.JPG

The wall to the right is where I will put the rez. On the other side of the wall.

G

GBOOST

When you say 7x10x7, do you mean 7x7x10? As in 10ft high? Or is the room only 7ft high? If your 7x7 room dimensions, your tight for room, most people will tell you not enough, I am going in 8x8 so I know where your coming from. Turn the tubs sideways to the wall so that they are as far away from each other as possible, right up against the wall. Remember as there is no light on the backsides of the plants (the wall side) you will train the branchs out the sides and towards the middle of the room so having them against the wall will not be a massive issue and will give you more room for 3/4 of the plant.

Ozzie

JPLord01

JPLord01

From the top of the net pot to the ceiling it is 4ft 9ins room is 7ft wide 10 ft long and 7 ft tall. will this room work?

B

BlindCripple

Premium Member
Supporter
I would say you'll want at least a 24k btu AC. if your going MPB you also need to think about your chillers putting off heat, your fans, ballats, pumps, ect. you can plumb most of this out of the room but you will be making some additional heat no matter what.

I can only cool 3 lights in a 14x8x8 with a 14,000btu portable a/c if i want to hold 78. These are in vented hoods and i'm assuming your room would run a touch hotter since its smaller.

also if your thinking MPB you should look at the section on which AC to purchase. make sure your getting something that doesn't vent out all your c02 and smell eventually. The Excel Stealth units are very nice but cost a pretty penny. The one DDs recommends looks just as good.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Kingersons has some awesome deals! I picked up a 2 ton cooling only freidrich split for $1500 from them. (line set and shipping extra)

G

GBOOST

From the top of the net pot to the ceiling it is 4ft 9ins room is 7ft wide 10 ft long and 7 ft tall. will this room work?

I think it will work just fine, you might want to spread them out on the longer distance more, and possiblly offset the centre 2 slightly, to give you a minimum 40-50" from tote to tote, and 25" or so to each light. And it may sound silly, but with your ac limitations, it may be a better idea to run 5 pkants and 4 lights. Sure, you don't get as much light per plant, but you'll have less cooling load on the room, and layout wise it would probably work better, put one mpb right in the centre of the room, and your other 4 right in the corners.

You might even want to offset the netpot in the lid to get it more in the corner, again as you'll have no growth on the wall side and will give you more room to the light so they don't grow into each other. I would highly recommend looking into cool tubes, as your really gonna struggle with the ac size you have, and also keep in mind if you use a window style ac, or a portable, that these will vent air from the room outside, so you won't be able to run a sealed room and co2 as you'll constantly be losing it thru the AC. Maybe save the extra money and buy a mini split? With 4 lights, cool tubes and co2 you would probably get away with 14-16k btu, 5 lights maybe 20k btu?

Ozzie

L

LuvMiSensi

A window A/C wont vent co2 outside of the room, I've been using window A/C in a sealed room and never had a problem.

To reduce A/C demands keep things like chillers and ballast outside the the room, a 20k btu/6kw would handle 4-5 lights, but with that said the bigger u can go the less load on the a/c the more power your going to save.

G/L with the setup jplord!:pimp:

JPLord01

JPLord01

I will be framing a support for the a/c and have just the front of the a/c in the room.
Like a flush mount A/C the rest of the ac will be outside of the room. The only things that I will have in the room will be the lights,CO2 gen,fans,and the tubs. The rest of the stuff will be outside of the room. The ballast,pumps,rez and chiller.So the a/c will pull the co2 out of the room?

Top Bottom